Korg has upped the ante with the Nano 2 series -- an ultra-portable family of slim-line plug-and-play USB controllers. With the nanoKEY2 USB Keyboard Controller, you get a complete 25-note keyboard that's about the size of the keyboard on your laptop. It connects with your computer, iPad, or any other MIDI-compatible device -- the perfect portable controller for software synths and more.
Back To Basics
Powered by USB, the nanoKEY2 offers everything you need to play keys on your favorite soft synth. It has a two-octave keyboard with controls to shift the octave up or down. There's a sustain button, so you can hold a note with sustain just as you would with a foot pedal on a piano, and buttons for pitch and modulation control are provided as well. And, it's compact to enough to squeeze just about anywhere you'd like to place it -- whether it be on stage or even in your laptop sleeve.
With the nanoKEY2, Korg adds the power of MIDI connectivity with Apple iPad's via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. Once connected, you can use the nanoKEY2's keyboard to control a virtual instrument or soft synth running on your iPad.
Choose Your Velocity Curve
Load Korg's free Korg Kontrol Editor software and connect your nanoKEY2 to customize your controller's velocity response. With your choice of three velocity curves or fixed velocity, you can adjust the keyboard to your hard or soft touch. You can also specify the control change messages transmitted by the Modulation button and the Sustain button. Who says a flexible MIDI controller has to be huge?
- Low-profile plug-and-play USB keyboard controller
- 25 velocity-sensitive keys
- Octave up/down, pitch up/down, sustain, and modulation controls
- Mini USB port
- Powered via USB only
- USB cable and software bundled included
- Bundled software: Korg's M1 LE software synthesizer, Toontrack's EZDrummer Lite drum sound module, Applied Acoustic Systems' Lounge Lizard Session electric piano sound module, Applied Acoustic Systems' Ultra Analog Session software synthesizer, Applied Acoustic Systems' Strum Acoustic Session acoustic sound module, and a discount coupon for Ableton Live, Live Suite, or Live LE
- Highly portable -- weighs less than 1 pound
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Keyboard: 25-key with velocity and 4 velocity curves
- Pitch up/down buttons
- Octave Shift up/down buttons with -4 to +4 octave range
- Modulation button
- Sustain button
- Corresponding Software:
Host applications corresponding to MIDI input
USB bus power
- Power Consumption:
USB bus power less than 100 mA
Size (W x D x H) 12.80 x 3.27 x 0.65 inches
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X or Apple Macintosh with PowerPC supportedWindows:
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32bit, 64bit), Microsoft Windows7 (32bit, 64bit)
- Supported Computer: Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows XP/ Vista/7 (Intel USB chipset recommended)
- OS 4.2.1 or later and the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
* This product uses applied technology from ART Teknika's CONSOLE.
* Mac, the Mac logo and the Audio Units logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* The "Built for Mac OS X" graphic is trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., used under license.
* Windows XP/Vista/7 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
* All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
The Korg nanoKEY2 features an advanced and up-to-date design. By combining the great-feeling "touch" that Korg has developed for its professional MIDI keyboards and the low-profile "thinness" of recent computer keyboard innovations, the Korg nanoKEY2 provides a superior keyboard response for its class and size. It's designed with ample key width and plenty of space between the keys, reducing the chances of a wrong note. The touch and velocity response have been carefully tuned, as only a manufacturer with Korg's track record and know-how can, ensuring that your expressive performance will be conveyed accurately to your software.
Control buttons provide simple yet versatile control
The Octave Shift buttons - borrowed from Korg's MIDI controllers - allow the overall pitch to be shifted four levels, either Up or Down, in octave increments. For enhanced performances, the Korg nanoKEY2 also provides Pitch Bend buttons, a Modulation button, and a Sustain button - one that's indispensable for piano or electric piano performance. For each of these buttons, the on/off switching speed can be specified over four levels (using the Korg Kontrol Editor), ensuring the smooth changes that are appropriate for your performance.
Korg Kontrol Editor software
The Korg nanoKEY2 works with the "Korg Kontrol Editor" software - available free on the Korg website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. Choose from a total of four velocity settings: three velocity curves or fixed velocity; specify the control change messages transmitted by the modulation button and the sustain button.
USB power for an uncluttered setup
Just connect a single USB cable from your computer to the nanoKEY2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
Announcing the nanoSERIES2; three compact and convenient USB-MIDI controller models offering serious features for the computer-based musician
Slim-line controllers combining cutting-edge design and technology
Each of the nanoSERIES2 of ultra-compact and low-profile USB-MIDI controllers will fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer or desktop keyboard, offering impressive control while conserving valuable set-up space. Simply connect a single USB cable, and you've got a music production studio on your desk at home or on the go.
An ideal companion for the microKEY
The nanoSERIES2 controllers are the ideal companions for the 37-note, natural-touch Korg microKEY. The latter's dual USB hub ports allow any two nanoSERIES2 controllers to be connected directly to the microKEY to create a customized, expanding control center for any music production system.
Apple iPad Compatibility*
Enjoy nanoSERIES2 MIDI control of your iPad Music apps! Korg nanoSERIES2 controllers can now be used with the iPad via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, providing MIDI control using the Apple Core MIDI features. Apple iOS 4.2.1 is supported, and the app needs to support Core MIDI. If you are using multiple nanoSERIES2 controllers, or plan to use a single nanoSERIES2 for an extended period of time, please use a powered USB hub.
Play Today with the nanoSERIES2 Software License Bundle
Each nanoSERIES2 controller ships with the following software licenses and discount coupons so you can start making music right away.
1. M1 Le (license)
Included is a license for the "M1 Le"*, a limited edition of the M1 software synthesizer (included in the Korg Legacy Collection - Digital Edition) that brings to your computer the sounds of the ground-breaking M1 music workstation. (This software can be downloaded for use.)
2. EzDrummer Lite (license)
Included is a license for Toontrack's software drum sound module "EzDrummer Lite"*, giving you numerous high-quality drum sounds. (This software can be downloaded for use.) You'll be able to immediately start enjoying realistic drum sounds played from your nanoSERIES2.
*Please be aware that neither the software manufacturer nor Korg can provide support regarding the use of this software. For details on upgrading the demo software or purchasing the full version, please refer to www.toontrack.com or www.crypton.co.jp/prod/28301.
3. Ableton "Live" series (discount coupon included)
Included is a discount coupon* for Ableton's "Live," "Live Suite," and "Live LE" DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality.
* For details on this software, please refer to www.ableton.com or www.h-resolution.com.
4. Lounge Lizard Session (license)
Included is a license* for "Lounge Lizard Session," the physical modeling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds.
* For details on this software, please refer to www.applied-acoustics.com/loungelizardsession/overview or wwww.applied-acoustics.com/korg-microkey/.
- Low-profile, 25-key USB-MIDI keyboard, ideal for use with laptop and netbook computers
- Advanced-design keybed offers improved accuracy and velocity-sensitive keys.
- Sustain button - ideal for entering piano parts!