A Classic Tube Preamp in a Go-Anywhere Design!
Plug into the Universal Audio Solo/610 preamp to amplify a microphone, instrument, or line-level signal through a classic all-tube circuit. Based on the original Putnam 610 console preamp that's been used to record literally thousands of acclaimed artists over the decades, this super-portable pre is loaded with tone-shaping tools to help imbue your sound with just the right amount of warmth. If you need one great single-channel preamp with tons of tube character on tap, the Solo/610 is a fantastic choice.
Learn more with this video from Universal Audio:
Get an overview of the Universal Audio Solo/610 Microphone Preamp in this video demo:
Two Tubes With Lots Of Power
The UA Solo/610 gets its signature sound from a 12AX7 and a 12AT7 tube. The microphone impedance is switchable, allowing you to use these tubes to generate a Maximum Gain Mic Input of 55 dB at a 1.6K ohm input, and 60 dB at a 450 ohm input. Using the DI input, you can plug in an instrument and dial in up to 37 dB of gain.
A Whole World of Tone Between Two Knobs
The SOLO/610's Mic and DI inputs both run to the Master Gain and Level knobs on the front panel. You'll likely discover that the majority of your tonal crafting happens here. As you ride the Input Gain to move from crystal-clear tones into more complex tube transients and crunchy distortions, you can adjust the Level to control how hard your output is hitting your mixer or digital recording interface. The strength of this signal will determine the response you get from whatever processors or FX you have running in your chain after the SOLO/610.
All The Great Features You Need
You'll find that the SOLO/610 provides all of essential features you need on a preamp, with absolutely top-of-the-line componentry. You've got +48V phantom power, lo-cut (high-pass) filtering, and phase reverse switches. Many engineers and studio musicians also find a great deal of tonal variance in playing with the dual impedance selector that covers both Mic and DI inputs. You've also got a Ground Lift switch to eliminate ground noise when it arises.
Rugged and Happy To Travel
The SOLO/610 is an exceptionally friendly piece of gear to port around, coming complete with a rubber carrying handle and weighing only 9 pounds. It feels rugged and dependable in your hands -- because it was hand-crafted from high-quality steel in the USA at the Universal Audio factory.
- Portable single-channel tube mic preamp/DI
- 12AX7 tube and 12AT7 tube
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Lo Cut filtering
- Phase Reverse
- Gain and Level knobs
- Impedance selector switch
- Thru and Mic/Line level output
- Rugged construction; steel chassis with rubber handle
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
- Mic Input Impedance: Selectable 500 ohms (Lo-Z) or 2k ohms (Hi-Z)
- DI Input: Selectable 2.2M ohms (Lo-Z) or 47k ohms (Hi-Z)
- Frequency Response; 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 1 dB
- Maximum Gain; 61 dB
- Tube Complement; (1) 12AX7, (1) 6072
- Maximum Mic Input Level; -12 dBu, 1.0% THD+N Ratio
- Maximum Instrument Input Level; +4 dBu, 1.0% THD+N Ratio
- Maximum Output Level into 600 ohms; +14 dBu, 1% THD+N Ratio
- Maximum Output Level into 100k ohms; +18 dBu, 1.0% THD+N Ratio
- Internal Output Impedance; 80 W
- Recommended Minimum Load; 600 ohms
- Mic/Instrument In Frequency Response; 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 0.1 dB
- Maximum Gain Instrument Input; 37 dB
- Maximum Gain Mic Input; 55 dB (2k input), 60 dB (500 input)
- Power Requirements; 100-130 VAC 200-240 VAC
- Maximum Power Consumption; 18 watts
- Dimensions; H: 5 in. W: 5 3/4 in. L: 14 in.
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 877-698-2834
Universal Audio Solo/610 Microphone PreThe SOLO/610 delivers the classic Putnam 610 console sound to the single channel format in a rugged, highly versatile form factor, at a price every project studio can afford. The all-tube SOLO/610 provides the silky vintage warmth of the original UA 610 console used by artists ranging from Sinatra to Van Halen. The SOLO/610 will flatter the cheapest to the most esoteric microphone with its signature sound. Unlike stationary rack gear, the SOLO/610 can be conveniently used in the control room or recording room, on stage or desktop, due to its portable "go anywhere" design. Functionally lean but sonically mean, the SOLO/ 610 was carefully created to maintain all of the character of its vintage predecessor, and has the same solid build and audiophile components professionals expect from its more expensive UA siblings like the 2-610 and M610.
The SOLO/610 offers Mic and DI inputs, and features Gain and Level control for a wide variety of clean to colored tonal shaping. Unlike its predecessors, the SOLO/610 has continuous a Gain control with even greater range, allowing for more precise gain structuring and doubles as input signal padding. The SOLO/610 has all the essential features like 48v Phantom Power, Lo Cut filtering, Phase Reverse, and for even greater tonal variety, maintains the 610's flexible dual impedance selection for both Mic and DI inputs. The SOLO/610 also includes essential DI features like Thru for when used in conjunction with an amplifier, plus Ground Lift and a versatile Mic/Line level output switch. The SOLO/610 is hand-assembled by Universal Audio in the USA.
Features- Classic Putnam 610 console Mic Preamplifier and DI
- Legendary all-tube sound finally at project studio price
- Gain, Level, and impedance selection for maximum tonal variety
- Portable design for studio, desktop or stage
- Rugged construction-steel chassis
- DI features like Thru and Mic/Line level output
- UA build quality and heritage, hand-assembled in USA