The Mackie SRM450v2 2-Way active PA speaker is a powerful and super-portable powered speaker from a company that always delivers great live sound reinforcement. The SRM450v2 was designed to go as far as possible with accurate sound reproduction in live settings, delivering a clarity and dynamic response that is normally only found in studio monitors. When absolutely excellent live sound is a must, the SRM450v2 speaker will serve well as a versatile front-of-house main, or as a personal monitor for musicians onstage.
400 Awesome Watts of Sound
The Mackie SRM450v2 is a true bi-amp design, delivering 400 watts of total output, with 300 watts in the woofer and 100 watts in the tweeter. Featuring new powerful Class D Fast Recovery amplifiers, the SRM450v2s are ultra-efficient in their power usage, minimizing heat even at max output. It also means that they are built to last longer than most powered speakers -- maybe even longer than you will!
Speaker Design That Keeps Getting Better
The SRM v2 speakers in each SRM450v2 reflect some radical new design updates to the acclaimed SRM Series speakers that Mackie has been using for some time. The transducers themselves are also of a totally new design, with a 12-inch neodymium woofer sporting a 3-inch voice coil. The high-frequency tweeter is a heat-treated titanium compression driver that delivers startlingly accurate mids and highs.
Features for Excellent Sound and Dynamic Control
Each SRM450v2 has a single balanced XLR input and output. A Timed Turnoff switch allows the speakers to conserve power when there is no input signal. A Contour and Low Cut switch allows you to pad your sound as needed, along with a 40 dB Gain/Cut knob.
The SRM450v2 also utilizes Mackie's tried-and-true active amplifier design, so you can get a great sound without fussy knob tweaking. The active electronics on board function almost like a live sound engineer, monitoring every frequency with smooth zero-latency response, allowing you to plug and play effortlessly.
If you're using these in a live setting, chances are that you're going to be pushing these loudspeakers hard -- perhaps harder than you should! No fear, though: the SRM450v2 employs an well-calibrated limiter to eliminate distortion at peak levels. There's also an automatic sliding high-pass filter that gives you a little bit of extra power in the mids and lows when you need it.
More Portable Than Ever!
The SRM450v2s work in any position or situation. The speaker's interated pole mount cups and built-in M10 mounting points make it easy to put your SRM450v2 in the air, while its angled back corner makes it simple to set up as a monitor wedge. Weighing in at about 40 pounds, the v2 is about 11 pounds lighter than the original SRM450. The high-impact polypropylene cabinet also makes these powered loudspeakers about as a durable as they come.
- 400W of ultra-efficient Class D Fast Recovery amplification
- 12-inch high-precision woofer
- 1.75-inch compression driver
- Precision 2-way crossover
- Active onboard electronics for automatic EQ and level monitoring and adjustment
- 1 x XLR/TRS input
- 1 x XLR output
- LEDs for Present, Peak, Power ON, and Thermal monitoring
- Tough, impact-resistant polypropylene enclosure
- Integrated M10 mounting points
- Pole-mountable and floor wedge-able
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 55 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 4 5 Hz - 20 kHz
- Directivity Factor; Q (DI): 9 .95 (9.98), averaged 2 kHz to 10 kHz
- Maximum SPL Long-term @ 1m: 124 dB
- Maximum SPL Peak @ 1m: 127 dB
- Crossover: Linkwitz-Riley, 24 dB/octave @ 1600 Hz Audio
- Input Type: Balanced Differential
- Input Impedance: 20kOhms
- Input Protection: RFI and level protected
- Sensitivity: Line: +4 dBu (center detent) Mic: -36 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +22 dBu
- Low-Cut Frequency: 75 Hz, Second-order filter
- Acoustic Contour Equalization: Peaking +3 dB @ 100 Hz +3 dB @ 12 kHz
- Operating Temperature Range: -10 degrees C to 45 degrees C (14 degrees F to 113 degrees F) Power Amplifiers
Low-Frequency Power Amplifier:
- Rated Power: 300 watts*
- Rated THD: < 0.1%
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design: Class D, Parametric Servo Feedback
High-Frequency Power Amplifier:
- Rated Power: 100 watts*
- Rated THD: < 0.1%
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design: Conventional Class AB
Rated power is continuous RMS wattage into transducer's rated impedance @ 5 kHz for the HF amplifier and @ 500 Hz for the LF amplifier. Transducers
- Diameter: 12 in (300 mm)
- Voice Coil Diameter: 3.0 in (75 mm)
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 98 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Handling: 600 Watts, program
- Frequency Range: 45 Hz - 3 kHz
- Diaphragm Diameter: 1.75 in (44.5 mm)
- Diaphragm Material: Heat treated titanium
- Sensitivity (1W@1m): 106 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Handling: 100 watts, program
- Frequency Range: 1 kHz - 20 kHz
- Type: Conical and Exponential
- Mouth Size: 12 in (304.8 mm) (W) x 7 in (177.8 mm) (H)
- Throat Diameter: 1 in (25.4 mm)
- Horizontal Coverage: 90 degrees (1 kHz-20 kHz)
- Vertical Coverage: 45 degrees (2.8 kHz-20 kHz)Line Input Power
- US: 120 VAC, 60Hz
- Recommended Amperage Service: 2.5 ampsControl System Function
- Electronic Crossover
- Phase Alignment
- Parametric EqualizationSafety Features
- Over-Excursion Protection: Second-Order High-Pass Filter
- Thermal Protection: Amplifier shutdown, auto-reset
- Low-Line Voltage Shut Down: 60% Nominal line
- Driver Protection: Independent LF and HF compressors
- Low-Frequency Roll-Off: Dynamic, signal-level dependentConstruction Features
- Basic Design: Asymmetrical Trapezoidal
- Enclosure Alignment: Sixth-Order
- Material: Polypropylene
- Finish: Midnight Blue, textured finish
- Handles: One on each side, one on top
- Integrated mounting points, M10
- Compatible with SPM200 Speaker Pole Mount or any 35MM speaker pole adapter.
- Two each located on each side, top, bottom, and rear of enclosure
Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
Display: LEDs Signal Present, Peak, Power ON, and ThermalPhysical Properties
- Height: 26.0 in (660 mm)
- Width: 15.4 in (390 mm)
- Depth: 14.8 in (376 mm)
- Weight: 40 lbs. (18 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 40 lbs
- Black, with On-Stage SS7761B Tripod Speaker Stand
- Shipping Weight: 48 lbs
- Black, Pair with two mic cables and Speaker Stand Pack
- Shipping Weight: 98 lbs
- Black, with Mackie SRM1801 Subwoofer and SPM200 Pole
- Shipping Weight: 143 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 800-898-3211
The Mackie SRM450 v2 delivers live sound that sounds like it should! The SRM450v2 Active loudspeaker combines superior quality with innovative technology to bring ultimate performance - and reliability - to Mackie's legendary Sound Reinforcement Monitor (SRM) series. The SRM450v2 retains the best of the original SRM design, including Mackie signature Active architecture and its renowned rugged durability. But with ultra-efficient switching power supplies, a lightweight neodymium woofer, an all-new compression driver and Class-D Fast Recovery amplification (300W LF/100W HF), the SRM450v2 packs way more power, clarity and punch. And its wide dispersion, outstanding bass extension and ultra-low distortion mean the SRM450 v2 delivers pure studio monitor fidelity at full-on loudspeaker levels. Thanks to the SRM450v2, live has never sounded so good.
Mackie SRM v2 Speakers
It started with the SRM Series. The first and only portable loudspeakers with Mackie Active electronics, the SRM Series delivered superior sound, performance, and affordability-and were a true breakthrough in live sound technology. They fast became the most popular and relied upon Active loudspeakers in the world, launching a full-on movement in live sound.
Now, thanks to the SRMv2 Series Portable Active Loudspeakers, live sound is being rocked by a new movement. Featuring new powerful Class-D Fast Recovery amplifiers, with an ultra-efficient, heat-minimizing switching power supply, the SRMv2 loudspeakers are made to be loud and stay cool -- even when driven at top volume, all night long. Plus, with all new transducers, including a neodymium woofer with 3-inch voice coil and heat-treated titanium compression driver, the SRMv2s deliver even more punch and clarity than the original SRM loudspeakers. Bringing whole new meaning to the word "portable," the SRMv2 loudspeakers are more lightweight than their predecessors.
- 2-way bi-amplified, optimized Active loudspeaker system
- High-output precision titanium compression driver
- Neodymium long-throw low frequency transducer with 3-inch voice coil
- Servo Feedback controlled woofer for tight low-end punch
- 300W class-D, Fast Recovery LF amp / 100W HF amp
- Ultra-wide, smooth dispersion via multi-cell horn aperture and HF waveguide
- Built-in phase-accurate 24dB Linkwitz-Riley electronic crossover
- Mackie Active Electronic time alignment, phase correction and EQ for studio quality sound
- Mic/line input and pass-thru connector
- Lightweight for ultimate portability (40 lbs)
- Flyable, Pole Mountable, Floor Wedge-able
The "SRM" Stands for Sound Reinforcement Monitor
Over a decade ago, Greg Mackie and a dedicated team of engineers set out to create a portable loudspeaker that could deliver studio monitor sound quality. Unlike a relatively small, acoustically controlled studio where the "sweet spot" is well defined, live venues vary greatly, and most are far from acoustically balanced. Despite the challenges, after two years of extensive research and development, the first Sound Reinforcement Monitor was born -- a loudspeaker that truly lived up to its name. The SRM450v2 continues the SRM450's tradition of studio monitor sound quality-and trumps it-to deliver sound that makes any venue seem like a well-tuned studio.
Undoubtedly you've been to a show where the sound is all over the map -- stand in front of the band, it sounds okay, but move a little to your left or right and all of a sudden you've got mud in your ears. When the SRM450v2 loudspeakers are on stage, no matter where you stand, you hear sound with impeccable stereo imaging, depth of field and definition -- at full-on loudspeaker levels. This is due to the SRM450v2's wide dispersion pattern, which is achieved through its multi-cell horn throat aperture. To those of you whose eyes just glazed over, let's just tell you what it does-the multi-cell horn throat aperture allows for much wider and more even dispersion of high and mid frequencies, so whether you're listening intently front and center, or playing it cool on the perimeter, you'll hear the same great mix.
Stunning Bass via Servo Feedback Controlled Neodymium Woofer
Many portable loudspeakers produce lows that lack substance-they just don't have it in 'em to give you that chest-pounding punch. But the SRM450v2 delivers astonishingly deep and defined bass frequencies. In fact, it outperforms the original SRM450, which was renowned for its ability to deliver real low-down sound. That's thanks to the SRM450v2's servo feedback technology combined with its all-new neodymium woofer and 3-inch voice coil.
Based on Mackie's award-winning HR824mk2 studio monitor technology, the servo feedback damping electronic circuit within the SRM450v2 locks the woofer in place with the positive and negative outputs of the amplifier. This creates a solid direct-coupling that allows the SRM450v2 to deliver extremely deep bass from a small cabinet. And the new neodymium woofer's magnet is lighter in mass, therefore faster than ceramics, giving the SRM450v2's bass more punch. The new longer 3-inch voice coil allows the woofer to handle heat more efficiently, so it produces a consistently full dynamic range -- even at maximum output. So you get full, thumping, detailed lows, even after long hours of use at near-peak volumes.
Super low distortion: Class-D, Fast Recovery Amplification
With its combination of Class D topology and Fast Recovery circuitry, the SRM450v2 operates with incredible efficiency, and delivers much more power and clarity. With this Class D Fast Recovery amplification, as Mackie has lovingly (and creatively) dubbed the technology, the SRM450v2 handles maximum volume -- and associated heat -- with ease, so there's no unwanted noise, and no thermal problems. Even after hours of sustained use at near-peak levels, your sound remains clean and your SRM450v2 keeps cool.
Legendary Active Electronics
In a passive loudspeaker setup, an external amplifier is connected to a passive crossover inside the speaker, which distributes frequencies to the transducers. Because power amps and transducers vary widely in sound and quality, trying to match the right power amp with the right speaker can be challenging, especially if you're not a professional acoustic technician -- or rolling in cash so you can hire one. Mackie's proven Active design does all the work for you. With the SRM450v2, you get a complete loudspeaker system, with complex electronics and carefully chosen components, all precisely tuned and tweaked to work together. The result is a loudspeaker with phenomenal sound quality and power, that's completely plug-and-play-no EQ needed.
Built-in Protection Circuitry for Long Life
Mackie knows that their Active loudspeakers are pushed hard -- often to, or beyond, the limit. That's why they have reliable protection circuitry built in to every one. The SRM450v2 employs a built-in limiter for less distortion at peak levels, and an automatic sliding high pass filter to give you that little bit extra volume when the crowd demands more. And thanks to the advanced technology of its power supply and Class-D amp topology, the SRM450v2 is greater than 90 percent efficient-more of the power from your outlet goes straight to the transducer, without the power supply and amp giving off loads of heat. Less heat means better performance, and longer life.
Versatile, Portable, Tough -- And They Look Good, Too
When designing the SRM450v2, Mackie considered every angle. From every angle is just how you can position it, too-pole-mount it from the bottom, fly it vertically or horizontally via its integrated M10 mounting points, or use it as a wedge monitor. With all this flexibility, it's the most versatile portable Active loudspeaker around. And now moving it into place is easier than ever. Weighing in at about 40 pounds -- 11 pounds lighter than the original SRM450 -- you'll have plenty of strength left over to play after loading in. Plus, the SRM450v2 retains its rugged, Mackie built-like-a-tank durability, thanks to the polypropylene cabinet -- now in a tasty hue of Midnight Blue. So not only do you get a portable loudspeaker that sounds phenomenal, you get one that's tough and portable for the road, and handsome enough for the show.