The KRK R6 is the passive version of the industry standard Generation 2 RoKit Studio Monitor Series from KRK Systems. For years, the RoKit series has been a popular choice for accurate monitoring in studios large and small. Now, the R6 provides a standard in passive monitoring with better performance and accuracy, raising the bar once again. Considering KRK has always been the standard, this is a lofty claim. But with the R6, you will hear the truth.
Don't Be Square, Curves Ahead
Our R6 has radically curved surfaces for a reason: it sounds better. Traditional rectangular speakers suffer from diffraction as sounds leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the sound field causing phase distortion. The R6 virtually eliminates diffraction and provides a wider sweet spot because of its radically engineered curved surfaces.
Let's Be Up Front
Take a look at competitive monitors and you'll find ports on the back of the cabinet. These rear-firing ports tend to create bass coupling with walls and corners, amplifying low frequency information which will color your mix. The superior design of the KRK R6 includes front-firing ports, which are just the right shape to reduce port turbulence. You'll appreciate the clean and accurate bass performance this approach delivers, even at high SPLs.
Even More Accurate than Before
We took a great monitor series and made it better. Our engineers and listening panel took the Generation 2 RoKit's speaker voicing to even greater levels of accuracy. With the R6 what you hear is what you need to hear, without coloration or artificial emphasis. This performance is delivered by drivers that are custom-designed by their world-class studio monitor engineering team, for clear, low-distortion performance.
Catch A Wave, for a 3D Mix
Our recessed tweeters may look the same as others, but they don't perform the same. Our careful design of dome and waveguide geometry coupled to the curved front baffle are optimized for on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot.
Team the R6 up with your favorite power amplifier and enjoy clarity and accuracy in your project, home or professional studio. The R6 is also perfect for home theater, audiophile or other critical listening applications where pure and detailed audio reproduction is desired.
Our Focus. Your Mix. Brought to you by the R6 and KRK Systems.
- 1" Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter
- Glass Aramid Composite Cone Woofer
- Radically curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing port provides low freq extension without boundary coupling
- High Frequency Waveguide design provides amazing detail and on and off-axis imaging
- Precision 2-way crossover delivers accurate frequency transition between woofer and tweeter
- Peak SPL : 107dB
- Frequency Response 49 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-2 dB
*Ratings based on continuous power specifications
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Tweeter: 1" Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter with Ferro Fluid
- Drivers: 6" Glass Aramid Composite Woofer
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 87 dB @ 1M/1W
- Frequency Response: 49 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-2 dB
- Video Shielding: Yes
- Power Handling (IEC): 100 W
- Distortion: <1% 1 W
- Crossover: 2.5 kHz, 2nd order
- Amplification: 50-150 W (8 Ohms)
- Input Connections: 5-Way Gold Plated Binding Posts
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 12 11/16" x 8 7/8" x 10 1/2" / 31.1 cm x 22.5 cm x 26.6 cm
- Weight: 15.5 lbs / 7 kg