A Digital Piano That's As Advanced As It Is AffordableIncredible versatility and value are at your fingertips with the Kawai KDP90 digital piano. Loaded with realistic instrument sounds, an advanced hammer-action keyboard, Kawai's Grand Feel Pedal System, onboard lessons, and more, the 88-key KDP90 is a true workhorse piano -- and an elegant one at that -- suitable for the home, studio, and classroom.
Sonorous Sounds Driven by Harmonic Imaging Sound TechnologyWhen you hear the KDP90 in play, you'll say, "This is digital?" Thanks to Harmonic Imaging Sound Technology and 88-key piano sampling, the KDP90 offers a lush piano sound that's just as vibrant and natural as that of an acoustic grand piano. Kawai deep-sampled one of its own concert grands to preserve the tonal character of each note and put the samples to work on all 88 keys of this digital piano so that every note you play on the KDP90 sounds like it came from a concert grand piano.
If your music calls for some organs or strings, no problem -- the KDP90 provides a total of 15 instrument sounds, including organs, strings, choir, pads, and atmospheres to accommodate a variety of musical genres and playing styles. A handful of reverb types (Room, Small Hall, and Concert Hall) let you place your performance in a different room.
Exceptional KeyboardIts full-size Advanced Hammer Action IV (AHAIV-F) keyboard is comfortable and easy to play, with a springless design that provides the sensitivity you need to express yourself in even the most delicate musical passages.
The keyboard also goes above and beyond the needs of the single player when in 4-Hands mode, which divides the keyboard into two identical, 44-key pianos. Use this special mode to play duets, work on passages with your teacher (or your student, if you're the teacher) during lessons, and so forth.
Likewise, the KDP90 features convenient Dual and Split modes for further multitasking on the same keyboard. In Dual mode, you can layer two sounds at the same time, and in Split mode, you can play one sound on the left side of the keyboard and a totally different sound on the right -- for example, you could play strings on the left side and solo piano on the right side, for a shared stage-like effect.
When you're done practicing, keep the keys clean and dust-free with the piano's built-in sliding key cover.
192-Note Polyphony for Pristine Piano SoundThanks to 192-note maximum polyphony, you can layer sounds and play complicated musical passages without having to endure note drop-out. This digital piano will continue to sound great even while you pummel the keys with some Paganini or Rachmaninoff.
Grand Feel Pedal System at Your FeetKawai's Grand Feel Pedal System features three pedals -- soft, sostenuto, and damper (with half-damper capability) designed to reproduce the individual weighting of the damper, sostenuto and una corda pedals of the Kawai EX concert grand piano.
Essential Tools for Practicing and LearningWhen you need to make the most of your practice time, you'll enjoy using the KDP90's digital metronome, which has adjustable tempo and volume, plus seven different time signatures. You can capture song ideas, actively listen to your performances, and take musical snapshots of yourself playing, with the KDP90's built-in one-track recorder capable of recording three songs.
Moreover, lesson songs made available from Alfred Publishing's first-year children's method book give beginning players a fun way to challenge themselves and improve their playing.
Digital ConveniencesKawai's CE220 offers two headphone jacks for private practice or listening, plus MIDI I/O for connecting the digital piano to other instruments and computers.
Features:- 88-Key digital piano ideal for players of all skill levels
- Harmonic Imaging Sound Technology and 88-Key piano sampling for a rich, realistic piano tone
- AHAIV-F Graded-hammer Action keyboard provides the feel of an acoustic piano
- 15 Instrument sounds ranging from electric pianos, organs, and strings to choir, pads, and atmospheres
- Reverb: Room, Small Hall, and Concert Hall
- Easy to use 1-track recorder capable of recording 3 songs
- Dual and Four-Hands modes for group lessons, duets, and more
- 192-Note polyphony ensures that you don't get note drop-out while playing complex passages
- Built-in Alfred piano lessons help you become a better piano player
- Grand Feel Pedal System with 3 pedals (soft, sostenuto, and damper) for expressive performances
- Sliding key cover protects the keyboard and keeps dust out
- Metronome with 7 beats
- Built-in stereo speaker system projects your performance to the back of the room
- MIDI I/O for connection to other instruments or external gear
- 2 Headphone jacks for quiet practice -- 1 for you and 1 for another player
- Classic, elegant styling ideal for any setting
The Kawai KDP90 digital piano offers rich piano tones, realistic instrument sounds, and great learning tools that you will actually use.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Kawai products.
- Keyboard: 88 Weighted Keys
- Action: Advanced Hammer Action IV-F (AHA IV-F)
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging (HI), 88-Key Piano Sampling
- Internal Sounds (15): Concert Grand, Concert Grand 2, Studio Grand, Modern Piano, Classic E.Piano, Modern E.Piano, Jazz Organ, Church Organ, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, String Ensemble, Slow String, Choir, New Age Pad, Atmosphere
- Max. Polyphony: 192
- Reverb: Room, Small Hall, Concert Hall
- Internal Recorder: 3 Song, 1-Track - 15000 Notes (approx.)
- Lesson Function: Alfred Basic 1A and 1B
- Metronome: Beat: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8 - Tempo: 10-300 bpm
- Demo Songs: 15 Songs
- Concert Magic: 40 Songs
- Keyboard Modes: Dual Mode (with adjustable volume balance), Four -Hands Mode
- Other Functions: Damper Resonance, Touch, Tuning, Transpose, Transmit Program Change Number, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi-timbral Mode
- Key Cover: Sliding Type
- Jacks: MIDI (IN/OUT), Headphones x 2
- Pedals: Damper (with Half-Pedal support), Sostenuto, Soft
- Speakers: 12 cm x 2
- Output Power: 13 W x 2
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 53.5 x 15.8 x 33.5 inches
- Weight: 83.6 lbs.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Kawai KDP90 Digital PianoKawai is one of the leading piano makers in the world today and they have used their extensive knowledge to design this magnificent instrument. The Kawai KDP90 stands above any other digital piano anywhere near this price range thanks to its incredible Harmonic Imaging Sound Technology, AHAIV-F Graded-hammer action, 15 fantastic instrument sounds and more. Kawai has designed the KDP90 to exceed the expectations of even the most discerning pianist.
ToneThe KDP90 utilizes Kawai's acclaimed Harmonic Imaging Sound Technology, featuring 88-key piano sampling, to create its impressive piano sound.
TouchThe feel of the KDP90 is outstanding, thanks to the Advanced Hammer Action IV (AHAIV-F), an 88-note, graded hammer action with superb feel and sensitivity.
Dual and 4-Hands ModesThe KDP90 has a Dual Mode in which two sounds are played at the same time. The unique 4-Hands Mode splits the keyboard into two identical 44-note pianos -- great for group piano lessons or for duets.
Sliding Key CoverThe KDP90 has built-in sliding key covers to protect the keyboard from dust and debris when the instrument is not in use.
Grand Feel Pedal SystemThe KDP90 features three pedals -- soft, sostenuto, and damper (with half-damper capability). The Grand Feel Pedal System reproduces the individual weighting of the damper, sostenuto and una corda pedals of the Kawai EX concert grand
MetronomeThe KDP90 offers a handy built-in digital metronome with a variety of time signatures and adjustable tempo -- perfect for practice.
Alfred Lesson SongsThe KDP90 features lesson songs from Alfred Publishing's most popular first-year children's method book.
Concert MagicThe KDP90 feature Kawai's exclusive Concert Magic, a unique way for anyone to enjoy the thrill of playing the piano, even if you've never played before!
JacksThe KDP90 comes with MIDI jacks useful for connecting with other musical instruments and computer, plus two headphone jacks that allow a teacher, parent or duet partner to listen in.
Features:- Harmonic Imaging Sound Technology
- 88-key Piano Sampling
- AHAIV-F Graded-hammer Action
- 15 exceptional instrument sounds
- Easy to use 3-Song built-in Recorder
- Dual and Four-Hands modes
- 192-Note Polyphony
- Built-in Alfred Piano Lessons
- Grand Feel Pedal System
- Sliding Key Cover
- Built-in Stereo Speaker System
- Rosewood Finish