The Peavey 6505 Guitar Amplifier Half Stack packages a Peavey 6505 Guitar Amplifier Head with the Peavey 412 Slant Cabinet.
A Classic Amp, Updated
The Peavey 6505 amplifier has a single input (with High Gain and Low Gain ins) that is switchable between two independent channels, either via the front panel or a single tap of the included footswitch. The 6505 pays a tribute to the classic Peavey amps of the '60s and '70s in a hot and heavy way: it boasts 5 x 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 x 6L6GC power amp tubes, both specially designed to deliver overtone rich signal breakup in an overdriven state. This means that the amp itself is a tonal palette in its own right. The front control panel has a bank of highly musical controls that allow you to dial in tones from clean to crispy and back again. Bright and Crunch switches add further tonal possibilities.
Pair a Great Amp With a Classic Cabinet
The Peavey 6505 412 Slant Cabinet is the other half of a great legacy in hard rock and heavy metal music. Its 4 x 12-inch Sheffield speakers are custom made and built to handle 120 watts of power with ease and sparkle. More specifically, they were designed to handle the output of the 6505 amplifier head. That means they were built to get loud. And they start to sound their best once the tubes start to cook! The cabinet is ruggedly built, weighs it at under 90 pounds, and comes with heavy duty casters making it easy to transport.
Extremely Rich Tone Controls
Controls on the 6505 head's front panel include Presence and Resonance, which allow you to tailor the depth and color of your sound with a great degree of range. There is also an exceptionally musical three-band EQ that helps you not only achieve a good frequency balance, but explore new tonal characteristics entirely. Each channel also is switchable between Pre Gain and Post Gain outputs. The 6505 also has an effects loop and preamp output, which is very useful when you want to record its unique tonal properties in a studio situation.
Loud -- Very, Very Loud!
The Peavey 6505 has a formidable output of 120 watts RMS into 16, 8 or 4 ohm cabinets (it runs to the 6505 Slant Cabinet at 16 ohms). Even for a 120 watt amplifier, the Peavey 6505 is a notably loud amplifier. For all its barking power, the 6505 weighs in just under 50 pounds and is manageable for transport, and definitely built ruggedly enough for a lifetime of gigging. It is proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Combines Peavey 6505 Guitar Amplifier Head with the Peavey 412 Slant Cabinet
- Cabinet has 4 x 12-inch Sheffield speakers (16 ohms)
- Amp is 20 Watts RMS switchable into 16, 8, or 4 ohms
- 5 x 12AX7 preamp and 4 x 6L6GC power amp tubes
- Footswitch included
- Footswitchable lead/rhythm channel select and FX loop
- 3-band EQ
- Resonance and Presence knobs on each channel
- Rhythm channel Pre-/Post-Gain controls
- Bright and Crunch switches
- Lead channel Pre-/Post-Gain controls
- Preamp output
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Peavey proudly introduces its 6505 Series guitar amplifiers, named in celebration of Peavey's first 40 years, 1965 to 2005. The 6505 is also the relaunch of the 5150 Series, the immensely popular amplifiers Peavey designed with Edward Van Halen.
6505 Series amps feature 5 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 6L6GC power amp tubes, with presence and resonance controls and 3-band EQ for taming their notorious tone. While known as the 5150, these amps became the undisputed go-to guitar amps for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands due to their raw tone, relentless power and road-proven reliability. The 6505 is still the unquestionable choice for an ever-expanding list of endorsers, including 3 Doors Down, Ted Nugent, Atreyu, Steve Morse, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Visqueen, God Forbid, HIMSA, Darkest Hour, Sworn Enemy, Unearth and many more.
6505 Amp Features:
- 120 watts (rms) into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
- 5 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 6L6GC power amp tubes
- High and low gain inputs
- 2-channel preamp switchable on front panel or remote footswitch
- Rhythm channel: pre-/post-gain, bright and crunch switches
- Lead channel: pre-/post-gain
- Channels share 3-band EQ
- Presence and resonance controls
- Switchable post-EQ effects loop
- Preamp output
- Footswitch included
6505 412 Cabinet Features:
- 4 Sheffield 1200 12-inch speakers
- 16 ohms
- Locking (XLR) or standard 1/4-inch inputs
- 300 watts (rms) closed-back cabinet
- Closed-back cabinet with high-density plywood construction
- Recessed handles
- Heavy-duty casters