eMedia Guitar MethodThe expanded version of the world's best-selling beginning guitar CD-ROM. There are 165 comprehensive lessons covering everything from the basics through chord strumming, playing melodies and fingerpicking. The modern rock chapter includes various contemporary strumming styles, movable power chords and power chord riffs. Now with over 50 full-motion videos including split-screens and close-ups of both hands. Includes an animated fretboard, multi-track audio, variable-speed MIDI and over 70 popular songs. This version also includes a rock version of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" in the style of Guns N' Roses. Also features an automatic tuner, digital metronome, one-track recorder and 250-chord dictionary!
165 Step-by-Step LessonsArranged in ten chapters, the lessons cover the basics from holding/stringing/tuning the guitar to playing chords and melodies, culminating in an explanation of fingerpicking styles and reading standard music notation. Lessons include a variety of exercises and songs. In total, there are over 30 full-motion videos and over three hours of audio and video! On-screen teacher Kevin Garry, Ph.D., provides clear and friendly instruction.
eMedia Intermediate Guitar MethodLearn to play lead guitar and more! Everything you need to take your playing beyond basic chords and melodies. The techniques are demonstrated in over 175 lessons with full-motion video, variable-speed MIDI, recorded audio and an animated fretboard. You'll learn to play solos like the ones Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix made famous, using your lead guitar skills. You'll also find rhythm and fingerstyle chapters, plus lessons on the basics of improvisation. The scale directory provides fingerings, recordings and variable-speed MIDI for over 200 scales. Additional accessories include an automatic tuner, digital metronome, recorder and 1000-chord dictionary with audio playback.
Features:- Music Notation or Tablature: Every screen can be displayed in either guitar tablature or standard music notation with an easily accessible menu option.
-Audio Tracking: Highlighting of the music and lyrics as they're heard makes it easy to follow along on guitar.
- Full Motion Video: Professional guitar instructor Kevin Garry, Ph.D., guides you in over 30 videos with demonstrations of techniques.
- Animated Fretboard: Watch the fretboard come alive with real-time display of notes, including bends, vibrato and slides! Includes both right- and left-handed views from both the perspective of looking down at your guitar and across at an instructor's guitar.
- Variable-speed MIDI: Slows down the audio to any tempo, while the Animated Fretboard shows song fingering as the music plays. Learn at the pace best suited to your skill level.
- 70+ Songs
- Over 175 Step-by-Step Lessons
- Scale Directory: Fingerings, recordings and variable-speed MIDI for over 150 scales make practicing and learning scales easy.
- Automatic Tuner: Tune your guitar quickly and easily. A precision gauge allows you to play into your computer's microphone and immediately get feedback to see if you're too high or too low. Full audio reference notes also provided.
- Chord Dictionary: Includes fingering charts and recorded sounds for over 1000 chords.
- Digital Metronome: Allows you to set your own tempo and work on your picking speed, rhythm and timing.
- Digital Recorder: allows you to compare your recordings with the instructor's version, fine tune your skills, and store musical ideas.
- Animated Fretboard: Watch the fretboard come alive with real-time display of notes, including bends, vibrato and slides
- Real Instrument Multi-tracking
- MIDI Tracks: variable-speed MIDI tracks for each song allow you to slow down the music and learn at whatever pace you like.
- Animated Jukebox
- Playing Tips: Instructional material presents the chords and tips needed to master the song. Tips for playing the bass part are also included.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of eMedia products.
Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
32 MB of free RAM
PC soundcard, CD-ROM Macintosh
Power PC (or faster), Intel OK
Mac OS X 10.2 or later
32 MB of free RAM
CD-ROM Songs:Rock Songs
"Behind Blue Eyes" -- The Who
"Baby, I Love Your Way" -- Peter Frampton (Played and sung by Peter Frampton!)
"Oye Como Va" -- made famous by Santana
"I'm the Only One" -- Melissa Etheridge
"Magic Man" -- Heart (recording by Roger Fisher, former guitarist of Heart!)
"That'll Be the Day" -- Buddy Holly
"Truckin'" -- Grateful DeadBlues Songs
"Before You Accuse Me" -- made famous by Eric Clapton
"The Sky is Cryin'" -- made famous by Stevie Ray Vaughan
"(Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay" -- Otis Redding
"Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" -- Jim Croce
"Take Me to the River" -- made famous by the Talking HeadsCountry Songs
"On the Road Again" -- Willie Nelson
"Blue Moon of Kentucky" -- made famous by Elvis Presley
"Georgia on My Mind" -- made famous by Ray Charles
"I Can't Make You Love Me" -- made famous by Bonnie RaittClassical Songs
"Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" -- Mozart
"Lullaby" -- Brahms
"Minuet" -- BachFolk
"Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child"
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 888-363-3424