For "bedroom guitarists" who love jamming along with their favorite songs, the ultimate musical companion has arrived. The Boss JS-8 eBand is a portable all-in-one audio player that's packed with big features. WAV and MP3 files can be loaded and played by eBand, and the tempo and pitch can be changed. Plug in your guitar and jam along using the powerful onboard COSM(R) preamp and BOSS effects. You can minimize the pre-recorded vocals or guitar parts with the Center Cancel feature for minus-one play, and record and save your jams. There's even a library of backing tracks and rhythms onboard, plus a built-in tuner and metronome.
- Imports and plays audio files (WAV and MP3)
- Pitch and tempo control of imported songs
- Guitar/Mic input with dedicated input control; headphone output
- Custom-tuned speakers for powerful playback
- COSM Preamp and 100+ effects derived from BOSS GT-10
- EZ Tone function provides the ultimate easy-to-use, intuitive approach to sound creation based on graphic icons
- 300 audio-loop phrases onboard for backing tracks and rhythms (some include companion guitar effects pre-programmed to match the loops)
- Tuner and metronome built in
- Records and saves your guitar performances
- USB audio interface for direct link to and from PCs
- Play songs from USB memory stick
- Import your favorite songs from audio CD to eBand with included utility software (PC/Mac)
BOSS FX Onboard
The JS-8 eBand is loaded with high-quality BOSS effects derived from the GT-10, including over 100 powerful guitar sounds that span a variety of genres. It also features the famous COSM preamp from the GT-10. Using eBands Guitar/Mic input, you can apply the internal processing to your guitar or voice.
EZ TONE Sound Wizard
Creating your own sounds is simple with the Boss JS-8 eBand. The EZ TONE feature provides a quick, intuitive approach to tone creation based on graphic icons and a Tone Grid. Youll be programming at the speed of sound!
SDHC memory cards of up to 32GB can be plugged into the Boss JS-8 eBand, letting you store thousands of WAV/MP3-format songs per card. eBand also lets you play WAV/MP3 files directly from USB memory stick, expanding your data storage and file-management options. (The Boss JS-8 eBand comes with a 1GB SD card)
Phrase Trainer is a feature packed function on the Boss JS-8 eBand convenient for practicing phrases from imported songs. Phrase Trainer includes functions to control pitch and tempo of imported songs, Center Cancel for minimizing the guitar or vocal parts from pre-recorded audio, and AB repeat. Now you can learn phrases without feeling any stress, with the help of the Boss JS-8 eBand.
The Boss JS-8 eBand Functions As a USB Audio Interface
The Boss JS-8 eBand can be used as a USB audio interface, allowing the audio signals from eBand (audio-player sound + live guitar/vocal sound) to be transferred to PC via USB. As a result, JS-8 eBand audio can be recorded into DAW software on your PC. Furthermore, audio from PC can be played back on eBand. This means eBand can function as USB speakers for your PC.
There are many other notable features packed into eBand, including an internal recorder for capturing your guitar performances as you play along with songs or backing tracks. And speaking of backing tracks, 300 audio-loop phrases are onboard for jam-along inspiration. Of course eBand is also equipped with the essential built-in tuner and metronome.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Memory Capacity: Depends on the SD/SDHC Card (128 MB 32 GB)
Data Type: JS-8 Songs (Recording/Playback), MP3 (Bit rate: 64 kbps 320 kbps, Playback only), WAV (Quantization Bit Rate: 8/16/24-bit, Playback only)
External Memory: USB Memory
AD Conversion: 24-bit + AF method* (GUITAR/MIC IN), 24-bit (LINE IN)
DA Conversion: 24-bit
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
Effect Patch Memories
- Preset: 130, User: 100
- AMP (Amp Modeling)
- FX (OD/DS, WAH, COMP, LIMITER, OCTAVE, AC.PROCESSOR, PHASER, FLANGER, TREMOLO, ROTARY, UNI-V, PAN)
- EQ (Equalizer)
- NS (Noise Suppressor)
- JS-8 Songs: 250 min. (1GB), 8,060 min. (32GB)
- WAV/16-bit/Stereo: 90 min. (1GB), 3,020 min. (32GB)
- MP3/128 kbps/Stereo: 1,040 min. (1GB), 33,330 min. (32GB)
- * The above-listed capacities are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
Nominal Input Level:
- GUITAR/MIC IN: -20 dBu (INPUT GAIN=GUITAR), -32 dBu (INPUT GAIN=MIC), AUX IN: -15 dBu
- GUITAR/MIC IN: 1 M ohm
- AUX IN: 22 k ohms
Nominal Output Level:
- PHONES: -10 dBu, LINE OUT: -10 dBu
- PHONES: 44 ohms, LINE OUT: 1 k ohm
Display: 132 x 64 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
USB: Supports file transfer (mass storage class) and audio
Connectors: GUITAR/MIC IN (1/4 inch phone type), AUX IN (Stereo miniature phone type), PHONES (Stereo miniature phone type), LINE OUT (RCA phono type), EXP PEDAL/CTL 1,2 (1/4 inch TRS phone type), USB Memory (USB A), USB (USB B), DC IN
Current Draw: 400 mA
Accessories Included: AC adaptor (PSB-1U), SD card (1 GB), Owners Manual, Roland Service (Information Sheet)
Options: Footswitch (FS-5U), Dual Footswitch (FS-6), Expression Pedal (FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5), Footswitch Cable (Roland PCS-31L)
Size and Weight:
- Width: 264 mm10-7/16 in.
- Depth: 166 mm6-9/16 in.
- Height: 201 mm7-15/16 in.
Weight: 1.7 kg3 lbs. 12 oz.
* Weight excluding AC adaptor
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
* AF (Adaptive Focus) method: Adaptive Focus is a unique Roland/BOSS technology that allows the signal noise (S/N) ratios of AD converter to be vastly improved.
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 323-890-3700