Featuring Alnico Classic PRO pickups and push/pull coil-tapping, the Epiphone G400 PRO left handed electric guitar pays tribute to classic SG design but with an added flair that makes it a true player's dream. The left-handed Epiphone G400 PRO guitar gives you the sound and look of a real SG without the vintage price tag and with the added tonal variety of single coil tones thanks to its coil tapping!
Built for Classic SG Performance
The lefty Epiphone G400 PRO is inspired by the late '60s era SGs and uses the same dimensions and build techniques as vintage SGs made in the Kalamazoo, Michigan, factory during that classic era. The solid, tone-rich mahogany carved body gives the G400 PRO a balanced feel on stage and in the studio.
The SlimTaper 'D' profile mahogany neck has a 24.75-inch scale with 24 frets and a 12-inch radius fingerboard for incredible reach thanks to the SG's classic cutaway. And for that one-of-a-kind SG feel, the left handed Epiphone G400 PRO has a rosewood fingerboard with a 1.68-inch nut. The truss rod cover is the classic Kalamazoo bell shape with SG PRO in white.
Alnico Classic PRO Power
Epiphone always finds a way to make improvements on their classic designs and the lefty G400 PRO is no exception. Now featuring Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO 4-wire humbuckers in the neck and bridge positions, the lefty G400 PRO offers a tonal palette that far exceeds any other guitar of its kind. The Alnico Classic PROs feature Alnico V magnets for terrific humbucker sustain with a huge dynamic range that can go from clean to crunch. The left handed G400 PRO features coil-tapping on both pickups via a push/pull control on the pickups' volume controls.
Epiphone Hardware You Can Trust
Epiphone provides quality, all-metal hardware on all its instruments including full-function volume and tone knobs using full-size 500K ohm potentiometers matched with Epiphone's rugged, all-metal, 3-way toggle pickup selector switch for long-lasting performance. The left handed G400 PRO features the famous LockTone bridge and Stopbar tailpiece which yields incredible sustain along with Wilkinson Vintage Classic 14:1 tuners for lifetime security.
The SG Story
When the SG, or 'Solid Guitar,' was introduced in 1961 as a replacement for the Les Paul Standard, it was called the 'fretless wonder' for its low frets and fast action. The twin horn cutaway design was like nothing on the market and its light but balanced weight made it the perfect guitar for stage and studio work. Later '60s models introduced the SG with humbucker pickups, and since then, the SG has became the go-to guitar for artists like The Who's Pete Townshend, Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi, Paul Weller, AC/DC's Angus Young, Eric Clapton and Derek Trucks of the Allman Brothers Band.
- Alnico Classic PRO 4-wire humbuckers for huge tone and great dynamic range
- Push/pull coil tapping for each pickup via volume knobs for single coil tones
- Lighter weight Wilkinson Vintage Classic tuners makes it perfectly balanced
- SlimTaper 'D' profile mahogany neck with a 24.75-inch scale
- 24 fret rosewood fingerboard with 12-inch radius
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75 inches
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pealoid Trapezoid inlays
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO; 4-wire
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO; 4-wire
- Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector
- Neck Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- Bridge Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- Neck Pickup Tone
- Bridge Pickup Tone
- Binding: None
- Fingerboard Radius: 12 inches
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1-11/16 inches
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Wilkinson Vintage Classics; 14:1 ratio
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs