Product DescriptionGibson's original Les Paul Standard evolved steadily through the course of the '50s, but even across the short span from 1958-'60--the era of the legendary "Bursts"--the guitar continued to change in gradual but significant ways. As a result, while all 1958-'60 Les Pauls are among the most sought-after electric guitars ever made, different players have their favorite years from within that range, according to their, looks, specs and fine-points. Gibson first added a Cherry Sunburst finish to the Les Paul in 1958 in an effort to revive waning sales. The following year, these guitars began to be built with more highly-figured maple tops, as well as gaining a somewhat slimmer (yet still rounded) neck profile and "Jumbo" frets. Mid way through 1960, the Les Paul was given a thinner, flatter neck shape, beloved of many a rocker for its comfort and speed, and new gold "top hat" control knobs with silver metal inserts and pointer rings. In addition, in 1960 Gibson changed the pigment in its Cherry Sunburst finish to a brighter, fade-resistant red, creating a sunburst that survived in more vivid color over the years, a variant known in some circles as "Tangerine" sunburst. The new finish, along with the continued use of maple tops with "flamed" and "tiger-striped" patterns, resulted in some of the most visually appealing Bursts of the era, beautifully represented in the 1960 Les Paul Standard VOS.
The 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue retains the solid mahogany body and carved maple top that laid down the Les Paul's legendary sonic signature, along with its quarter-sawn mahogany neck with long-tenon neck joint. In addition to these details, the 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue also benefits from Gibson Custom's 20th Anniversary Specifications. These include a one-piece rosewood fingerboard, Kluson(TM) Deluxe machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate body and fingerboard binding color, new Custom Buckers created in the image of the original PAFs, and period-correct Aniline dye for the guitar's back and sides, all beneath Gibson Custom's proprietary VOS process, which yields a gently worn look and feel.
Gibson Custom's Custom Bucker accurately recreates the original PAFs of the late '50s, using Alnico III magnets and unequal turns of 42 AWG wire in each coil for that characteristic PAF "bite." These pickups clean up beautifully at the guitar's volume controls, while Bumble Bee tone caps assist in that warm, singing "woman tone" when you roll back the tone controls. To top it all off, the 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue plays superbly right out of its Custom Shop hardshell case thanks to a trip through one of Gibson's state-of-the-art Plek machines before it leaves the Custom Shop floor.
Every guitar includes a Certificate of Authenticity, an owner's manual and adjustment literature, and coverage by Gibson Custom's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 Customer Service.
Features:- One-piece rosewood fingerboards
- Aniline Dye
- Kluson Deluxe machine heads
- Hot Hide Glue Neck Fit
- Custom Buckers
- Historic Truss Rod Assembly-no tubing
- Accurate body and fingerboard binding
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.
- Top: Carved Maple Top
- Back: Solid, Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany Back
- Binding: Single-ply Cream Binding on TopNeck:
- Species: 1-piece Mahogany Neck with Long Neck Tenon
- Profile: 1960 Slim taper
- Truss Rod: Historic Truss Rod Assembly (No Tubing)
- Joint Angle: 4* (+/- 15 seconds)Neck Fit
- Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Adhesive: Hot Hide Glue
- Joint Angle Tolerance: +/- .005"Fingerboard:
- Species: One-piece Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.687/2.062Nut:
- Material: Nylon
- Width: 1.687
- Slots: Gibson PLEK SystemHeadstock:
- Inlay: Holly Headstock Veneer w/ Pearl logo
- Truss Rod Cover: Vintage Black and White
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Headstock Tuners
- Model: Kluson(TM) Deluxe (double band)
- Tuning Ratio: 12:01
- Plating: NickelBridge:
- Type: ABR-1 bridge
- Plating: NickelTailpiece:
- Type: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- Plating: NickelHardware:
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Silver Inserts and Dial Pointers
- Toggle Switch Washer: Cream with Gold Silkscreen
- Pickguard: Cream
- Pickup Mounting Rings: Cream
- Control Plate Cover: Black
- Strings: .010 - .046
- Strap Buttons: AluminumPickups:
- Neck Position: Custom Bucker
- Bridge Position: Custom BuckerElectronics:
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls
- 2 Tone Controls
- Capacitors: Bumblebee
- Toggle Switch: Three-Way with Amber Toggle Cap
- Output Jack: Traditional 1/4"Finish:
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Treatment: Aniline Dye
- Washed Cherry VOSCase:
- Type: Custom Shop Hardshell CaseAccessories:
- Certificate of Authenticity: COA
- Additional Materials: Each 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue comes with adjustment literature, and documentation for the guitar's limited lifetime warranty.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-4GIBSON