Get what Event Electronics is bold enough to describe as "big ass sound" with the Event 20/20BAS bi-amped powered studio monitor speakers. Known for their ability to deliver crystal-clear audio with high output, low distortion, and excellent dynamics, these unassuming yet powerful reference monitors may be the last that you buy for your studio.
I Hear Everything
Power up these powered monitors and listen closely. What do you hear? Oh, it's your music! The 20/20BAS offers truthful reproduction, so if your mix is just plain bad, every last flaw will be revealed. If you've got a killer mix, however, the 20/20BAS will let it shine, maintaining all the highs and lows in tremendous detail.
High Power, Low Distortion
The 20/20BAS has fully discrete Class AB amplifiers for the tweeter and woofer, which yield up to 250 watts of peak power with less than .01 percent Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). An oversized toroidal power supply lends for sustained high output performance, so you get "big ass sound" no matter what music courses through the 20/20BAS.
The powered studio monitor combines a magnetically shielded 25 mm ferrofluid-cooled silk dome with an 8-inch mineral-polypropylene cone with a 1.5-inch diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. A front-mounted bass port assists in delivering the 20/20BAS's outstanding low-end response, and independent trim controls for each amplifier make it easy to adjust the monitor's response to your personal studio environment.
Opal technology provides the 20/20BAS with impressive dynamics with low distortion, along with a clearly defined low end that really brings out the bass of any track.
The 20/20BAS's MDF cabinet has strong internal bracing, and the overall construction of the unit lends for a studio monitor that could compete with other, more expensive reference monitors.
- Bi-amplified powered reference monitor
- Discrete Class AB amplifiers for the tweeter and woofer for up to 250 watts peak power with under .01% THD
- LF driver: Magnetically shielded 8" mineral-polypropylene cone with a 1.5" diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- HF driver: Magnetically shielded 25 mm ferrofluid-cooled silk dome
- Oversized toroidal power supply fuels loud performances
- Front-mounted bass port for unrivaled low-end response
- Independent trim controls let you customize the monitor to your room
- MDF cabinet with strong internal bracing
If you want clear, detailed sound and uncolored, accurate frequency response without spending thousands of dollars, look no further than the Event 20/20BAS. This bi-amped powered studio monitor will serve all your reference monitoring needs without breaking the bank.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- LF Driver: magnetically shielded 8 in. mineral-filled polypropylene cone with 1-1/2 in. diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround.
- HF Driver: magnetically shielded 25mm ferrofluid-cooled silk dome.
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz, +/-3dB (-2dB @ 38Hz), Ref. 500Hz 0.
- Crossover: 2.6kHz, active fourth order.
- LF Amplifier Power: 130W continuous per side.
- HF Amplifier Power: 70W continuous per side.
- Input: Balanced; gold combination XLR - 1/4 in. ; accepts balanced or unbalanced sources.
- Input Sensitivity: 1.1V input produces full output with Input Level Control at maximum.
- LF Trim: Continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produce +/-3dB @ 100Hz, +/-2dB @ 400Hz.
- HF Trim: Continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produces +/-3dB above 2.6kHz.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Single Speaker
- Shipping Weight: 34 lbs
- Pair, with Studio Monitor Pack
- Shipping Weight: 71 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 805-566-7777
With the custom 2020 transducer components and cabinet in hand, Frank and Walter set about creating an active, bi-amplified system. The goal: Put true world-class reference monitoring into the hands of musicians previously shut out by the high cost of those systems. What they came up with has since turned out to be the monitor of choice for recording professionals worldwide.
Professionals, such as recording engineer extraordinaire Francis Buckley, who took the very first pair of 20/20bas and won a Grammy for the project he mixed on them.
The system's precision, easy-on-the-ears sound hasn't gone unnoticed by the music press either, who have been positively shameless with their flattery in 2020bas reviews.
Take this quote, for example, from an Electronic Musician roundup of powered reference monitors:
"If I was planning to buy a system, my personal choice would be the Event 20/20bas."-EM
Then they backed up their statement by awarding the 20/20bas the magazine's coveted Editor's Choice Award. What is it that makes the 20/20bas sound so exceptional? To begin with, they're based on the 2020 design, which in itself offers exceptional sound. Reaching the next level required designing an active asymmetrical fourth-order crossover-one with phase response so accurate that the resulting stereo imaging simply must be heard (make that seen) to be believed.
"The stereo imaging of the 20/20bas was the best of the bunch--I was able to clearly hear the two and three-o'clock pans and the eight- and nine-o'clock pans, and these are often the hardest positions to discern in a mix." - Electronic Musician
Next came the custom 130W amplifier designed specifically for the woofer, followed by the 70W tweeter amp. (In case your math is a little rusty, that's 200 watts of clean power per side). Finally, independent trim controls for each amplifier were implemented, making it easy to adjust the speakers' response to your particular monitoring environment.
Simply put, the 20/20bas delivers exactly what you want in a reference monitor system: superbly clear, detailed sound. Flat, uncolored, accurate frequency response. Precise imaging. Non-fatiguing to the ears. Fun. That's right, fun. When was the last time you sat down and really enjoyed listening to a reference monitor? With 20/20bas, you'll like what you hear.