Your 8-String Melody Machine
With eight strings stretching over 24 frets, the ESP LTD Javier Reyes JR608QM electric guitar is the perfect instrument for the guitarist with eager fingers. A pair of DiMarzio JR-CTM humbuckers housed in a swamp ash body project a clear and warm signal, and a speedy five-piece walnut/maple/paduak neck in a comfy Thin U shape boasts a silky smooth ebony fingerboard and a snug fit for a hand that loves swift melodic sweeps and runs. This axe's neck-through-body design keeps your sound reverberating as smoothly and seamlessly as possible. Pick up this ESP, and you'll be on your way to the extended-range mastery of prog metal guitarist Javier Reyes.
Javier Reyes of Animals As Leaders shows off his signature LTD JR-608:
Eight Strings at your Fingertips
There is plenty of room for exploration when you shoulder an 8-string axe. Javier Reyes' playing style shows how the possibilities are nearly endless. After you get your fingers used to the standard tuning -- E, B, G, D, A, E, B, E -- be sure to experiment around with different tunings to see how much your output can stand out from the crowd.
Swamp Ash Body
Swamp ash is a great tonewood for electric guitars, especially if you're a lead player. It yields an even balance of lows and highs, with a slightly scooped midrange. This guitar's asymmetrical contour is easy on the eyes, and a deep cutaway lets your hand hit those higher notes comfortably.
Pair of DiMarzio JR-CTM Humbuckers
No matter where you pay, each note will sound clear, warm, and consistent. The two DiMarzio JR-CTM humbuckers serve each string solid sonic justice by forging a tone that cannot be ignored. Be sure to play around with this axe's five-setting pickup selector switch as well as the coil splitting switch at the bottom to hear the dynamic reach these humbuckers have to offer.
Five-Piece Walnut/Maple/Paduak Neck
A slightly wider neck doesn't have to sacrifice on comfort at all. This appendage's Thin U contour fits in your hand like a glove. All 24 frets boast a tight and comfortable action, and a smooth ebony fingerboard lets your fingers travel effortless up and down. The neck through body design offers a sturdy feel and a smooth transfer of sound.
- Javier Reyes' signature ESP LTD electric guitar
- JR body shape
- Warm-sounding swamp ash body
- Five-piece walnut/maple/paduak neck
- Neck-through-body design
- 24 XJ frets
- Thin U neck contour
- Smooth ebony fingerboard
- Longer scale length of 27"
- Secure LTD locking tuners
- DiMarzio JR-CTM humbucker at the neck
- DiMarzio JR-CTM humbucker at the bridge
- One volume control
- One tone control
- Five-setting pickup selector switch
- One coil-splitting switch
- Attractive premium gold hardware
- Secure Schaller Hannes-8 bridge
zZounds is an authorized dealer of ESP products.
- Construction: Neck-thru-body
- Scale: 27"
- Body: Swamp Ash
- Top: Quilted Maple
- Neck: 5-Piece Walnut/Maple/Paduak
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 350mm
- Finish: Faded Blue Sunburst
- Nut Width: 54mm
- Nut Type: Graphtech Black Tusq
- Neck Contour: Thin U
- Frets/Type: 24 XJ
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Strap Button: Standard
- Tuners: LTD Locking
- Bridge: Schaller Hannes-8
- Neck Pickup: Dimarzio JR-CTM
- Bridge Pickup: Dimarzio JR-CTM
- Electronics: Passive
- Electronics Layout: Vol/Tone/5-Way Super Switch/Mini Switch (Split Coil)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Faded Brown Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Scratch and Dent, Faded Brown Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):