The Shure DMK5752 Drum Microphone Package gives you the industry-standard mics you need for an easy, seamless drum kit audio capture. Shure's Beta 52A and a trio of SM57 dynamic microphones are the tools you need to cover your kick drum, your snare, and two toms. The high maximum SPL handling of these babies means they're durable enough for close miking of loud instruments like drums and amplifiers. This pack offers a lot of versatility -- beyond miking up the kit, you'll find these mics are useful in all sorts of recording and live performance situations.
The Ubiquitous Shure SM57Perhaps no other microphone has made its appearance in recording sessions and live performances as much as the SM57. This popular dynamic microphone has a frequency response of 40 Hz to 15 kHz and a high maximum SPL of 150 dB, making it a great tool to capture midrange instruments like toms, snares, guitar amplifiers -- and they're very popular for live performances for vocals as well.
The SM57's high maximum SPL means it can handle a lot of level before distorting, and its durable darn-near-bulletproof construction makes it a reliable tool for close-miking drums. The SM57 picks up in a cardioid polar pattern and is very directional, minimizing bleed from other drums or cymbals in your kit.
Your Punchy Beta 52AWhen it's time to mic up the kick drum, you can get low and loud with Shure's up-to-the-task Beta 52A. This dynamic microphone picks up frequencies as low as 20 kHz and has a maximum SPL of 174 dB, so if your drummer has a heavy foot, you don't need to worry about your sonic capture losing any integrity in the recording process. The Beta 52A has a supercardioid polar pattern which results in an increased proximity effect -- a bump in lower frequencies when placed close to the source.
Versatility -- Not Just for DrumsThese must-have mics are for more than just drums. The SM57s work great for capturing guitar amplifiers and many midrange instruments. The Beta 52A can also be used to record bass cabinets. All of these microphones perform well for live shows that involve a PA system. Your SM57s even double as vocal microphones for live performances.
Secure Carrying Case and AD56 Drum MountsAlong with your four microphones, this pack includes three AD56 drum mounts that clip securely right onto your drums. No matter how hard you hit your toms or your snare, your SM57s will remain secure, steady, and always ready to capture your drum hits with pristine integrity. Everything included in this pack fits snugly into a silver blue enamel-painted die-cast metal carrying case with a hardened, matte-finished steel grille -- a durable and sleek looking way to carry and store these four stellar microphones.
Features:- One Beta 52A microphone; three SM57 microphones
- Beta 52A has frequency response of 20 Hz to 10 kHz
- SM57 microphones have frequency response of 40 Hz to 15 kHz
- Beta 52A has supercardioid polar pattern; SM57 uses cardioid polar pattern
- Beta 52A for capturing kick drum or amplified bass
- SM57 suitable for drum heads and almost any instrument
- Beta 52A max SPL of 174 dB; SM57 max SPL of 150 dB
- Three AD56 drum mounts included
- Drum mounts and mics come in silver blue enamel-painted die-cast metal carrying case with hardened, matte-finished steel grille
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Shure products.
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Case: Silver Blue enamel-painted die-cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel grille
- Frequency Response: 20 to 10,000 Hz (see Figure 1)
- Adjustable, Locking Stand Adapter: Integral, dynamic locking, adjustable through 180 degrees, with standard 5/8"-27 thread
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -64 dBV/Pa* (0.6 mV)
*1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 (45 actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z
- Phasing: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Maximum SPL: 174 dB at 1000 Hz (calculated)
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs
- with Tripod Stand and 4 Mic Cables (18.5 Foot)
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-25-SHURE
Product DescriptionThe industry standard for snare drum, and a reliable and high-performing choice for toms, Shure's cardioid dynamic SM57 microphone features a contoured frequency response that cuts through the mix with exceptional impact, while reproducing sound accurately.
The Shure SM57 unidirectional dynamic microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup or for vocals. With its bright, clean sound and carefully contoured presence rise, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.
For musical instruments or vocals, the SM57 is a consistent choice of professional performers. It is also the standard microphone used on the podium of the US President for over 30 years. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers the world over.
Features:- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup.
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking.
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise.
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use.
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
Beta 52Perfect for the kick drum, the supercardioid Beta 52 derives its low-end punch and sonic presence from a carefully tailored frequency response. Equipped with its own pneumatic shock mount, the Beta 52 is additionally designed with an integral locking stand mount for quick-and-easy set up.
The Shure Beta 52 is a high output dynamic microphone with a tailored frequency response designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and "punch," and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels.
The Beta 52 features a modified supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range to insure high gain before feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound. A built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation, particularly if the microphone is to be placed inside a kick drum. The stand adapter keeps the microphone position fixed and resists slipping, even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations. A hardened steel mesh grille protects the Beta 52 from the abuse and wear associated with touring.
Features:- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments.
- Built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum.
- Studio-quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels.
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise.
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse.
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration.
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio output.
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance.
A56DA key element of the kit, Shure's A56D universal drum mounting system can be used to position microphones virtually anywhere--on drum rims, microphone stands, even cymbal stands. Designed with captive parts to prevent the loss of individual pieces, the A56D is small, secure, and can be used with any standard microphone, making it a great tool for both stage and studio environments.
Shure's innovative A56D Microphone Drum Mount sets the standard for versatility. Compact in design, the A56D can be used in a multitude of positions for accurate microphone placement. Live, or in the studio, this universal clamp can be mounted virtually anywhere, including drum rims and racks, microphone stands, and cymbal stands. This reduces the stage clutter that is associated with traditional mic stand set-ups, while promoting greater placement accuracy.
Designed with captive parts to prevent the loss of individual pieces, the A56D is small, secure, and sturdy, and can be used with any standard microphone, making it a great tool for both musicians and sound engineers.