The Gibson Chris Cornell ES-335 is a singular guitar for a singular performer. From its Lollartron pickups and optional Bigsby vibrato, to its classic semi-hollow design, this Gibson Memphis ES-335 is an instrument worthy of the famous frontman.
American-made in Gibson's Memphis, Tennessee facility, the legendary semi-hollow electric design gains an alternative edge with the addition of Jason Lollar Lollartron pickups. Voiced to emulate the Filter'Tron pickups of the late '50s and early '60s, but with a wider tonal range, these humbuckers add crispness and clarity to complement the ES-335 semi-hollowbody's depth.
From the groundbreaking grunge of Soundgarden to the aggressive alt-rock of Audioslave, Chris Cornell has never been one to blend in with the crowd. In addition to his unmistakable vocals and songwriting, Cornell has long been known as an accomplished guitarist with a tone all his own, driven by distinctive vintage instruments. So it stands to reason that a signature guitar for this formidable frontman should be as special as the Gibson Chris Cornell ES-335.
- Semi-hollow laminated maple body with bound top and back
- Solid maple center block for increased sustain
- Mahogany neck and bound rosewood fretboard with pearloid dot inlays
- Lollartron humbuckers deliver plenty of clarity, crispness and twang
- Three-way pickup switch and custom clear knobs
- Grover Rotomatic tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
- Hardware treated with Gibson's VOS process for a gently aged look
- Gibson Tune-o-matic bridge on the Flat Black finish
- Option of a Bigsby vibrato on the Olive Drab Green finish
- Hardshell case included
- American-made in Memphis, Tennessee
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Gibson Guitars has the distinctive opportunity to present the Chris Cornell Signature Series ES-335. Chris Cornell is one of rock music's most iconic singer and songwriters with a longstanding career as an immensely successful solo artist, as well as having been the extraordinary frontman of both Audioslave and the legendary rock group, Soundgarden. Now he has specified his design for this unique Gibson guitar, complete with Bigsby Tremolo tailpiece, clear Top Hat Knobs, aged Nickel hardware and the rich, clear warmth of renown Lollartron Humbucker pickups. And of course, a signature case and Certificate of Authenticity is included. The specified details about the look and feel and sound of this guitar have originated from one of the most original and influential rock musicians of the last twenty years, and the result is as unmatched as the legacy of the artist himself.
- 100% American made, in Memphis, TN
- Custom clear knobs with no dial indicators
- Lollartron Pickups
- All VOS hardware
- Aluminum Bigsby