The Martin D-28 is an absolute classic American dreadnought. Known for its clarity and projection, the D-28 radiates with the same brilliant tones that have endeared Martin guitars to players for generations. Finely crafted by the Martin luthiers in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, everything about the D-28 makes a statement of extraordinary quality and tonal excellence.
Unmistakable Martin SoundSince 1833, Martin has built guitars of remarkable quality and sound. The dreadnought -- one of Martin's most significant innovations -- is legendary for its impeccable balance, clear projection, and robust tone. The D-28 uses rosewood for the back and sides to capture the classic Martin depth and definition. The solid spruce top gives a crispness to the high-end which rounds out the tonal picture. Though closely associated with bluegrass and folk styles of play, the bold sound and immersive character of the D-28 makes this a great choice for players in any genre.
A True Acoustic IconWhile lacking the ornamentation of some other high-end Martins, the D-28 still shines with the timeless appeal of a traditional dreadnought. The top sports a classy white rosette with elegant white binding to match. The back is made from two pieces of rosewood, and a striking checkered inlay runs down the middle where the pieces are joined. High-quality tuning machines adorn the headstock, as does the classic Martin & Co logo.
Features:- Classic Martin dreadnought shape
- Gorgeous rosewood back (two piece) and sides with solid spruce top
- Elegant rosette and white binding
- Traditional Martin bracing style for excellent focus of sound
- Handcrafted by Martin master luthiers in Nazareth, Pennsylvania
- Included hardshell case
- Martin limited lifetime warranty
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Martin products.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X"
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate:Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- Heelcap: White Boltaron
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-11/16"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 640 Molded
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 21 lbs