Product DescriptionWith its distinctive body design, set neck, and custom-designed "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups, the Gretsch G5422TDC Electromatic hollowbody sings with a voice all its own. This guitar comes in the double-cutaway shape for which Gretsch has long been famous. The elegant silver hardware throughout is easy on the eyes, and includes a shiny Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato that gives you that unbeatable Bigsby playing experience.
Sounds, Feels, and Looks Like Nothing ElseThe body on this marvelous guitar is a specially balanced 5-ply maple laminate that is finished under a gloss urethane finish. The depth on the body is a substantial 2.25 inches, imparting the instrument with its legendary sustain and shimmer. A nicely accenting binding adorns the body, fingerboard, and f-holes. The silver plexi pickguard shines magnificently under the stage lights.
Great Fit and Finish for Any PlayerThe G5422TDC's maple neck is set with 22 medium jumbo frets in a rosewood fingerboard. The neck measures 1.6875 inches at the nut and has an overall scale length of 24.5 inches. Hump-Block fingerboard inlays adorn 8 frets.
Filter'Tron Pickups Steal The ShowFact: The "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups look way cooler than most other pickups out there. And they happen to be some of the coolest-sounding pickups out there, too! This pickup was specially designed by the Gretsch R&D team, with a winding pattern based on a vintage Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickup found in an older Gretsch. Seeking to capture the punchy twang of this pickup, Gretsch created the "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups that now impart this guitar with such a distinctive voice. A 3-position toggle lets you tweak the tonal balance between the pickups to your heart's content.
Achieve Perfect Voicing and IntonationThe rest of the hardware on the G5422TDC Electromatic is chrome-plated and absolutely top-shelf. The Adjust-o-Matic bridge rests on a rosewood base, achieving incredible tone and sustain. The Bigsby B60 tremolo feels great under your hands and delivers a feel that must be experienced to be believed.
Features:- "Black Top" Filter'Tron Pickups in Neck and Bridge Positions
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- Bigsby-Licensed B60 Vibrato
- Hump-Block Fingerboard Inlays
- Bound Body Top, Back, Sound Holes, and Fingerboard
- Vintage Style Open-Back Tuning Machines
- Silver Plexi Pickguard
- Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Three-position pickup switch
- "G" arrow control knobs
- Adjust-o-Matic bridge with rosewood base
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gretsch products.
- Model Name: G5422TDC Electromatic(R) Hollow Body
- Series: Electromatic CollectionBody:
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane
- Body Depth: 2.25" (57 mm)Neck:
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.5" (62.2 cm)Electronics:
- Bridge Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master ToneHardware:
- Hardware Finish: Chrome-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic(TM) Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open-BackMiscellaneous:
- Unique Features: Hump-Block Fingerboard Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound Sound Holes, Bound Fingerboard, Silver Plexi Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod, Bigsby(R) -Licensed B60 Vibrato
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Transparent Red
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Walnut Stain
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Product DescriptionThe Gretsch G5422TDC Electromatic Hollow Body is a sharp looking guitar with a bound double-cutaway hollow body featuring sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, silver plexi pickguard, three-position pickup switch, classic "G" arrow control knobs, rosewood-based 'Adjust-o-Matic' bridge and Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece, vintage-style open-back tuners and chrome-plated hardware. Available in Black, Red and Walnut Stain.
When the Gretsch R&D team recently unearthed a Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickup with knockout punch and phenomenal twang, they incorporated its DNA into dynamic "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups, which now endow Electromatic hollow-body instruments such as the G5422TDC with an electrifying voice and identity.