Gibson 2015 Thunderbird Electric Bass
Bring the thunder with Gibson's 2015 Thunderbird bass! With its neck-through-body construction and full-contact bridge, this USA-made bass preserves every last string vibration. Sling on the T-Bird for serious sustain and a wide range of unique tonal possibilities.
Introducing the Gibson USA 2015 Model Year. Gibson USA is dedicated to creating the ultimate playing experience through innovation and continuous improvement. From the very beginning, Orville Gibson was committed to this ideal. His vision has been carried on by a number of passionate, creative designers, luthiers and master craftsmen -- from Lloyd Loar to Les Paul -- to today.
It is in this spirit that Gibson USA has established the business practice of introducing a new model line every year in the fall. Every Model Year is the culmination of research on how Gibson can make the most advanced guitars.
Gibson USA matches the rarest and finest woods to every guitar. This selection system provides an accurate specification for each guitar's top, back, body carving, and fingerboard, giving you the confidence of knowing exactly what woods Gibson luthiers choose when crafting your new guitar.
Master luthier Jim DeCola speaks about Gibson's history and their 2015 models:
- Full Contact Bridge: Easier adjustment and increased sustain
- New & Improved Electronics: Increased tonal Versatility, with eight distinct sounds
- Comprehensive wood selection and grading: Rarest and finest materials for best instruments
- Thicker Rosewood Fingerboard: Increased mass for sustain
- Pearl Inlays: Better appearance and value
- Smoother sanded, buffed and oiled fingerboard: Improved playability and feel
- 3 Point Setup (Lower Frets, Improved Plek, Intonation): Silky smooth action and bending, improved intonation
- Improved contact output jack: Secure contact and uninterrupted signal
- More robust cables: Stronger signal strength
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.