Pumping 500 watts through an 18" speaker, the JBL EON 518S provides ample low-end extension with all the reliability and quality of the EON line. Weighing in at a modest 65 lbs (29.5 kg), the 518S is a truly portable solution for mobile DJs, touring bands, and anyone else looking to expand their sound with a healthy dose of bass thump. The rear console is full of intuitive features for easy control and seamless integration into any system. Constructed and tested with the same rigor JBL brings to every product, the EON 518S is a sub you can trust to get the job done.
While most subs in this power range are geared towards installation, the ergonomic handles and manageable weight of the EON 518S means real portability. The compact casing is built to last with the same composite construction as the rest of the EON family and coated with JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish. At 500 watts continuous and 1000 watts peak, the EON 518S has the power you need to fill any venue, and the two XLR ins and outs and a high pass filter switch make set-up as easy as connecting your mixer and routing to your mains. With a speaker level input added for increased inputting options, the EON 518S is as versatile as it is banging.
The system uses an efficient Class D amplifier and JBL's patented neodymium magnet LF Differential Drive for low distortion and an extremely favorable weight to power ratio. Clear and precise bass tones are never muddied, and with a frequency range of 36 Hz - 130 Hz, even the lowest lows burst through clean and unhindered. Whether combining with other EON's for an efficient and portable PA, or integrating into a more stationary set-up, the JBL EON 518S is a sub you can trust to add that low-end kick to any system.
- 500 watts of precise bass power.
- True portability at 65 lbs (29.5kg).
- Compact and rugged enclosure for long lasting and reliable performance.
- Loop-through outputs for easy daisy-chaining and connectivity.
- 36 mm mount socket for sub/satellite mounting with mains.
- Ergonomic handles designed for easy lifting.
- High pass filter and polarity select switches to integrate into your system.
- XLR (2x) and 1/4" speaker line inputs for versatile set-up options.
- Low -frequency Differential Drive driver with neodymium magnet for low-distortion and light weight.
Like the rest of the EON family, the 518S is designed and built with the gigging performer in mind. With enough power to satisfy the most ravenous of bass cravers, and sturdy enough to withstand the abuse of the road, the EON 518S is an outstanding choice for gigging musicians and mobile DJs. Easy to setup and easy to move, the EON 518S offers a great solution for users tired of sacrificing real bass tone in their portable sound rigs.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- System Power Rating: 500 W continuous, 1000 W peak
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 36 Hz - 130 Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 617 x 569 x 652 mm (24.3 x 22.4 x 25.7 in)
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 42 Hz - 100 Hz
- Maximum SPL: 129 dB
- Crossover Frequency: 120 Hz (HPF selectable on outputs)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 81 lbs
Representing the next generation of its groundbreaking and industry-standard EON(R) series portable loudspeakers, today JBL is introducing the EON500 series. The unveiling of the EON500 series self-powered and lightweight speakers immediately raises the bar in the category of molded powered loudspeakers in all aspects, from industrial design to sonic performance, integrated utility and portability.
The EON518S is an 18-inch, direct radiating, high performance powered compact subwoofer system. Designed to extend low frequency performance of any EON system. It also offers the convenience of an integrated crossover and stereo loop-thru capability. The EON518S is comprised of a 460 mm (18-inch) Differential Drive woofer driven by a 500-watt Class-D digital amplifier.
- 500-watt high-performance powered subwoofer system
- True portability weighing only 29.5 kg (65 lb)
- Compact enclosure
- Designed handles with comfort rubber grips for easy transport
- 18 in. Differential Drive low-frequency driver with neodymium magnet for low-distortion and light weight
- Efficient Class-D digital amplifier technology
- Stereo balanced loop-through outputs
- Integrated and switchable High Pass Filter on loop-through outputs
- Easy "daisy-chain" connections for extending the system
- Polarity reverse selector
- Integrated 36 mm pole mount socket for sub/satellite applications
- Rugged DuraFlex finish