With 1000 watts and a rugged enclosure, the JBL PRX615M is a versatile powered speaker with enough oomph for any occasion. Perfect as mains for small and mid-sized venues and portable enough for the road, the PRX615M is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a big sound in a manageable package. For larger systems, the PRX615M serves as an outstanding floor monitor, and like the rest of the PRX600 series, has been designed by JBL to maximize sound quality and efficiency with an array of new features and advanced specifications. With all of this in a single lightweight enclosure, the JBL PRX615M strikes an amazing balance between performance and portability.
True Versatility in a Powerful Speaker
The PRX615M packs serious power with ample frequency range for use as mains in small and mid-sized venues. Weighing just 43.5 lbs each and built to withstand the pressure of the road, the PRX615M is ideal for mobile DJs and gigging performers who need portable gear they can trust. The monitor mode alters the frequency characteristics to better match the needs of on-stage monitoring, and the enclosure's asymmetrical design allows the PRX615M to be flipped on its side as a wedge. The combo XLR 1/4" input can accept direct signals from instruments and mics, and the loop through output allows for easy integration into a daisy-chain or any other multi-speaker system. With a standard pole-socket and eight M10 suspension points, the PRX615M can find a home in virtually any live sound set-up.
The JBL PRX 600 Series
The JBL PRX 600 series represents the latest in JBL's constant innovation in the world of powered PA. Built to overcome common obstacles of sound reinforcement, the PRX600 series uses efficient Class D amplifier technology from Crown, limiter and crossover circuitry from DBX, and JBL's own signature drivers to create unparalleled sound quality and performance. All PRX 600 models are built and tested for durability with dense plywood construction and JBL's DuraFlex finish. With four speaker and two sub-woofer models to choose from, the JBL PRX600 series provides limitless options for outstanding powered PA configurations.
- 1000 watts of Crown power through a 15" Differential Drive dual voice coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer and a 1.5" annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium magnet compression driver.
- Selectable frequency modes with 45 Hz - 19 kHz range for mains and 48 Hz - 20 kHz for monitors.
- Combination XLR-1/4" inputs to accept virtually any signal source.
- Loop through output for easy integration into any other multi-speaker system.
- 8 M10 Suspension points and 1 pullback point for installation and a 36 mm dual-angle socket for pole mounting.
- 43.5 lbs total weight with rubber gripped handlebar for real portability.
- Duraflex finish with 18 mm plywood construction for an enclosure to withstand the pressures of the road.
Like the rest of the JBL PRX600 series, the PRX615M delivers the power you need in a reliable and rugged speaker. With an array of features making this one of the most versatile powered speakers on the market, the PRX615M can find a home as monitor or a main, on the road or permanently installed. For true versatility and unquestioned quality, the JBL PRX615M is an excellent choice for your next powered PA speaker.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
System Type: Self powered 15 inch, two-way, bass-reflex
Maximum SPL Output:
- Full Range: 135 dB peak
- Monitor: 134 dB peak
Frequency Range (-10 dB):
- Full Range: 45 Hz - 19 kHz
- Monitor (vertical orientation): 55 Hz - 19 kHz
- Monitor (monitor orientation): 48 Hz - 20 kHz
Frequency Response (+/-3 dB):
- Full Range: 54 Hz - 18 kHz
- Monitor (vertical orientation): 75 Hz - 18.5 kHz
- Monitor (monitor orientation): 60 Hz - 18 kHz
Input Connectors: Balanced XLR-1/4 inch combo jack with XLR loop-through
Input Impedance: 20K ohms (balanced), 10K ohms (unbalanced)
- Limit: Red LED indicates limiter active condition
- Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
EQ: Presets for use in Main and Monitor position
Dynamic Control (Input): dbx Type IV limiter circuit
Crossover Modes: DSP controlled
- LF: 48 dB/Oct filter slope High & Low Pass;
- HF: 36 dB/Oct High Pass
Crossover Frequency: 1.8 kHz
Amplifier Design: Crown, Class D
Power Rating: 1000 Watts (2 x 500)
LF Driver: 1 x JBL 265F-1 380 mm (15 inches) Differential Drive dual voicecoil
- Magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
HF Driver: 1 x JBL 2408H 37.5 mm (1.5 inches) annular polymer diaphragm
- Neodymium compression driver
Coverage Pattern: 90 x 50 degrees nominal
Directivity Index (DI): 10.0 dB
Directivity Factor (Q): 10.0
Enclosure: Asymmetrical, 18 mm, plywood
- Dual 36 mm pole socket
- 8 x M10 Suspension Points
- 1 x M10 Pull-Back Point
Transport: Integrated handle with backing cup
Finish: Obsidian DuraFlex finish
Grille: Powder coated
- Obsidian16 gauge perforated steel
- Acoustically transparent black cloth backing
Dimensions (HxWxD): 26 x 16.9 x 16.3 inches (660 x 429 x 414 mm)
Weight: 43.5 lbs (19.7 kg)
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 800-852-5776
Offering the perfect balance between size and performance; the JBL PRX615 is small, lightweight, versatile and powerful. The asymmetrical design with outstanding performance makes this a perfect choice for musicians, entertainers and DJ's when portability is key. Convenient suspension points offer an additional option as an exceptional light-duty installation speaker.
- 1000 Watt Class-D, Crown digital amplifier with 135db peak SPL
- 15 inch Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 1.5 inch annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium magnet compression driver
- DSP input section with dbx Type IV limiter circuit
- Crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization and selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and 1/4 inch Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Integrated 36mm dual-angle pole mount socket
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip
- Eight M10 Suspension points and 1 pullback point
For applications requiring full bandwidth sound reproduction, the PRX615M delivers the optimum balance. For live music, recorded music playback and speech the user has the option of tailoring the EQ, 'flat' for speech intelligibility, and 'boost' for enhanced bass and crisp highs in recorded music playback. A microphone can be directly connected to the speaker input for quick PA applications. Coupled with a PRX600 sub-woofer the system becomes an efficient, full-range sound system.
The PRX615M is comprised of a 380 mm (15 inch) 265F Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer, a 2408H-1 37.5 mm (1.5 inch) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90 by 50 degree horn, all driven by 1000 watt (dual 500 watt) Crown Class-D power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or 1/4 inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.