Likely starting as a Fender designer's fantasy combination of a Telecaster with a vintage rockabilly axe, the Fender Cabronita Telecaster Thinline has a sound all its own. With Fender Fideli'Tron humbucking pickups and semi-hollow design, the Cabronita can get rather raunchy without losing clarity.
Light and BrightThe Cabronita's marriage of an ash body with semi-hollow construction was no accident. The tonewood is known for making lightweight and comfortable guitars with snappy response and bright tone. Couple that with its semi-hollow Telecaster shape, and you can hear the guitar resonate before it's ever plugged in. Adding to the guitar's good vibes is the six-saddle bridge, which runs the strings through the body for further stability.
Versatile, Responsive Fideli'Tron PickupsFender designed their Fideli'Tron pickups to give the Cabronita a distinct growl. Landing somewhere between a single-coil and full-sized humbucker, the Fideli'Trons evoke the sound of classic country and rockabilly guitarists. Played clean, they offer everything from an open, jangly sound in the bridge position to thick and warm sounds from the neck pickup. They are well-suited to overdrive, giving you authoritative crunch in any position and never lacking definition. A three-way pickup selector switch lets you toggle between the guitar's versatile sounds and blend the pickups for extra twang.
Modern Touches Enhance Playability Though the Cabronita may look and sound like a late-'50s axe, Fender has infused it with many contemporary features. The guitar's maple neck features a modern "C" profile and urethane finish for comfortable and smooth grip. The neck invites nimble rockabilly-style leads and dares even the most extreme bends from country and blues players. The single master volume knob is located in a convenient spot that makes quickly cleaning up your sound or going full-blast a breeze.
Features:-Semi-hollow construction in Telecaster body shape
- Ash body
- Maple neck in modern "C" profile
- Maple fretboard
- Fideli'Tron humbuckers in neck and bridge positions
- 3-way pickup selector switch
- Master volume control
- Six-saddle vintage-style bridge
- Strings run through body
- Deluxe gig bag included
Hear the unique bite of Fideli'tron pickups in the Fender Cabronita Telecaster.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Series: Classic PlayerBody
- Body Material: Semi-Hollow Ash, Semi-Hollow Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: TelecasterNeck
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex AdjustmentElectronics
- Neck Pickup: Fideli'Tron(TM) Humbucking
- Bridge Pickup: Fideli'Tron(TM) Humbucking
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Controls: Master VolumeHardware
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Strat Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black, 1-Ply WhiteAccessories
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig BagMiscellaneous
- Strings: Fender(R) USA Super 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Other Features: Semi-Hollow Body with F-Hole, Chrome Pickup Covers, Knurled Chrome Control Knob, Button String Tree
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- 2-Color Sunburst
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs
- Shoreline Gold
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs
- White Blonde
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs