The Perfect Strat for Modern Hard RockThe Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS is a cream-of-the-crop Strat with an Atomic humbucking pickup in the bridge position. The result is a guitar that plays as dreamily in your hands as any American Deluxe Stratocaster -- and gives you the tonal range and power of a fat-sounding, high-output humbucker.
In the middle and neck positions, you'll find Fender's specially-designed N3 pickups that offer a uniquely quiet and hum-free single-coil design with a bright, bell-like tone. The American Deluxe HSS Strat also boasts the recently redesigned S-1 switch to give you a greater range of tonal options to play with. And more fine details in the hardware and design ultimately make the American Deluxe HSS a Stratocaster unto itself.
Comfortable Compound-Radius Rosewood FretboardThe rosewood fingerboard on the Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS is a compound-radius design: its radius size evolves lengthwise from 9.5 to 14 inches. The compound-radius shape was developed to accommodate the Stratocaster's occasional inability to sustain bent notes in the higher part of the neck. The change in radial gradient means that strings will bend far more smoothly on the high frets, extending the sustain in your solo and lead playing. The neck's diminutive size also feels quick and light in your hands all the way up to the 22nd fret. And here, you'll notice that the heel is uniquely contoured to be more playable.
HSS Pickup ConfigurationFender's N3 Noiseless pickups, found in the middle and neck positions of this HSS model, were developed to eliminate the characteristic hum found on most single-coil pickups. Meanwhile, the "H" in "HSS" announces the presence of the Atomic humbucker in the bridge spot. This is a super-hot pickup with tons of midrange, made to channel natural harmonic overtones with a beautiful, full sound. When you're ready to plug in and dial up some crunch, the you'll find that this pickup has endless amounts of love to give you.
Be a Tonal Chameleon with Fender's S-1 SwitchIn addition to the versatile 5-way switch blade pickup selector in its usual spot, this American Deluxe Stratocaster gives you the amazing added functionality of the S-1 switch. Fender's S-1 switch gives you five additional switch positions that route the signal through the pickups in unique ways. In Positions 1-3, you can manipulate the way the guitar's pickups are wired in series. In Position 4, the bridge and neck pickups go out of phase through a special tone capacitor. In Position 5, the bridge and middle pickups are wired in series and out of phase, in parallel with the neck pickup.
Designed to be Useful for Real GuitaristsThe American Deluxe goes the whole nine yards in its attention to truly useful features, including staggered locking tuners, and a two-point synchronized American Deluxe tremolo bridge with pop-in arm. The two-point sync and the locking tuners definitely make it one of the tightest Fenders out theres in terms of stable intonation.
FeaturesL- Compound Radius Fretboard
- Noiseless N3 Strat Pickups in Neck and Middle Positions
- Atomic Humbucking Pickup in the Bridge Position
- Reconfigured S-1 Switching
- Locking Tuning Machines
- Contoured Heel
- Molded Rectangular SKB Case
- Aged White Knobs
- Deluxe Staggered Locking Tuners
- Schaller Strap Lock System
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- 4-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt
- 22 Frets
- White Pearloid Dot Inlays
- 25.5-inch Scale Length
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen) Wrench
With an HSS pickup configuration and the S-1 switch, this guitar puts tonal possibilities in your hands that set it totally apart from other Fenders. Get experimental with the American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS!
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Country of origin: US
- Special features: Compound Radius Fretboard, Noiseless N3 Strat Pickups (Neck/Mid), Atomic Humbucking Pickup (bridge) Reconfigured S-1 Switching, Locking Tuning Machines, Contoured Heel
- Height: 6.0
- Length: 44.5
- Volume: 2.627
- Case/Gig Bag: Molded Rectangular SKB(R) Case
- Strings: Super Bullets(R) 3250L, NPS, (.009 to .042 Gauges)
- Control Knobs: Aged White Knobs
- Straplocks: Schaller Strap Lock System
- Body Shape: Stratocaster(R)
- Auxillary Switching: 2-Position Push/Push "Passing Lane" Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Atomic Humbucking(TM) Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Middle Pickup: Noiseless N3 Strat Middle Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Noiseless N3 Strat Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: H/S/S
- Pickup Switching: Position 1. Humbucking Pickup w/ Coils in Series, Pos. 2. Middle Pickup/Inside Coil of Humbucking Pickup in Parallel, Pos. 3. Middle Pickup, Pos 4. Neck/Middle Pickup in Parallel, Pos. 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: S-1 Switch
- Bridge: Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Pop in Arm
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strap Buttons: American Series Strap Buttons
- String Nut: LSR Roller Nut
- Switch Tip: Aged White Switch Tip
- Tremolo Arm/Handle: Pop-In Deluxe Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5 in.-14 in. Compound Radius (241mm-355.6mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Neck Material: Maple Neck
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt(TM)
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 1.6875 in. (43 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearl Dot Inlays
- Scale Length: 25.5 in. (648mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8 in. American Series Nut
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: .050 in. Hex (Allen) Wrench
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8 in. Hex (Allen) Wrench
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender American DLX Stratocaster HSS RWTone... Tradition... Innovation. Fender's American Deluxe Stratocaster(R) HSS is for guitarists who want a little more from their axes. A compound radius fretboard allows effortless string bending anywhere along the neck, and two N3 Noiseless pickups provide improved Stratocaster tones while the DH-1 humbucking bridge pickup has more output for fatter lead tones all with no hum. Reconfigured S-1 switching offers other distinctive tonal options. The switch instantly routes your signal from any pickup position to the bridge position with the tone circuit bypassed, giving you more overtones and a little more volume.
Other features include staggered locking tuners, LSR roller nut, two-point synchronized American Deluxe tremolo bridge with pop-in arm, and beveled neck heel. This version of the Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS features a Rosewood fretboard for slightly warmer tone.