The JBL PRX618S Subwoofer offers compact, powerful performance fitting an 18 inch subwoofer in an enclosure close to the size of a typical 15 inch sub. The perfect compliment to PRX600 full-range mains, the PRX618S utilizes a pole receptacle on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru, with selectable HP filter. Add a couple PRX612M or PRX615M powered loudspeakers and you get a highly transportable, high performance subs/satellite system. A polarity reverse options allows you to integrate this 18 inch sub with any set of tops.
- 600 Watt Class-D, Crown digital amplifier with 129db peak SPL
- 18 inch Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- Professional XLR line and 1/4 inch Mic/Instrument inputs
- Stereo input and Loop-Thru capability
- Top panel 36mm pole mount socket for sub/satellite configuration
- 16 Gauge, dent resistant grille
- Obsidian DuraFlex coated plywood construction
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip
The PRX618S is a high performance self powered compact subwoofer system. The PRX618S is comprised of a 268G, 460 mm (18 inch) Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer driven by a Crown Class-D power amplifier. The amplifier input panel offers stereo or mono line level inputs via balanced XLR connectors as well as a single channel speaker level input via a 1/4 inch TS phone jack. Signal processing, crossover functionality and limiting for the system is integrated into the input section functionality. Overall subwoofer input sensitivity is controlled by a single easy grip knob and a simple switch enables polarity reversal for sub/satellite system optimization. Signal present and limit lights indicate performance status.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
System Type: Self powered 18 inch, bass-reflex
Maximum SPL Output: 129 dB peak
Frequency Range (-10 dB): 41 Hz - 130 Hz
Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 50 Hz - 100 Hz
Input Connectors: Balanced XLR input with XLR loop-through (stereo)
- 1/4 inch speaker level input (Mono).
Input Impedance: 20K ohms (balanced)
- Overload: Red LED indicates input overload condition
- Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
Polarity: Normal or reverse polarity
Crossover Modes: Analog 24 dB/oct filter slope
Crossover Frequency: 120 Hz
Amplifier Design: Crown, Class D
Power Rating: 600 Watts
LF Driver: 268G 460 mm (18 inch) Differential Drive dual voice-coil
- Magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, plywood
Suspension/Mounting: 36 mm pole socket on top
Transport: 2 x injection molded handles with backing cup
Finish: Obsidian DuraFlex finish
Grille: Powder coated
- Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel
- Acoustically transparent black cloth backing.
Dimensions (HxWxD): 27.0 x 20.9 x 24.2 inches (685.8 x 530.9 x 614.7 mm)
Weight: 70.5 lbs (32 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 97 lbs