At first glance, the Fender American Deluxe Dimension IV bass is tough to define. With a unique body style and hardware, it's a new foray for Fender. Pick one up, though, and you'll experience their player-friendly design choices at work.
See it in action with this exclusive zZounds video:
A Whole New DimensionThe Dimension bass is new territory for Fender, who crafted the original body shape out of ash for a bass on the lighter side with plenty of resonance. Asymmetry is a theme throughout, with the body's slight tilt giving it a fairly vintage look.
The Dimension's asymmetrical neck heel makes way for players who like to reach all the way up the neck, and the body contour makes a comfortable groove for standing bassists. A five-bolt neck plate also makes the most of being off-center, providing a more stable neck joint.
Neck Sculpted for ComfortWhile playing an asymmetrical neck may sound like a arduous chore, the maple neck of the Fender Dimension breaks symmetry rules with a compound-radius rosewood fretboard. This design flattens out the fretboard toward the higher end for easy lead playing, while maintaining a more rounded profile at the lower half -- just where you'd want it when playing rhythm. The neck's overall profile is a "C" shape, popular with modern players who want to reach across as much of the neck as possible.
Explore the Sonic FrontierThough outfitted with a single pickup in the bridge pickup, the Dimension makes the most of its electronics to offer a huge range of sounds. That pickup -- a Fender Dimension humbucker -- gives off punchy, authoritative tone that comes alive when overdriven.
The pickup runs into an 18-volt onboard preamp offering a three band EQ with bass, mid, and treble bass/cut and master volume.
Features:- Ash body in Dimension body style
- Asymmetrical "C" shape maple neck
- Rosewood or compound radius fretboard
- Dimension humbucking pickup
- Master volume, treble/bass/mid cut/boost controls
- 18-volt preamp with active three-band EQ
- Fender four-saddle Hi-Mass bridge
- Fender lightweight "F" vintage tuning machines
- Chrome hardware
- Case included
Experience out-of-this-world sound with the Fender Dimension.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: American Deluxe
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Asymmetrical "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil Finish with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- String Nut: Bone, 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood on (728), (733), Maple on (706), (721),9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot on (728), (733), Black Dot on (706), (721)
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Fender 4-Saddle Hi-Mass
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.105)
- Pickups: Dimension Humbucking (Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume, Treble Boost/Cut, Mid Boost/Cut and Bass Boost/Cut
- Special Electronics: 18V Preamp with Active 3-Band EQ
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Cayenne Burst
- Shipping Weight: 27 lbs
- Violin Burst
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs
Product DescriptionThe Fender American Deluxe Dimension IV Bass is a phenomenal instrument, with an ash body in the completely new Dimension shape and featuring a comfortable asymmetrical neck heel. Its maple neck is crafted with a great-feeling asymmetrical 'C'-shaped profile, Posiflex graphite neck support rods, a convenient heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel, smooth hand-rubbed oil finish and five-bolt neck plate. The compound-radius (9.5"-14") maple or rosewood fingerboard has 21 medium jumbo frets and a bone nut, while the headstock has a gloss finish and Stealth 'A' string retainer.
The instrument's sonic sophistication is simply unmatched. Its single Dimension Bass humbucking pickup is both powerful and nuanced, and its 18-volt onboard preamp, three-band active EQ (center-detented treble, mid and bass boost/cut) and master volume deliver remarkable tonal versatility with any degree of muscle and finesse. Other premium features include a three-ply black pickguard, knurled chrome control knobs, Fender Hi-Mass bridge, vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts, locking strap buttons, side-mounted oval output jack and rear-mounted battery compartment. Hard-shell case, leather strap and 10' cable included.
Fender Dimension BassesEnter a new dimension of Fender bass. Dimension basses now take their place among Fender's greatest bass designs as the modern pinnacle of pro-level bass style, power, performance and personality. The company that invented electric bass now brings you an elegantly original body style with all-new pickups, electronics and other fine features that let you sculpt and personalize your tone as no Fender bass ever has before. It is a level of bass artistry unparalleled in Fender history, and it is the future of your Fender bass experience. In every way, it's an entirely new Dimension in Fender bass.
Features: - Asymmetrical Neck Heel
- Single Disc String Tree
- Stealth "A" String Retainer
- Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Truss Rod Adjustment
- Knurled Chrome Flat-Top Control Knobs
- 5-Bolt Neckplate
- Rear Mounted Battery Compartment
- Straplock Strap Buttons
- Side Mounted Oval Output Jack
- Graphite Reinforced Neck