The meat and muscle of the Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior has always come from its solid slab of prime mahogany, a rich, resonant tonewood with a sweet and balanced harmonic content and excellent sustain. The Les Paul Junior has straight-on power and playability which countless musicians have come to love over the years.
In honor of Billie Joe's achievement in taking the punk ethos, attitude and energy right to the top of the mainstream without once compromising his vision, Gibson USA presents the Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Double Cut. Designed in the image of the late '50s rendition of the breed, the Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Double Cut is crafted with select tonewoods and an advanced rendition of Gibson's hallowed P-90 pickup, the noise-cancelling H-90, with a double-cutaway body and subtle custom graphics to help it stand out from the crowd, and includes an extra special Gibson gigbag with a stylish surprise lurking inside.
Gibson USA crafts the guitar's mahogany body in the iconic double-cutaway style of the Juniors of the late '50s and early '60s, and dresses it in an eye-catching, high-gloss TV Yellow finish, in genuine nitrocellulose lacquer. A traditional black plastic pickguard is adorned with a custom hot-stamped silver Billie Joe Armstrong Adeline skull logo, a subtle nod that this guitar is something special.
The solid-mahogany neck is carved to Billie Joe's preferred slim early '60s profile which is fast and extremely comfortable, and topped with a fingerboard of rich brown granadillo, an exotic Central American hardwood with a look, feel and tone similar to rosewood, with extremely good durability. In keeping with the simplicity of the original Juniors, the Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Double Cut has a simple vintage-style wraparound bridge, a component known for its solidity and sustain-enhancing powers.
With such a great foundation in place, the Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Double Cut rams it all home through a great rendition of Gibson's beloved P-90 single-coil pickup. The H-90 stacked double coil pickup is the result of a close collaboration with Billie Joe. It offers the snarl and punch of a classic, vintage P-90, but with none of the 60-cycle hum that usually plagues traditional single coil pickups. This was accomplished by simply taking two single coils and stacking them on top of each other, resulting in the hum cancellation effect that occurs in a regular humbucker. With a few adjustments, Gibson's engineers were then able to secure the vintage sonic characteristics of the single coil, retaining traditional Alnico V bar magnets and 42 AWG coil wire, making the H-90 another example of Gibson's drive to stay one step ahead. As ever, the pickup is routed through a single volume and tone control.
It all comes protected in a stunning Gibson USA gigbag with a stylish leopard skin plush lining and red external Shockman graphic, and is covered by Gibson's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Solid Mahogany body with iconic Junior double-cutaway
- Mahogany neck with Billie Joe's preferred slim early '60s profile
- Powerful P-90 Plus pickup in the bridge position
- Vintage-style wraparound bridge
- Hot-stamped silver Billie Joe Armstrong Adeline skull logo on pickguard
- Gibson USA gigbag with a stylish leopard skin plush lining and red external graphic
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Top: Mahogany
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50Neck:
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim '60s
- Truss Rod: Traditional Adjustable
- Joint Angle: 5-degrees (+/- 15 seconds)
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50Neck Fit:
- Joint: Mortise and Tenon
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50
- Joint Angle: Tolerance +/- .005 inchFingerboard:
- Species: Granadillo
- Frets: 22
- Radius: 12 inches
- Scale Length: 24.75 inches
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.695 inch/2.26 inches
- Inlays: Acrylic DotNut:
- Material: Corian
- Width: 1.695
- Slots: Gibson PLEK SystemHeadstock:
- Logo: Gold Gibson Logo and Scripted Les Paul Model Silkscreen
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Antique BellTuners:
- Model: White Button
- Tuning: Ratio 14:1
- Plating: NickelBridge/Tailpiece:
- Type: Wraparound
- Material: Zamak
- Plating: ChromeHardware:
- Knobs: Black Top Hat
- Pickguard: Hot-Stamped Silver Billie Joe Armstrong Adeline Skull Logo
- Control Plate Cover: Black Plastic
- Strings: .010 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- Strap Buttons: AluminumPickups:
- Bridge: Position H-90 (Alnico V)Electronics:
- Potentiometers: 1 Volume Control 1 Tone Control
- Type: 300k Linear Volume, 500k Non-Linear Tone
- Coil Wiring: Machine Wound
- Output Jack: Traditional 1/4 inchFinish:
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose
- Process: 1-1.5 milsCase:
- Type: Gibson USA Gigbag
- Case: Exterior Black with Red Shockman Graphic
- Case: Interior Leopard Skin Plush LiningAccessories:
- Additional Materials: Each Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Double Cut comes with adjustment literature, and documentation for the guitar's Limited Lifetime Warranty, along with Gibson's 24/7/365 Customer Service.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 18 lbs