Are you ready to step up to a Yamaha CP300 Digital Stage Piano? You've been doing the semi-pro thing for a while now. You've got a reputation as a great player. You're in demand. Maybe its time to move on from the old plastic synthesizer you learned on. Maybe it's time to invest in an instrument that's got the real feeling, real sound, and real features that are deserving of a real professional. It isn't for the fair-weather hobbyist. This is the digital stage piano for musicians who are serious about their sound and performance.
Yamaha Knows What A Piano Sounds Like
They've been building concert grand pianos for over a century and CP digital pianos since 1976, so when Yamaha talks about realism, you know it's not just a buzzword. The CP300 features Yamaha's flagship AVM technology which starts by sampling one of their celebrated acoustic grand pianos. Obsessive attention is paid to the recreation of subtle details like key-off noises, harmonic string resonance, and even half-damper sounds for the most realistic playing experience possible. In addition to the premium piano sounds, it comes with a selection of electric piano, organ, and orchestral sounds that just as useable and expressive.
88 Keys That Are Second To None
Enhancing the playing experience is Yamaha's Graded Hammer Effect keyboard, a playing surface that recreates the give and resistance of a real, mechanical instrument. Just like a real piano's keys, those on the CP300 feel heavier on the bass end and lighter on the treble side, with a subtle, graded difference from one end to the other. The keys are also proportionally the same as a real piano's, with the waterfall profile that will feel familiar under any experienced pianist's fingers. Not only do the keys lend themselves to amazing performances of the on-board sounds, but because the keyboard is MIDI-compatible, those same amazing keys can be used to control all your external sound modules, virtual synthesizers and even other keyboards. You'll never want to touch another key-bed again, and you'll never have to.
The Stage Piano For Consummate Professionals
Made for the most demanding gigging situations, the Yamaha CP300 features professional components across the board. The main outputs are balanced XLR, the standard connection in touring situations and recording studios. Not only do they ensure the cleanest connection, but they sport locking jacks so your cords won't accidentally pull loose during performance. It features inputs for four separate expression pedals, one for each of the three standard piano pedals (sustain, soft, and sostenuto) and a fourth input that can be assigned to volume, effects parameters, or master EQ control. There's also a powerful stereo speaker system on board, perfect for stage monitoring or rehearsals. A pro-quality headphone jack is also provided. One of the most unique features of the Yamaha CP300 is its panel lock button which, when engaged, defeats all other controls on the keyboard. This ensures that you never accidentally switch sounds in the middle of a performance without intending to. It has your professional reputation in mind.
- 88-key Graded Hammer keyboard
- Yamaha's innovative AWM tone-generation engine
- 50 original voices, 480 XG voices, plus 12 drum kits
- 128-note polyphony
- Shape your sound on the fly with front-panel sliders for 5-band master EQ
- Dial in reverb, chorus, delay, rotary speaker simulation, auto-wah, and more
- Four pedal jacks, plus sliders and pitch pend/mod wheels for real-time controls
- Onboard 16-track sequencer
- Comprehensive MIDI
- Control up to four external modules with Master mode
- Store and recall custom settings in Performance mode
- Professional balanced XLR left and right outputs
- USB to host computer
- Built-in stereo speakers
If you're serious about performance, and you're ready to invest in the last professional digital stage piano you'll ever need, the Yamaha CP300 is your ideal instrument.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Keyboard: GH keyboard 88 keys (A-1 C7)
- Sound source: AWM Dynamic Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony (max.): 128
- Voices: presets: 50 voices
- XG voices: 480 voices + 12 drum kits
- Performances: 64 performances x 56 files (max.)
- Effects: reverb, chorus, master equalizer, variation effect, insertion effect x 3
- Controller: master volume dial, pitch bend wheel, modulation wheel, master equalizer slider, zone control slider, song volume slider
- Display: 24 characters x 2 lines, LCD with back-light
- Recording/playback: 16-track recording/playback, tempo adjustment, max. capacity: 1.4 MB, 140,000 notes
- Jacks/Connectors: MIDI (in/out/thru), phones, input (L/mono, R), output (L/mono, R), XLR outputs (L/mono, R), output (L/R), assignable foot pedal (sustain/sostenuto/soft/aux), USB to host, AC inlet
- Main amplifiers: 30 W x 2
- Speakers: 13 cm x 2
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1391 x 460 x 170 mm (54-3/4 in. x 18-1/8 in. x 6-15/16 in.)
- Weight: 32.5 kg (71 lbs., 10 oz)
- Accessories: AC power cord, foot pedal FC3, owner's manual
Power Supply: AC Power Cable (Included)
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011
The Yamaha CP300 digital piano represents decades of technology and experience distilled into a brilliant instrument.
In 1976, Yamaha released the first of the CP series stage pianos. These 'electric grands' became instant classics with their authentic sound and live performance convenience. Thirty years later, Yamaha celebrates those milestone keyboards by unveiling the latest and greatest in the CP series: the CP300. Drawing on their rich tradition and experience, this instrument gives the live performer all the sound and expressiveness of a superbly mic'd grand piano with the portability and versatility of a modern digital instrument.
- 88-key Graded Hammer keyboard with authentic touch
- State-of-the-art AWM tone generation system
- Maximum polyphony of 128 notes
- 50 original Voices, plus 480 XG Voices and 12 Drum Kits
- Five-band Master EQ, with panel sliders
- Reverb, Chorus and other effects, including Delay, Rotary Speaker and Auto Wah
- Comprehensive MIDI functions
- Four pedal connectors for maximum expression, and full set of real-time controllers -- including sliders and Pitch Bend/Modulation wheels
- Built-in high-quality stereo speaker system
- A powerful Performance mode for storing and recalling your custom CP300 settings
- Built-in 16-track sequencer for recording
- Master mode, for independent control of up to four external tone generators
- Balanced XLR outputs
- USB terminal -- letting you connect to a computer for recording of your performances, creating/arranging of songs, and converting to notation
Made to be played
Like all fine instruments, the CP series keyboards simply beg to be played. Sit down with one, and the instrument becomes an extension of your hands and your musical imagination. The authentic piano voices and rich expressiveness come alive at your touch, and the sound is big enough to blast through a full band onstage -- yet nuanced enough to work magic in an intimate club.
Yamaha's extensive experience in crafting fine acoustic pianos helps us in creating the ultimate digital pianos. Our advanced Graded Hammer Effect (GHE) action gives all keys an authentic resistance that increases from the top register to the lower -- just as on an actual acoustic piano. Which means that you can naturally pound out thunderous low notes with your left hand and let the fingers on your right dance and fly with the high notes. This keyboard practically plays itself, working with you -- not against you -- and brings out the very best in your performance.
Crafting the authentic sound of the CP series involved extraordinary attention to detail. We used meticulously recorded stereo samples of top-quality instruments, taken at various playing strengths, and included subtle elements such as String Resonance (harmonic overtones), Stereo Sustain (open strings while pedaling), and even Key-Off Samples (recordings of felt dampers coming to rest on vibrating piano strings) -- providing the most authentic sounding and finely nuanced acoustic piano voices possible. There's also a wide variety of other dynamic sounds, including vintage electric piano, organ, guitar, strings, and much more.
Stay in control
As master keyboard controllers, the CP300 stage piano lets you take full command of your gear. Play and control external synthesizers and tone generators (such as the Motif-Rack ES) during your performance. Assign different internal voices to different sections of the keyboard or even create complex, multi-textured layers of sound. There are four instrument Zones on the CP300 with 4 dedicated Zone sliders on the panel that let you easily tweak the level of each instrument as you play. You can also freely reassign the sliders and wheels to control other sonic characteristics of the connected gear as desired, such as sound attack, decay, brightness and filter cutoff.
Take center stage
Step out front and make your presence known. The CP series has a special Mono Piano sound, complete with a compression effect, designed specifically for live performance. It has the punch and power to stand out, even in full band situations.
Lock it up
Onstage, you need to make sure everything goes smoothly. Sometimes an errant hand (yours or someone else's) can touch the panel controls and change your special settings, giving you a rude surprise in the middle of your performance. The Panel Lock button lets you prevent that, keeping all settings fixed and secure, until you're ready to change them yourself.
The CP300 features professional quality balanced XLR output connectors. These give you the cleanest, clearest noise-free signal -- both for serious recording in the studio, and playing onstage where long unbalanced cables may compromise your sound.
A built-in stereo speaker system on the CP300 lets you hear the sound of the keyboard without the need for setting up a separate monitor. Just bring the CP300 onstage and you're ready to perform! A convenient Speaker On/Off panel button lets you disable it and leave the monitoring levels to your soundman.
Pedal to the Metal
The CP series keyboards give you the same pedal control as an actual grand piano. Sustain, Soft and Sostenuto jacks are available on the CP300. On certain piano sounds, Sustain can be partially applied -- reproducing the "half-damper" effect of slightly muting the resonating strings on a real piano. The CP300 also has an fourth pedal input that can be used for controlling a variety of sound settings, such as Reverb or Chorus level, or the brightness of the sound.