To hit the lowest of the lows with unmatched clarity and precision, look no further than the PRX618S-XLF sub-woofer from JBL. Part of the stellar PRX600 series, the PRX618S-XLF pushes 1000 watts of low-end drive to fill any venue and rock any dance floor with a full compliment of sub-bass thump. From clubs and bars to rental companies and mobile DJs, the JBL PRX618S-XLF provides the low-end you need in an easy to use and dependable package.
Serious Bass, Simple Set-up
With an 18" woofer using JBL's signature Differential Drive technology, the PRX618S-XLF delivers clear and accurate bass extension for use in any live-sound situation. Reaching all the way down to 30 Hz at the low end of its frequency range, the PRX618S-XLF ventures where few subs dare with rich, clear tones. The two XLR/ -- ins and two XLR outs allow easy
configuration with any system. The M20 pole mount socket for satellite mounting along with a polarity reverse switch make integration with your set-up all the more seamless.
The JBL PRX 600 Series
The JBL PRX 600 series represents JBL's constant innovation in the world of powered PAs. Built to overcome common obstacles of sound reinforcement, the PRX600 series uses efficient Class D amplifier technology from Crown, limiter and crossover circuitry from DBX, and JBL's own signature drivers to create unparalleled sound quality and performance. All PRX 600 models are built and tested for durability with dense plywood construction and JBL's DuraFlex finish. With four speaker and two sub-woofer models to choose from, the JBL PRX600 series provides limitless options for outstanding powered PA configurations.
-1000 watts from a Crown Class-D amplifier with 133 dB max SPL for enormous bass drive.
-DSP input selection, selectable system EQ, and polarity reverse switch for enhanced
optimization in any set-up.
-XLR line 1/4" inputs with loop through outs to easily integrate into any system.
-Rugged DuraFlex coated plywood construction for durability you can trust.
-Top M20 socket for sub/satellite configuration with mains.
-Ergonomic rubber gripped handle bar.
-30Hz - 105 Hz (-10dB), 39Hz-93Hz (3 dB) frequency range to hit the lowest of the lows.
Durably built and rigorously optimized, the JBL PRX618S-XLF offers a full range of low-end drive unmatched in a self-powered sub-woofer. For bass addicts everywhere, the PRX618-XLF makes a great addition to live sound configurations where compromised low-end is not an option. When you feel dance floor shake and the room swell with deep bass tones, you'll be glad you added a PRX-618S-XLF to your system.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- System Type: Self powered 18 inch, bass-reflex
- Maximum SPL Output: 133 dB peak
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 30 Hz - 105 Hz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 39 Hz - 93 Hz
- Input Connectors: Balanced XLR 1/4 inch combo jack with XLR loop-through (stereo)
- Input Impedance: 20K ohms (balanced), 10K ohms (unbalanced)
- Signal indicators: Red LED indicates limiter active condition, Green LED indicates signal present
- Polarity: Normal or reverse polarity
- Crossover Modes: DSP controlled 48 dB/oct filter slope
- Crossover Frequency: 90 Hz
- Dynamic Control (Input): dbx Type IV limiter circuit
- Amplifier Design: Crown, Class D
- Power Rating: 1000 Watts (2 x 500)
- LF Driver: 460 mm (18 inch) Differential Drive dual voice-coil
- Magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, plywood
- Suspension/Mounting: M20 threaded pole socket on top
- Transport: 2 x injection molded handles with backing cup
- Finish: Obsidian DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated
- 16 gauge perforated steel
- Acoustically transparent black cloth backing
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 27.0 x 20.9 x 28.2 inches (685.8 x 530.9 x 716.3 mm)
- Weight: 81.5 lbs (37 kg)
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 800-852-5776
JBL's PRX618S-XLF to provide extended low frequency operation to your PA System. Designed and engineered to provide accurate sub bass with incredible power, the PRX618SXLF can be used as a single sub in a sub/sat system or in multiples as part of a scalable, large format sound reinforcement system with extreme efficiency and control.
The subs are stackable and light-weight ensuring quick set-ups and tear-downs. And due to their rugged construction are perfect for AV rental inventories. With a pole receptacle on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru this is the most powerful low-frequency complement to the PRX full-range systems. The addition of a polarity reverse option further enables system optimization.
- 1000 Watt Class-D, Crown digital amplifier with 133 db peak SPL
- 18 inch Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- DSP input section with dbx Type IV limiter circuit
- Crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization and selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and 1/4 inch Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Obsidian DuraFlex coated plywood construction
- Top panel M20 pole mount socket for sub/satellite configuration
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip
The PRX618SXLF is a high performance self-powered subwoofer system. The PRX618SXLF is comprised of a powerful 2268FF Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer driven by a 1000 Watt (dual 500 watt) Crown Class-D power amplifier. Dual-Bridge Technology directly links discrete amplifier channel outputs to each voice coil in the Differential Drive woofer. Electrical power transfer to the transducer is optimized for more power performance. A proprietary DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable cross-over functionality, polarity optimization, protection, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
The amplifier input panel offers stereo inputs with XLR or 1/4 inch jack compatibility. A user selectable crossover ensures a smooth transition to full-range system connected to the stereo outputs. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability.