The Hercules DJ Console 4 MX USB DJ Controller is the perfect solution for anyone who wants a solid, great quality, virtual DJ console at a great price. The DJ Console 4 MX has solid metal casing and includes everything you need to start mixing and scratching right out of the box, including 2 large jog wheels, built-in audio interface, and the super popular Virtual DJ7 LE software that is both powerful and easy to use.
- Large DJ station for mobile computer DJs
- 2-deck/4-deck metal DJ controller to mix 2 or 4 stereo audio tracks
- 2 stereo out (for mixing and previewing) plus 2 stereo in (for analog gear)
- Mobile metal controller: a large mixer (40x25cm) with included carry bag
- 2-deck and 4-deck control
- 2 shift buttons to turn deck A into deck C, and deck B into deck D
- 2-deck for standard DJ mixes, when mixing 2 audio tracks
- 4-deck mixing: double the controls when you mix 4 tracks
- Large jog wheels with touch detection
- Same size as jog wheels on CD players
- 12cm (4.7 inch) diameter: as large as a compact disc.
- 1.9cm (0.75") height: as comfortable as on a CD player.
- 2 large jog wheels you can't miss.
- Touch detection via weight sensors
Activate scratch mode with touch-sensitive control
The DJ Console 4 MX's weight sensors detect the user's touch by detecting the hand's weight, to activate scratch mode. Your hand's weight moves the jog wheels down by 1 milimeter. Press the jog wheel down, and you feel that you're scratching. Move your hand up, and you feel that you've released the jog wheel.These touch-activated jog wheels are:
- natural: just like vinyl turntables and high-end CD players.
- secure: no disturbance from static electricity.
- intuitive: no need to calibrate.
Jog wheels' control over the DJ software
While the track plays, you control the DJ software with 2 actions on the jog wheel: Rotation, to control movement within the track, and pressure to control scratching. During audio track playback, you can use these jog wheels just as you would a vinyl record: to pitch bend, scratch, stop, and continue playback.
- Rotation without jog wheel press = pitch bend (like when you turn a turntable's ring).
- Rotation with jog wheel press = scratch (like when you turn a vinyl record with your hand flat on the record).
- No rotation with jog wheel press = stop playback (like when you stop a vinyl record's rotation with your hand).
- No rotation without jog wheel press = playback continues.
Jog wheel accuracy:
Rotation: 256 steps per revolution = 1.4 degrees per step.
Press down: <1mm travel.
Powerful DJ control surface
Number of controls:
Transport commands: 66 commands
Transport buttons + combo commands: 52 buttons
Shifted commands: 12
Pitch reset: 2
Jog wheels: 4 commands
Rotation commands: 2
Touch commands: 2
Total: 89 commands
Transport commands: 124 commands
Transport buttons + combo commands: 96 buttons
Shifted commands: 24
Pitch reset: 4
Jog wheels: 8 commands
Rotation commands: 4
Touch commands: 4
Total: 165 commands
2-deck and 4-deck DJ mixing controller
DJ Console 4 MX controls 2 decks in the same way as DJ Console RMX. DJ Console 4 MX controls both 2 decks and 4 decks, with 2 buttons switching the decks:
- a deck switch button on the left deck converts deck A into C / deck C into A.
- a deck switch button on the right deck converts deck B into D / deck D into B.
Once a deck is switched:
- all of the commands that the deck's controls send to the DJ software are changed.
- the letter of the active deck is highlighted in the center of the mixer.
Audio for mobile and club DJs
The DJ Console 4 MX has two independent stereo outputs on the rear panel with a host of connection options:
- 4 RCA connectors to connect to a stereo system, a recorder...
- 4 mono connectors in 1/4 inch jack format, to connect to a PA amplifier or speakers.
A ground lift switch on jack outputs 1-2, to protect the sound in the event of a ground loop.
1 headphones 1/4 inch stereo output, located both on the top panel and on the front panel.
The headphones play the same channels as outputs 3-4 on the rear panel.
The 2 ways of using DJ Console 4-Mx's audio outputs are:
For a mix inside DJ Console 4-Mx:
- connect the speakers/amplifier to outputs 1-2, to play the mix for your audience.
- connect headphones to one of the 2 headphone outputs (front or top), to preview tracks.
For an external mix (using an external mixer - VirtualDJ Pro (not included) or other DJ software required):
- connect DJ Console 4-Mx outputs 1-2 to inputs 1-2 on the external mixer.
- connect DJ Console 4-Mx outputs 3-4 to inputs 3-4 on the external mixer.
- mix on the external mixer, and connect headphones to the external mixer.
- use DJ Console 4-Mx to control the virtual decks.
2 stereo inputs:
2 independent stereo inputs via 4 RCA connectors:
- Select the audio source type in the DJ Console 4-Mx control panel: phono/consumer line/pro line/boost.
- Boost mode supports +8dBu signal level (for use with Pioneer CDJ players, for example).
- If the audio sources are vinyl turntables at phono level, connect the turntables' ground cables to the DJ Console 4-Mx's grounding screw.
1 microphone 1/4 inch jack mono input, located on both the top panel and the front panel.
The microphone input can be set:
- as a talk-over source (default mode): the microphone is played on outputs 1-2 over the music in the background, using the music attenuation level set in the DJ Console 4-Mx control panel (0dB, -3dB, -6dB or -9dB).
- or as a standard source, replacing inputs 1-2.
DJ Console 4-Mx pre-amplifies the microphone input by up to +34dB.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of