Featuring fully detailed Aging, the Limited Edition Duane Allman '59 Les Paul offers Gibson's Artist Aging process to emulate the knicks and wear from Duane Allman on one of his most iconic instruments in his collection. After a thorough search through Allman's love affair with Gibson guitars, the '59 Cherry Sunburst Les Paul has become revealed as one of Duane's most used instruments.
When Gibson Custom decided to recreate his 59 Cherry Sunburst Les Paul, unprecedented time and effort was taken to extensively research its history, interviewing friends of Duane and the Allman Brothers Band as well as previous owners of the guitar. What was uncovered is a fascinating story of what is proven to be Duane's most heard guitar.
Through a very limited run of guitars capturing the precise look, feel and tone of the original, Gibson presents the Duane Allman Cherry Sunburst '59 Les Paul. Based on unrestricted access to and study of the original, Gibson Custom has recreated the details of this incredible instrument with uncompromised attention to detail and the highest standards of materials and craft.
In addition to the guitar, a very special package of commemorative items are included to make ownership a lifelong and memorable event for the few who will have the pleasure of calling one of them their own.
- Thorough Aging with Gibson's Artist Aging Process
- Two Piece, Hand Selected, Maple Top
- One Piece Genuine Mahogany Back
- One Piece Mahogany, Allman Profile Neck
- Rosewood Fingerboard with Aged Cellulose Trapezoid Inlays
- Custom Bucker Alnico 3 Humbuckers
- Includes Documentary, Dust Cover, Case and Certificate of Authenticity
- Limited Edition! Only 150 Aged Models in Production
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Top: 2 Piece, Hand Selected Maple
- Back: 1 Piece Genuine Mahogany
- Neck: 1 Piece Mahogany, Allman Profile
- Fingerboard: 1 Piece Rosewood
- Inlay: Aged Cellulose Trapezoids
- Headstock: Holly Head Veneer, Pearl Gibson logo with Open 'O' and 'B'
- Front: Custom Bucker Alnico 3
- Rear: Custom Bucker Alnico 3 (Slightly Under-Wound)
- Tuners: Schaller Double Band
- Bridge: Chrome ABR-1, Brass Saddles
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats
- Top: Double Dirty Lemon
- Back and Sides: Reissue Red Aniline Dye
- Included Collateral:
- Duane Allman Cherry Sunburst 1959 Les Paul Documentary video featuring Lee Roy Parnell (on USB Drive)
- Gibson Engraved Wooden Hardshell Case
- Dust Cover inspired by Duane's famous 'Peacock' Shirt
- Certificate of Authenticity in Custom Shop COA holder
- Aging: Thorough aging with Gibson Artist Aging Process
- Production/Run: 150 Aged Models
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 22 lbs