Take your live vocal performance to the next level with this intelligent and comprehensive vocal processing unit from TC-Helicon. The VoiceWorks harmony FX voice processor features TC Helicon's signature harmony technology that delivers everything from pitch-perfect single parallel harmonies to thick, mixed back-up voices.
Natural Harmonies or Spacey Sounds
This ain't your ordinary harmonizer -- not by a long stretch. This baby features TC-Helicon's intelligent "humanizing" function that mimics subtle imperfections in the human voice for a completely natural sounding performance. Need something a little more "out there?" VoiceWorks' humanizing function can be toggled on or off so you can dial in a hard, artificial harmonization for those situations that requires a more unique effect. Each of the four voices has gender control which allows you to select male or female characteristics in your harmonies. And, with 100 presets onboard, you'll never find yourself in a situation without a sound that's perfect for it. There's even a HarmonyHold feature that allows you to "freeze" backing harmonies while you sing over them.
Great Without The Harmonies, Too
Don't need harmony? You want your single-voiced performance to be just as clear and defined as your harmonies. The VoiceWorks processor has a wealth of effects and controls to make sure you've got studio-quality vocals at every performance. TC-Helicon gives you onboard compression, 3-band parametric EQ, reverb, delay, even pitch correction, all of which can be dialed in to subtly (or dramatically) improve your performance. TC-Helicon's pitch-correction algorithm can be gentle and transparent or stepped and modern-sounding depending on how it's set. A full suite of controls allow you to adjust window size, attack time and correction amount to tailor the pitch-correction to the performance.
Are you the kind of frontman/frontwoman who needs absolute control of your performance? VoiceWorks' "Song Mode" allows you to pre-program presets so you can easily select different effects and harmonies at any point in each song. With the optional TC Electronic G-Switch 3-button footswitch, different presets can be assigned to different buttons, so you can trigger harmonies and effects at different points in your performance. For example, use preset #1 for your song's verse, trigger preset #25 to provide a lift to the chorus and finally, use preset #99 to apply an extra-special effect for your extra-special bridge.
The TC Helicon VoiceWorks brings studio-quality vocals to your live performance. Whether it's by adding thick, natural sounding harmonies or by defining your solo voice, the VoiceWorks will give you the boost you need for a performance your audience (and that A&R dude sitting at the bar) will never forget.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
TC Electronic and TC-Helicon products.
Digital Inputs and Outputs
- Connectors: RCA Phono (S/PDIF)
- Formats: S/PDIF (24 bit), EIAJ CP-340, IEC 958
- Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
- Frequency Response: DIO DC to 22/23.9 kHz +/- 0.01 dB @ 44.1/48 kHzAnalog Inputs
- Connectors, balanced: Mic.: XLR, Line: 1/4 in. phone jack
- Bal./Unbal: Mic.: 3.6/1.8 kOhm, Line: 21/13 kOhm
- Line Input Level @ 0 dBFS: +24 dBu to +0 dBu
- Line Sensitivity @ 12 dB headroom: -12 dBu to +12 dBu
- Mic. Input Level @ 0 dBFS (Pad Off/On): -14 dBu/+6 dBu to -51 dBu/-31 dBu
- Mic. Sensitivity @ 12 dB headroom (Pad Off/On): -26 dBu/-6 dBu to -63 dBu/-43 dBu
- Line, Mic. @ Min gain, Dynamic Range: > +92 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- NF/Vi @ Max. micamp. gain, Rg = 200 Ohm: < +2 dB / -127.4 dBu
- THD: < -100 dB (0,001 %) @ 1 kHz
- Line Frequency Response: +0/-0.1 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Mic. Frequency Response, max gain: -1.5 dB @ 40 Hz, +0/-0.1 dB (200 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Crosstalk: < -85 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- A to D Conversion: 24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream
- A to D Delay 0.65/0.70 ms @ 48/44.1 kHz Analog Outputs
- D to A Conversion: 24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream
- D to A Delay: 0.63/0.68 ms @ 48/44.1 kHz
- Connectors, balanced: 1/4 in. phone jack
- Output Impedance: 40 Ohm
- Max. Output Level
- Bal./Unbal.: +20 dBu/+14 dBu, R-load >= 1200 Ohm
- Output Range: Variable up to +20 dBu
- Dynamic Range: > +104 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- THD: <-98 dB (0.0013 %) @ 1 kHz
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0/-0.3 dB
- Crosstalk: <-100 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- EMC: Complies with IEN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2 FCC part 15, Class B, CISPR 22, Class B
- Safety: Certified to IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA E60065 CSA FILE #LR108093 Environment
- Operating Temperature: 32 degrees F to 122 degrees F (0 degrees C to 50 degrees C)
- Storage Temperature: -22 degrees F to 167 degrees F (-30 degrees C to 70 degrees C)
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing Control Interface
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru: 5 Pin DIN
- Pedal: 1/4 in. phone jack Supplementary
- Display: 2x16 backlit LCD
- Dimensions: 19 in. x 1.75 in. x 8.2 in. (483 x 44 x 195 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 lb. (1.85 kg)
- Mains Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto-select)
- Power Consumption: <15 W
- Warranty: Parts and labor 1 year
Note: Due to continuous development and standardization all specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 7 lbs
VoiceWorks has multi-voice harmonies, transparent pitch correction and fat automatic double-tracking, all so realistic you can solo them with confidence. VoiceWorks includes superb TC Electronic effects and the HarmonyHold (tm), which lets you freeze your backing harmonies while you sing over them. For live performance, Song Mode allows you to save internal 'sequences' of up to 50 songs with 30 user presets per song. Add TC Helicon's quality mic preamp (w/48V phantom) and TC Electronic Compression, EQ, Tap-Tempo Delay and Reverbs and you have an amazing vocal channel with 100 user presets at your fingertips.
FeaturesRealistic Harmony Voices
The four voices in Voiceworks can be "humanized" using styles that mimic subtle imperfections between singers or sung performances so that they sound more natural. Of course this can be turned off for a more artificial and ear-catching sound if you prefer! Each voice also has a gender control which allows you to defined male and female characteristics in your harmony group. Of the 100 presets in the product, many have been pre-configured to offer a wide range of harmony options without requiring you to edit anything if you prefer not to.
Creating a Better Basic Sound
What happens when the harmonies are muted? Great vocal tone, that's what. With the tasteful application of the onboard compression, 3 band parametric EQ, reverb and delay, even your basic working sound can be greatly improved with VoiceWorks.
You can check out the pitch correction by browsing these presets in VoiceWorks. TC-Helicon's pitch correction algorithm can be gentle and transparent or stepped and modern-sounding depending on how it's set. A full suite of controls allow you to adjust window size, attack time and correction amount to tailor the correction to the performance.
No Sequencer? Footswitch Control is Available
A flexible menu of options allows you to set what the 3 footswitches on the optional Switch3 footswitch do. The standard application is to have preset up and down and harmony mute, but this can be reconfigured to allow stepping through a sequence of steps in Song mode.
What is Song Mode?
Using Song mode is a way to change your presets in a pre-programmed way by pressing a footswitch. Preset #1 could be used for the verse of a song and then preset #25 could provide a lift to the chorus and finally, preset #99 could be used to create a special effect for the bridge. Without Song mode, you would have to do a lot of advancing through presets but they can be pre-programmed so all you do is press the Step Up footswitch and you're there.
- HybridShift(tm) harmony generation for smooth, natural sound
- 4 independent harmony voices, 4 distinct harmony Modes: Scale, Chord, Shift and MIDI Notes
- 2 Lead-voice Thickening Voices - one voice above and one voice below
- Humanization of harmony voices utilizing: FlexTime(tm), Vibrato, Inflection, Pitch randomization, Portamento
- Selectable Equal-tempered and Just tuning for harmonies
- Scale-based Pitch Correction for studio and live performance
- Fully adjustable Gender and Voicing per voice
- High Quality Mic Preamp with 48V phantom power
- TC Electronic 3-band EQ plus low cut
- TC Electronic Compressor/Gate
- TC Electronic Reverb/Tap-tempo Delay
- Song Mode for live performance allows you to save internal 'sequences' of up to 50 songs with 30 user presets per song
- MIDI CC control over all parameters
TC Electronic G-Switch 3-Button Footswitch