The most compact model in the hugely popular Rokit series of monitors, the KRK RP5 G3 Rokit 5 Generation 3 studio monitor is an excellent 2-way powered speaker from a company with a long-standing reputation for audio design and innovation. The RP5 G3 pushes 50 watts through a 5-inch woofer and a 1-inch soft dome tweeter. The monitor has a frequency response of 45 Hz - 30 kHz and an impressive Max Peak SPL of 106 dB.
The Coolest-Looking Speakers on the Market?
The 5-inch woofer in the RP5 G3 is an Aramid glass composite woofer with KRK's trademark yellow covering. It handles 30 watts of the total output. The 1-inch woofer is of a soft dome design and channels the other 20 watts.
The rear of the RP5 G3 has a 1/4-inch balanced TRS input, and a balanced XLR. There is also an unbalanced RCA input.
Tweak The Speakers To Wherever You Go
There are separate High Frequency and Low Frequency level adjustment knobs on the rear of the speaker, which allow you to pad each the drivers with an additional +/- 2dB. This is especially useful for making fine-tune adjustments to your sound based on the characteristics of the room where you have the plugged in. A System Volume knob allows you to pad the master signal up an additional +6 dB or drop -30 dB as needed.
Thoughtful and Solid Construction
The Rokit Generation 3 speakers are made from medium-density fiberboard material covered in black vinyl wrap. They are crafted from a custom composite that ensures a clear and strong forward throw with no cabinet sound coloring the mix. They are also durable and will transport easily if you need to move your listening station from place to place.
What Makes Rokits the Home Studio Standard?
Overall, the Rokit Generation 3 powered speakers were designed to provide peerless clarity on midrange and vocals while delivering substantially extended bass response. The class A/B amplifier is a totally proprietary design. No less unique is the waveguide design, which ensures detailed sound imaging. The front-firing bass port was designed to reduce boundary coupling so that positioning the monitors in unpredictable rooms would be achievable with far less diffraction distortion. A factory-installed foam pad keeps the speaker and the resting surface isolated from one another, to eliminate cross-resonance that muddies the sound.
- 5-inch Aramid Glass Composite woofer
- 1-inch soft dome tweeter
- Class A-B amplifier
- 1 x 1/4-inch balanced TRS input
- 1 x balanced XLR
- 1 x unbalanced RCA
- +/- 2 dB High Frequency and Low Frequency level adjustment knobs
Part of the third generation of KRK's ubiquitous Rokit line of studio monitors, RP5 G3 speakers have been receiving excellent reviews since their release -- and you'll understand why the first time you plug them in!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Configuration: 2-Way
- System type: Active Monitor
- HF Transducer: 1" soft-dome tweeter
- LF Transducer: 5" Aramid glass composite woofer
- Freq. Range (-10dB): 45Hz - 35kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.6kHz
- Total Power: 50 Watts
- HF Power: 20 Watts
- LF Power: 30 Watts
- Peak SPL: 106 dB
- Auto-Standby: 30 minutes
- Cabinet Material: MDF
- Connectors: Unbalanced 7k Ohm RCA, Balanced 10kOhm 1/4" TRS and XLR. Pin 2 & Tip = Hot\Positive, Pin 3 & Ring = Cold\Negative, Pin 1 & Sleeve = Ground
- Controls: HF Level Adjust (-2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB) LF Level Adjust (-2dB, -1dB, 0, +2dB) System Volume (30dB to +6dB)
- Product Dimensions (D x W x H): 9.7" x 7.4" x 11.2" (246x188x284mm)
- Product Net Weight: 13.0 Lbs. (5.9 kg.)
- Fuse Rating: Slow Blow type, 5mm x 20mm
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Black, Single Speaker
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs
- White, Single Speaker
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs
KRK products are warrantied for a period of one year for mechanical defects and three years for defects in amplification.
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 1-800-444-2766
For a quarter of a century KRK has been the professional's choice for mixing and mastering hit records around the globe. And KRK's ROKIT studio monitors have been the most popular choice for accurate monitoring, selling one million systems over the years. Now KRK introduces the ROKIT 5 Generation 3, continuing the legacy of performance ROKITs have become known for. So whether you're just starting out in desktop recording, or you've already laid down a few thousand tracks, give a listen to the ROKIT Generation 3 line of monitors and experience a standard in performance and accuracy that raises the bar once again.
- Soft-dome tweeter provides clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- Proprietary waveguide technology optimized for superior stereo imaging
- Lightweight, glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering maximum headroom with minimal distortion
- Low and high frequency adjustment gives you unprecedented voicing control for optimal room acoustics and mix translation
Bi-Amped, class A/B Amplifier:
- Offering users larger headroom
- Higher performance at lower distortion
- Dramatically decreased noise floor of the complete System
- Provides pristine clarity
- Extended response up to 30 kHz
LOW FREQUENCY Adjustment control:
- Allows user to boost or cut the bass to compensate for different studio environments
- Tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics