The 14 Maple belongs to Cordoba's Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8"). With 14 frets to the body, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally, the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include a cutaway body style, Fishman Presys Blend pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher-tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba's Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Maple is built with a solid European spruce top and flamed maple back and sides. The neck has 14 frets to the body, and has an ebony fingerboard. The bridge, binding, and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. The Maple is equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
The 14-fret model has a more familiar upper register for steel-string players. The bridge is shifted slightly forward from the center of the soundboard, increasing ease of playability for the steel string or electric player. More frets are exposed, creating an easier territory for soloing.
- Solid Spruce Top
- Flamed Maple Back and Sides
- Mahogany Neck
- Ebony Fingerboard
- 14 Fret Neck-to-body Construction/22 Total Frets
- Radiused Neck & Fingerboard (16")
- Standard Thickness
- 1 7/8" (48mm) nut width
- 640mm (25.2") scale length
- Fishman Presys Blend Electronics
- Natural Finish
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Cordoba Guitars products.
- Top: Solid European Spruce Top
- Back & Sides: Flamed Maple Back and Sides
- Binding/Bridge: Indian Rosewood Binding & bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: Double Maple and Ebony top purfling
- Rosette: All wood inlaid Ring-style rosette
- Finish: High Gloss PU finish, natural color
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Ebony Radiused fingerboard (16")
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Neck & Fingerboard: 640mm (25.2") scale length, 1 7/8" (48mm) nut width
- Number of Frets: 14 to body, 22 total
- Bracing/Build: Cutaway electric, X fan bracing pattern
- Body Width & Length: 375mm (14.75") width at lower bout, 1,003mm (39.5") total length
- Body Depth: Standard Spanish Classical Body Depth, 95mm upper bout / 100mm lower bout (3.7 / 3.9")
- Tuning Machines: Der Jung Silver Tuning Machines w/Ebony Buttons
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend electronics
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Comes in a Cordoba Polyfoam Case
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs