Porter and Davies BC Gigster with TopThe BC Gigster is made from the same superior components as the BC2, and although it has slightly fewer features, it has identical power and performance, giving you great connectivity to your drum kit whilst playing and recording. The BC Gigster is a set 115V voltage system and features a single mic/line input socket. The mic input is via an XLR lead, whilst the line input is via a standard 1/4" jack. The BC Gigster does not have switchable voltage or phantom power but will accept phantom power from a mixing console if needed.
The BC Gigster offers unparalleled response speed (0% lag) and sensitivity, so will faithfully replicate all of your playing dynamics: It will respond to long notes (beater off) as well as short notes (beater on), depending on drum dampening, tuning, and playing style.
Full control of power and intensity immediately at your side. The system is 100% consistent, night after night, completely irrelevant of acoustics, stage volume, room size, etc. The BC Gigster units are incredibly compact and efficient. As well as the bass drum, you can also feed in toms, snare drum, and even bass guitar. The sensitivity and response are so accurate that even ghosted double stroke snare rolls are represented.
This package includes the Porter & Davies exclusive double braced, low throne base. It can accommodate a variety of height needs. Its rugged construction is the perfect partner for Porter & Davies throne tops. Born out of a combination of necessity and ingenuity, the BC systems by Porter & Davies are a small, highly portable and tough solution to an age-old problem. Lack of low end. The answer is a device that you are in control of, that delivers the weight and power and the sound of; the bass drum and low end of instruments without the external volume.
It is literally designed as a "plug in and play" and is astounding with both acoustic & electronic players.
The BC amplifiers allow you to feel, experience and hear low end like you never felt it before. It consists of a patented throne top or plate, with the finest Tactile Generator mounted internally, coupled to a flight-cased electronics "Engine" pack. The system delivers powerful and nuanced reproduction, transmitted through bone conduction.
Most of the sound we hear reaches our ears via airborne vibrations, like those produced by acoustic instruments and loudspeakers. However, there are four additional pathways through which we perceive acoustic energy, all of which fall into the category of tactile sound. These additional pathways include:
- Deep tissue and muscle mass (Kinesthetic)
- Skeletal joints (Haptic)
- Skin sensation (sense of touch)
- Bone conduction (skull to cochlea transmission)
To capitalize on these additional means by which we perceive acoustic energy, Tactile Sound Transducers have been designed to send high-quality audio to the listener/player in the form of vibrations over a full range of tactile audio frequencies. When attached to a resonant surface, the transducer reacts with precision and directness to the signal it receives.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Porter and Davies products.
- Dimensions: 34 x 16 x 10cm
- Weight: 3.4Kg
- Cables supplied as standard: 2M Speakon NL4 throne link cable. Twin Axial, 140 x 0.15mm, OFC.
- Power requirement: 230vAC (115vAC [USA etc] ), 200W peak.
- Input: Self-selecting combination XLR/JACK input.
- Mic in: 600 ohm electronically balanced P2 hot XLRF
- Line in: 10K ohm unbalanced tip: hot
- Mic out: Hardwired parallel to mic in. XLRM balanced P2 hot
- Line out: Hardwired parallel to line in. XLRM unbalanced P2 hot
- Input gain:
- Mic: 0dB to +60dB
- Line: -20dB to +40dB
- Low Contour: +/- 12dB @ 55Hz shelving
- Signal Present indicator led, green: -30dB
- Signal Peak indicator led, yellow: 0dB
- Signal Limit indicator led, red: +12dB
- Max output: 150W RMS / 4ohm 0.05%THD 20hz-18khz +/- 2dB.
- Protection: Anti-thump and noiseless dynamic load protection circuitry built-in.
- Round Throne Top:
- 40 x 40 x 24cms deep
- Weight: 5.7Kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):