The Cerwin Vega TS42 bass subwoofer is the loudest, deepest, and most powerful folded horn ever created by Cerwin-Vega Its magnificent design and outstanding features makes it ideal for use in the most challenging scenarios where vigorous bass is needed, such as live sound, installations, large venues, mobile DJs, and club applications.
Featuring a gigantic 21 inch woofer with advanced Stroker technology and delivering 144 dB of maximum SPL - better than two 18 inch folded horn speakers - the TS-42 raises the low frequency performance bar to the next level. The TS-42 Folded Horn delivers more bass per square inch than other subwoofer designs and includes a curved horn mouth bracing for smoother frequency response, a stunning cast aluminum C-Series door that acts as a functional heat sink, and extra deep pole cups for increased stability with full-range speakers.
The TS-42 is a big and sturdy speaker, but thanks to its integrated wheels and extra handles you are able to easily move and transport it.
The C-Series delivers more bass per square inch than other subwoofer designs and achieves new levels of performance. A new curved horn mouth bracing delivers smoother frequency response, a rugged new die cast aluminum door improves heat dissipation, and a redesigned, deeper pole cup with added reinforcement for improved top speaker stability. Integrated wheels plus a new Cerwin-Vega ergonomic handle make for easier transportability.
Folded Horn Technology
Cerwin-Vega's latest folded horn subwoofer systems utilize an incredibly efficient folded hyperbolic horn design. This enables the enclosure to contain a longer sound path which amplifies the bass frequencies while keeping the enclosure compact in size for portability. The path length and flare rate delivers bone crushing low-end down to 30Hz.
The design of practical, portable bass horns has always challenged audio engineers because low frequency wavelengths are so large (e.g., 22.5 ft/6.9 m at 50 Hz) that they require a long horn. The challenge to reduce the horn's dimensions without decreasing its length results in a technique that involves "folding" the horn. This technique collapses the physical dimensions of the horn without reducing its length by physically folding the horn within a cabinet.
The Cerwin-Vega folded horns have been acoustically optimized to achieve high output and low distortion while maintaining clarity and impact. Special attention to rear chamber, throat geometry, and horn profile results in a folded horn design that doesn't exhibit the typical horn coloration of competing products.
Cerwin-Vega folded horns, on average, produce 6 dB more output at 1 watt than a dual 18 inch vented box. This result is four times the output with half the number of drivers. Purchase costs are drastically reduced due to the need for fewer cabinets. A smaller number of cabinets is able to deliver a superior level of clean clear bass. Powering far fewer cabinets yields large cost savings in amplification. The net result is loud sub bass that moves enough air to blow the hairpiece off the competition.
Of course, the C-Series folded horn systems have integrated wheels and a new Cerwin-Vega ergonomic handle for easier transportability. The ergonomic design allows the Series to be moved by a single person.
- Newly designed 21 inch woofer with Stroker technology for increased output and reduced distortion
- Improved power handling to 2000 w
- Radial cooling fins located outside the aluminum Stroker pole, increase cooling and improve the TS-42's efficiency
- Stroker pole is vented out the back of the back plate for improved voice coil cooling
- Aluminum cooling ring above voice coil gap for improved heat transfer from the voice coil, providing improved power handling and reduced compression
- Stroker technology adds a third plane of suspension eliminating cone rocking and allows increased excursion while maintaining a tight gap that provides higher sensitivity
- The six magnet sections and the tunnels located between them, provide cooling below the top plate
- Rugged new die cast door provides improved heat dissipation & displays Stroker metal badge
- New curved horn mouth bracing for smoother frequency response
- Steel front corner bracing to improve cabinet strength
- Extra handles, ergonomic balanced design, and larger casters for easy handling
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Frequency Response: -3db 35 Hz - 215 Hz / -10db 33 Hz - 230 Hz
Power Capacity: 1000W (RMS) 2000 Peak
Recommended Amplifier Power: 1500 w - 2000 w @ 8 ohms
Input Connectors: (2) Neutrik Speakon
Sensitivity (1 w / 1 m): 108 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Maximum SPL: 144 dB
Voice Coil Diameter: 4 in.
Dimensions (H x W x D): 42.5 x 24 x 45.3 in. / 108 x 61 x 115 cm
Weight: 228.5 lbs / 103.6 kg
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 248 lbs