Create Vintage Modulation Effects with True Analog TonesIf you're going to recreate vintage-style effects like tremolos and rotary speakers, you might as well go the extra mile and get the footpedal with period-accurate components. Consider the Moog Minifooger MF Tremolo effect pedal. The MF Trem gives you the versatility to simulate a number of old-school modulation-based effects, and its pure analog insides generate tones that do justice to classic music.
Watch this demo from zZounds:
Pure Analog -- No Digital Fakery HereThe strength of all Minifooger pedals -- MF Trem included -- is that the insides are completely analog. Composed of dozens of components, each 100% analog, the MF Trem is unlike modern digital pedals which try to emulate analog circuits using cheaper digital components. This grants the MF Trem a tonal clarity that the digital knockoffs simply can't match.
Creative ControlThe MF Trem offers four large control knobs and a port for an expression pedal, so you'll have no trouble dialing in the tremolo effect you're looking for. You can use Speed to set the oscillation rate anywhere between 12 times a second to nearly half an oscillation per second, while Depth can be used to set the intensity of your wobble. You can adjust the balance of attack and decay to your modulation with the Shape knob or select which frequencies are modulated and which are passed with the Filter knob.
Add an Expression PedalYou're gonna need both hands on your guitar or bass. Attach your favorite external expression pedal to control the MF Tremolo's oscillation speed on-the-fly, allowing you to sweep between rapid chorus-like jitters and slow, deep, enveloping waves, without ever stopping to adjust a knob.
Features:- Tremolo footpedal with pure analog circuitry
- Designed based on a balanced modulator and a sub audio voltage controlled oscillator
- Low frequency oscillator speed ranges from 0.6 to 12 Hz with Shape 12 o'clock position
- Controls for Shape, Tone, Speed, and Depth
- Shape knob lets you select between balanced attack and decay, more attack, or more decay
- Tone knob acts as a bandpass filter for the effect, controlling which frequencies are manipulated and which are left unchanged
- Speed controls the rate of the effect, from slow and subtle to rapid and jittery
- Depth controls the amplitude of the oscillation, it will be subtle at low levels and quite pronounced at higher levels
- 1/4-inch expression pedal port lets you control the oscillation speed, allowing you to create swells and rotary-like effects with an external pedal (sold separately)
- True analog bypass
- Designed to work with guitars and basses
- 1/4-inch input and output
- Powered via 9V battery or with optional 9V power adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged cast aluminum enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Moog Music products.
- SIGNAL PATH: 100% Analog
- BYPASS TYPE: True bypass
- POWER: +9VDC
- WEIGHT: 18oz (0.5kg)
- ENCLOSURE: Cast aluminum
- DIMENSIONS: D=5.75" (14.4 cm) W=3.25" (8.3 cm) H=2.25" (5.8 cm)
- LFO SPEED: 0.6Hz to 12Hz, with Shape in Mid-position
- TONE CONTROL: 165 Hz - 20KHz Lowpass Filter 6dB/Octave (wet signal only)
- EXPRESSION: Controls Speed (Max Input level +5VDC)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 1 MegaOhm
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 200 Ohm Max
- CURRENT: 11mA
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 828-251-0090
Product DescriptionThe Moog Minifooger MF Tremolo is an analog tremolo pedal based around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This unique design creates a wide range of tremolo effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Create classic optical and hard tremolo effects that are reactive to harmonic content, or push up the depth control and shift into the beginnings of lush phasing and chorus. The variable Shape control interacts directly with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. An expression pedal input adds control over tremolo Speed for beautiful, hands-free swells and rotary effects.
Sweeps between modulation wave shapes. Center position has a smooth rise and fall. This is great for creating optical tremolo sounds. Hard right has a hard impact followed by a smooth decline. This creates abrupt and percussive behavior that is very musical when paired with the Tone knob. Hard left has a smooth lift and abrupt drop off which creates a sound similar to a reverse effect at slower speeds and a rotary speaker at higher speeds.
Sets the overall Tremolo rate. At slower settings the sound is swirling, lush, and transformative. As the Speed is increased the sound becomes tighter and more like a rotary speaker. The Shape and Depth controls will directly affect the perceived speed and rhythm of your Tremolo as they are increased from minimum to maximum position.
At minimum the tremolo effect is subtle and mostly dry. As Depth is increased more tremolo effect is blended in the mix causing phase cancellation and addition effects. At center position the sound will begin to gallop and swing. This impact on the sound varies significantly depending on Speed. At maximum position, the tremolo speed doubles and all sound is sent through the Tone control.
This control affects the Tremolo signal only leaving the dry signal untouched. At maximum, all frequencies are affected by the tremolo. As the Tone control position is decreased, the effect of the tremolo becomes more-subtle. From the mid position down, the Tone control can be used to dial in sounds that impact only low frequencies in your instrument or to shape classic rotary swirl and phase-like sounds.
EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT
Assigned to Speed. Use it for swells and transitions between high and low settings.
Features:- True Bypass
- Shape control creates smooth, reversed, rotary, and percussive effects
- Tone control harmonically interacts the effected signal to create wide ranges of movement
- Reacts musically to playing dynamics, chord positioning and harmonic content
- Expression pedal control of Tremolo Speed for beautiful swells and rotary effects
- Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration