Line 6 JTV89 James Tyler Variax Guitar
Sixty years ago, modern music was transformed by the advent of the electric guitar. This revolutionary instrument proved to be incredibly expressive, and allowed players to connect to their music and their audiences in powerful ways. As music evolved, traditional electric guitars clung to the past - but others provided broader palates of sounds.
In 2002, Line 6 launched Variax modeling guitars. These groundbreaking instruments offered guitarists an unprecedented range of tones based on the most desirable electric and acoustic guitars on the planet. To develop this evolution of Variax guitars, Line 6 partnered with legendary luthier James Tyler to craft an exceptional instrument and the perfect delivery system for Variax technology.
Sean Halley demos the incredible versatility of the James Tyler Variax series:
Line 6 JTV89 James Tyler Variax: Award-winning Variax guitar modeling technology
Line 6 set the goal posts for digital guitar modeling, and this evolution of this technology gives the James Tyler Variax JTV 89 unprecedented tone-crafting potential.
At a twist of its Model knob, JTV 89 transforms its tone with 25 award-winning electric and acoustic guitar models, giving you a virtual guitar collection to rival the gear rack of any top studio. Tap a vintage dreadnought acoustic for the intro, a humbucker-loaded crunch machine for the verses, and a sweet vintage singlecut neck tone for your solo, all in the space of a single song, and without missing a beat.
At a twist of its Tuning knob, JTV 89 can achieve the sludgiest de-tunings without sacrificing string tension or playability. In a split second you're playing in Standard E-flat, Drop D, Drop C, or any other tuning you want, up or down.
Each guitar model offers nuance-perfect tone inspired by the most desired vintage acoustic and electric guitars, and it does so with more accuracy and tonal purity than ever before (thanks to the sensitive and more reliable L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex (polyphonic) piezo pickups loaded into the bridge saddles of JTV 89).
25 guitar models based on
- 1960 Fender Telecaster Custom
- 1968 Fender Telecaster
- 1968 Fender Telecaster Thinline
- 1959 Fender Stratocaster
- 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard
- 1952 Gibson Les Paul "Goldtop"
- 1961 Gibson Les Paul Custom (3 PU)
- 1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior
- 1976 Gibson Firebird V
- 1955 Gibson Les Paul Special
- 1959 Gretsch 6120
- 1956 Gretsch Silver Jet
- 1968 Rickenbacker 360
- 1966 Rickenbacker 360-12
- 1961 Gibson ES-335
- 1967 Epiphone Casino
- 1957 Gibson ES-175
- 1953 Gibson Super 400
- 1959 Martin D-28
- 1970 Martin D 12-28
- 1967 Martin O-18
- 1966 Guild F212
- 1995 Gibson J-200
- 1935 Dobro Alumilite
- Danelectro 3021
- Coral/Dano Electric Sitar
- Gibson Mastertone Banjo
- 1928 National Style 2 "Tricone"
Line 6 JTV89 James Tyler Variax: Top-flight guitar design
Designed from the ground up by James Tyler, one of the world's foremost luthiers, and manufactured in one of the world's best-respected guitar plants, JTV 89 is a cutting-edge performance tool.
Styled as a contemporary shred-machine for the player seeking optimum speed and power, JTV 89 is made with a solid mahogany body and 3-piece maple neck with reversed 6-in-line headstock, super-slick Tyler Fast n' Flat profile, and a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with 25-1/2" scale length.
Translating this tonal powerhouse is a pair of custom alnico humbucking pickups, designed along the lines of vintage PAFs but with higher outputs for added sizzle and sustain. Together, these details add up to kicking lows, sweet highs, and plenty of punch in the midrange.
Round it all out with a unique Tyler-designed fully adjustable wraparound bridge that redefines resonant coupling between strings and body (in black nickel, naturally).
Line 6 Variax technology
- 25 award-winning Variax guitar models inspired by classic vintage electric and acoustic guitars
- 11 programmable alternate tunings featuring the Virtual Capo system on a dedicated knob
- Polyphonic L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system for reliability
- Variax Workbench Software allows each model to be customized to your unique taste (Mac/PC)
- VDI (Variax Digital Interface) connection to Line 6 POD xt, POD X3, or Vetta II guitar amplifier, enabling dual channel processing and guitar model selection integration with POD presets
- Includes one Li-Ion battery for 12 hours of play time, and international wall-socket charger, and Variax Workbench USB adaptor
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Line 6 products.