The Echo AudioFire 12 is perfect when you need a great multi-channel FireWire audio interface with professional-quality A/D conversion, but don't want to waste money on built-in preamps that you don't need.
Filling an Essential Void
Ah, the great digital conversion is underway. And if you're reading this, you probably know what that means: the gear in your rig doesn't always line up perfectly with the newest products on the market. Like many engineers and artists gradually converting to a digital setup, it's possible that you've already spent years building up a great collection of preamps for your mics and instruments. As a result, you probably now find yourself in a situation where you'd like a dependable FireWire-based computer interface with professional-grade A/D conversion, but don't want to drop mad money on an interface that comes with its own preamps on every channel. That's where Echo Audio comes to the rescue with the AudioFire 12!
A Straightforward Solution
The AudioFire 12 is the first digital audio interface on the marketplace to simply and elegantly offer 12 x 1/4-inch balanced analog inputs and outputs for recording and playback. It offers full duplex 12 channel ins and outs, operating at 192 kHz/24-bit resolution.
Dependable Software Interface
The Echo AudioFire 12 comes with straightforward proprietary software ready for Mac or PC, allowing you to monitor your dynamics and settings levels.
Plays Nice With Others
You'll notice that the AudioFire 12 has a second FireWire port on the back of the unit. It's there so that you can easily daisy chain the unit to another AudioFire 12 to expand your I/O to 24 independent channels!
The AudioFire 12 also comes equipped with a standard MIDI I/O and Word Clock for easy synching when working with these protocols.
Rock Solid and Easy to Transport
The AudioFire 12 comes in an attractive heavy-duty aluminum case. It mounts easily in your rack and takes up a single breakout box-sized space.
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a) interface
- 15' FireWire cable included
- 12 balanced 1/4" analog inputs
- Powered by standard 90-260VAC adapter
- Proprietary GUI software console for monitoring, metering, and level setting
- Super low-latency drivers will work all major pro audio software
- standard MIDI I/O
- Word Clock syncing
- 32-bit / 1.6 gigaflop DSP for digital mixing
- Full duplex 12 channel inputs and 12 channel outputs, at a 24 bit, 192kHz sample rate
- Rack mountable in a single space breakout box
- Attractive and heavy-duty aluminum case design
- 113dB (A-weighted) dynamic range
- +4dBu / -10dBV nominal levels
- 12 balanced 1/4" analog outputs
- 114dB (A-weighted) dynamic range
- +4dBu / -10dBV nominal levels
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
AudioFire12 offers the same high quality hardware and software as the AudioFire8, but with 12 balanced analog inputs and outputs for 24 bit 192kHz recording and playback. If you already have a mixer and tons of microphone / instrument preamps, but you need to get all that audio into your computer then the AudioFire12 is just for you.
The AudioFire12 has 12 balanced analog inputs and outputs (TRS), 2 FireWire ports, MIDI I/O, word clock synchronization, and 12 channels of full duplex 24 bit 192kHz recording and playback.