Gibson 2016 HP Explorer Electric GuitarThe Explorer 2016 HP is the much-anticipated, modern incarnation of the original Explorer. It boasts a remarkable set of premium, high performance features, overlaid on a solid mahogany body for a fat, punchy, well-defined sound. An exclusive fast-access heel, developed specifically for the Gibson USA High Performance lineup, allows unprecedented access to the high notes - which, combined with the new soloist neck width, provides the fastest-playing Explorer you've ever experienced. Titanium metal for the saddles and the adjustable zero-fret nut delivers a bright, crisp tone, while being virtually indestructible and ensuring total, personalized control over the action. A 496R Hot Ceramic pickup in the neck position and a 500T Super Ceramic in the bridge sizzle and snarl with aggressive authority, while genuine mother of pearl inlays add to the guitar's premium styling.
An archetypal rocker ahead of its time, the 2016 Explorer HP nails 21st century performance with a SlimTaper neck profile, the new soloist neck width, and a fast-access heel. A zero-fret titanium nut super-low action for unprecedented speed, and it's all perfected by a precise Plek and hand-finished setup for unrivaled playability.
With rich, resonant mahogany as its foundation the Explorer HP sizzles through a 496R Hot Ceramic humbucker in the neck position and a 500T Super Ceramic in the bridge, for utterly crushing rock tones. A titanium nut and titanium bridge saddles optimize clarity and sustain.
Innovation and craftsmanship reveal themselves from every angle, with G-Force automated tuners, a thicker one-piece fingerboard with hand-rubbed oil finish, genuine mother-of-pearl inlays, upgraded plastics, and an exclusive labor-intensive hand-applied process for a smooth high-gloss nitrocellulose finish.
Features:- Next-Generation Gibson G FORCE Tuners
- Sturdier, noiseless toggle switch
- Titanium saddles
- 496R - 500T humbucker Pickups
- Soloist neck width with Fast-access neck heel
- Mother of pearl dot inlays
- SlimTaper neck profile
- Gold-plated multi contact jack
- Titanium adjustable zero-fret nut
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Truss Rod: Explorer
- Neck Profile: Explorer Slim Taper
- Thickness at Fret 1: 0.800"
- Thickness at Fret 12: 0.850"
- Peg Head Logo: Mother of Pearl "Gibson"
- Headstock Angle: 14 degrees
- Nut: Titanium Zero Fret Nut
- Nut Width: 1.745"
- Fingerboard Wood: 1 Piece Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 30.48 cm / 12"
- Frets: 22
- Nut/End of Board: 1.745" @ nut, 2.310" @ end of board
- Scale Length: 62.865 cm / 24.75"
- Side Dots (Color): White
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dot
- Pickups: 496R, 500T
- Tuning Keys: Mini Grover Kidney
- Tuning Ratio: 14:01
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic w /Titanium saddles
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Output Jack: HP 1/4" mono gold plated positive contact
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Pick Guard: Explorer
- Truss Rod Cover: Black bell
- Knobs: Supreme grip speed knobs
- Trim Rings: Black humbucker Low/High
- Case: HP Hard shell
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-4GIBSON