With 450 watts through a 12" speaker, the JBL LSR4312SP studio subwoofer provides the perspective you need when mixing the rhythm section. Network with LSR4300 monitors, and you'll get the extra benefit of JBL room correction. Or connect this sub to any system -- it offers a full I/O complement with 6 balanced XLR, S/PDIF, and AES/EBU inputs.
Designed for integration into a JBL LSR43000-series monitoring system, this powered sub makes use of JBL's proprietary, DSP-powered networking and room acoustics calibration technologies for a sophisticated monitoring solution that doesn't take a dedicated acoustic engineer to set up.
See Into The Murky DepthsYou might think that the extreme low end of a mix is supposed to be felt more than heard, but that's because you're not using a high-resolution subwoofer. When you're tired of seeing your bass frequencies through a glass darkly, upgrade your monitoring system with this matching subwoofer. Adding dedicated low-frequency monitoring to your system lets you accurately and effectively sculpt the bottom of your mix in a way not otherwise possible. It's simply a must for the extended frequency range of today's high-definition digital music and entertainment systems; whether you're mixing for music, film and television, or gaming music, the LSR4312SP is a must for any JBL LSR43000-series monitoring setup.
Power And PrecisionBass frequencies require far more power to achieve comparable "loudness" to mid- and high-range frequencies. That's why the LSR4312SP boasts an impressive 450 watts. It may seem like overkill for a studio control room--that is, until you start mixing with it and you realize you never run out of headroom. In this case, power equals precision, as the internal 450-watt amplifier provides a distortion-free signal for focus and clarity. The LSR4312SP's power section is perfectly matched to its 12-inch, magnetically shielded, Neodymium woofer. Like the monitors in the LSR4300 series, this subwoofer was designed for use in today's digital production studios, and so features an array of analog (balanced XLR) and digital inputs (including AES/EBU and S/PDIF).
Puts The ".1" In "5.1"If you're not using a subwoofer in your surround sound mix setup, you're not really monitoring in surround. The ".1" in the 5.1 and 7.1 surround system designators refer to the dedicated low frequency channel in what are in actuality 6-channel and 8-channel systems, respectively. The only way to ensure that you're correctly hearing the low-end in a surround mix--meaning hearing it the way the end-listener will--is through the correct implementation of a sub-channel. The JBL LSR4312SP seamlessly integrates with the LSR4300-series DSP-networked monitors for push-button 5.1 and 7.1 setups. By communicating with a network of LSR4326P or LSR4328P monitors, the LSR4326P can be calibrated to your room via JBL's RMC room correction software (built into LSR4300-series monitors) and managed remotely from your computer. The LSR4312SP's DSP-powered networking makes for a guess-free system setup, which translates into an invaluable assurance that you'll be monitoring correctly through your surround sound monitoring system.
You've already made a sound investment in your JBL LSR4300-series monitoring system. Now realize that system's full potential with the LSR4312SP self-powered studio subwoofer.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of JBL products.
- Frequency Response: -6 dB: 27 Hz - 250 Hz
- SPL / 1m (Continuous/Peak): 116 dB / 125 dB
- Transducers: 12" model 432G; Self Shielded, Neodymium
- Sensitivity +4 dBU, -10 dBV: 94 dB / 1 m
Amplification: 450 w
- Digital Processing: 24 Bit, 96 kHz
- Analog Inputs: L, C, R, L
- Surround, R Surround, LFE: Six XLR , Two 1/4 in., Balanced, +4 dBU, -10 dBv, LFE +10 dB Gain
- Digital Inputs: AES/EBU XLR IN, OUT: S/PDIF RCA IN/OUT
- Data Connections: Harman HiQnet Network, USB
- Weight: 29.5 kg (66 lb)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 502 mm x 406 mm x 489 mm, 19.75 in x 16 in x 19.5 in
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 76 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-852-5776
Product DescriptionThe JBL LSR4312SP powered subwoofer provides powerful bass performance extending frequency response of the system into the 20Hz region. When networked with LSR4300 studio monitors, the LSR4312SP sub provides revolutionary capabilities including JBL RMC Room Mode Correction technology to ensure accurate mixes in any room.
Features- 450 eatts amplification; 12-inch low frequency transducer with magnetically-shielded Neodymium motor structure
- RMC Room Mode Correction system analyzes and automatically compensates for room modes that can give a misleading impression of low frequency content at the mix position*
- Six balanced XLR inputs with selectable +4dBU / -10 dBv sensitivity
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital plus analog LFE inputs
- Comprehensive Bass Management System for professional surround sound production*
- Harman HiQnet network protocol allows all settings to be controlled from the LSR4300 wireless remote control or LSR4300 Control Center software*
* When used in a system with LSR4328P or LSR4326P studio monitors