Four Channels of Classic DBX Compression!Fatten four tracks at once with the DBX 1046 four-channel compressor/limiter, fitting neatly into a 1U package that will deliver all the goods without eating up all the space in your rack. The 1046 is the perfect complement to a home recording studio or to any live sound reinforcement setup, allowing you to either use all four channels of classic DBX compression individually, or to couple them up into stereo pairs.
Smooth Operations, Proven DBX Technology: PeakStopPlus Limiter & OverEasy KneeThe DBX 1046 pulls its cues from some of DBX's classic compressors, including features like PeakStopPlus, a limiter on the output of the compressor that smooths over any egregious peaks coming out of the compressor, limiting the already compressed signal. This means that the 1046 will have no problem at all fitting into your existing chain of gear, and will actually act as a good buffer preventing overloads of anything that comes after it in sequence. The 1046 also features DBX's proven OverEasy compression, a soft-knee design which applies gain reduction to your signal just below the selected threshold level. OverEasy and a classic hard knee compression are switchable on each channel of the 1046.
Simple, No-Frills Design For AllThe front panel of the 1046 is easy to look at, understand, and, most importantly, use. It's economical in every sense; it takes up very little space, and gives you as much compression from one unit as you can get, giving you all the options that you need with no frills and nothing unnecessary, just pure, clean, compression.
Features:- Classic DBX compression, adding sustain and fatness to your signals while keeping dynamics under control in a live or studio context
- Four independent channels of compression that can be coupled in stereo pairs
- PeakStopPlus limiting control on the output, making sure you don't overload the rest of your system
- Threshold, Release, and switchable OverEasy and Hard Knee compression controls
- Balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs four each channel
- Switchable +4dBu or -10BV operation per channel
DBX has been an industry leader and standard for decades, from their 160 models found in most every professional studio for the past 50 years and beyond. The 1046 is a classic piece of the DBX sound, earning its deserved place in all environs, in the studio, out doing sound reinforcement, and anywhere else anyone needs high-quality sound in a compact package.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of DBX products.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Scratch and Dent, USED
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 801-568-7660
dbx 1046 Quad Compressor and LimiterIn today's recording and sound reinforcement environments, the need for multiple channels of high quality, easy to use compression is growing rapidly. The dbx 1046 is designed to provide the audio professional with just that: 4 channels of great sounding dbx compression for a variety of applications. Incorporating the industry standard dbx designs and manufacturing techniques, the dbx 1046 provides pristine sonic quality with that classic dbx sound.
The 1046 provides 4 channels of smooth classic dbx OverEasy or Hard Knee compression that are perfectly suited for use on individual tracks of your multitrack recorder, and in virtually all applications the separate channels can be individually interfaced and used for entirely independent purposes. Additionally the developed PeakStopPlus is ideal for protecting your system from the oppressive peaks that can take out valuable drivers in your sound reinforcement rig or studio monitors.
Features:- 4 independent channels of operation, stereo linkable in 2 pairs
- PeakStopPlus limiting control for setting maximum allowable level regardless of compressor settings
- Independent Threshold and Release controls
- Switchable OverEasy or Hard Knee compression
- Classic dbx compression
- Differentially balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4 in. inputs and outputs.
- True RMS level detection
- Precision metering of input level, output level, and gain reduction
- Dual True stereo or quad mono operation
- Switchable +4dBu or -10dBV operation per channel
Controls:- Threshold -- allows you to set the level at which the compressor starts affecting the gain
- OverEasy -- allows you to select between soft compression for overall gain control or Hard Knee compression based on the characteristics of the original dbx 160.
- Ratio -- allows you to set the slope of gain reduction affecting the signal over the threshold level.
- Input/Output Meter -- allows you to set the meter to check the input and output levels for maximum signal-to-noise ratio and best level matching.
- Output Gain -- allows you to add make-up gain or to adjust the output level for that channel to match the next device's input gain.
- Bypass -- hard wire bypass allows you to hear how the compressor is affecting your signal.
- PeakStopPlus -- allows you to set the maximum signal level you want to pass through this channel. While it's virtually impossible to eliminate distortion, the PeakStopPlus circuit does it gracefully and effectively with minimal distortion.
- Stereo Link -- allows you to link channels 1&2 and 3&4 for 2 channels of true stereo compression.
- All 4 channels feature balanced gold plated XLR and 1/4 in. inputs and outputs, and switchable +4dBu or -10dBV operating level to interface each individual channel with any other device.
- So whether you need to control the level, placement in the mix, or overall characteristics of 4 independent signals or control the gain leveling on a couple of stereo pairs, the dbx 1046 is for you.