The Electro-Voice ELX118P Live X powered subwoofer brings you an awesome live low-end solution. It was specifically engineered to work in perfect combination with the Electro-Voice ELX112P and ELX115P powered speakers, to ensure a live sound that is perfectly calibrated across the entire frequency spectrum. Weighing in at just under 70 pounds, this 18" sub utilizes a manageable and easily portable design. Like the rest of Electro-Voice's speakers with Class D amplification technology, it is surprisingly light and powerful for its power rating.
Don't Let the Size Fool You
The ELX118P powered subwoofer delivers 700 watts of power from a cabinet measuring 26 x 20 x 23 inches. It achieves this size-to-power ratio with its use of an excellent Electro-Voice Class D amplifier, which cuts down on the weight of the circuitry and also runs cooler without the need for added fans.
Massive Bass Boom for Any Room
The ELX118P's 9-ply 15 mm wood cabinet is internally braced to be highly durable while faithfully representing your low-end frequencies. Its sound never becomes "boxy," even when you push the volume to the limit. The killer Class D amplifier inside the Electro Voice ELX118P pushes the mighty EVS-18K 18-inch woofer. It delivers the most accurate bass reproduction in the ELX line, and is a joy to work with when you're crafting a precise live sound. An impressive maximum SPL rating of 126 dB makes it one of the more efficient amps for its size and weight as well.
The controls on the ELX118P are totally straightforward. It has a single XLR/TRS balanced stereo input, as well as an XLR balanced stereo output. It has its own Volume Level knob on the back panel. It can be run in Normal or Bass Boost modes. A handy Polarity Switch knob is also provided here.
Great with Any Full-Range Powered Speakers
Overall, the ELX118P was voiced and designed to be the perfect complement to the Electro-Voice ELX112P and ELX115P powered speakers. But if you want to integrate its tone with a pre-existing speaker rig, it'll serve well in any situation where you need a 700-watt subwoofer to hold down the low end. It's got integrated handles to make lugging it around much easier, and a built-in pole-mounting cup for sub-satellite applications.
- Integrated 700-Watt Class-D amplifier runs cool without fans
- EVS-18K 18-inch woofer
- 1 x XLR stereo input and output
- Pole mount for full-range systems
- Indicator Lights for Power on and Limit peak
- Logo switch toggles the backlit EV logo on or off
- 134 dB max SPL
- 9-ply/15 mm wood enclosure
- Internally braced for durability
- Integrated 35 mm pole socket
- Integrated handle
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Case Material: 9-ply, 15 mm Plywood, Internally Braced, with Texured Paint
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 42 Hz - 100 Hz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 32 Hz - 130 Hz
- Max. SPL/1m: 134 dB
- Speaker: (1) EVS-18K, 18-inch Woofer
- Crossover Frequency: 100 Hz
- Input: XLR/TRS Combo Jack
- Output: XLR Link
- Grill: 18GA Steel with Black Powdercoat
- Dimensions: 26.02 x 19.96 x 22.6 inches (661x507x574mm)
- Weight: 69.89 lbs (31.7 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 78 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 156 lbs
Electro Voice Warranty
Electro-Voice offers the following warranties: 5 years on speakers; 3 years on electronics; and 2 years on microphones.
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 800-392-3497
Optimized for performance with the ELX112P and ELX115P, the Electro-Voice ELX118P Live X Powered PA Sub adds a deep, low-frequency, amplified punch that you can hear and feel. With a super efficient 700-watt class D amplifier, the ELX118P can pump out tight bass for hours and hours without overheating which is great news for DJ's and live bands. XLR and TRS inputs plus the ability to pole mount for a full range system, the ELX118P is a great choice for an efficient, powerful, and easy to use subwoofer.
- Designed for House of Worship, Pro Music, and other applications
- 18-inch woofer for powerful, engaging bass response
- 32Hz - 130Hz frequency range; 134dB max SPL
- 700-watt Class D lightweight amplifier runs cool without fans
- Rugged wood cabinet which supports pole-mounted or stacked configurations
- Indicator Lights for Power on and Limit
- "Logo" switch toggles the backlit EV logo on or off, to fit any venue's environment