Boss DD-500 Digital Delay Pedal
Filled with recently developed BOSS technology, the DD-500 is the most powerful and versatile stompbox delay ever created. This incredible sound-creation toolbox offers 12 distinctive delay modes with exceptional audio quality, plus deep editing controls, a graphic display, patch memories, MIDI, and much more. From basic echo to dead-on emulations of classic delays to incredibly lush spatial textures that take your breath away, the DD-500 will launch your music places you never thought possible.
Hear what the DD-500 digital delay can do in this zZounds exclusive video demo:
With the DD-500's 12 delay modes, you can create any delay sound you can imagine, and then some. Everything you need is here, from warm, gritty vintage delays and tape echo to complex modern delay lines that employ pitch shifting, filtering, and other unique processing. With the hands-on knobs, it's easy to shape essential parameters and create great sounds immediately. Each delay type also includes a semi-parametric four-band EQ, modulation, ducking, and many other parameters, allowing you to dive deep and refine tones with maximum precision.
In the DD-500, every delay mode has been carefully crafted for a unique sonic personality and highly musical tones at every setting, realized by high-powered DSP running at 32-bit/96 kHz. And while the DD-500's delay effects are high-end digital, your straight guitar tone remains 100-percent analog at all times, with your choice of buffered or true-bypass operation. In addition to strengthening the analog dry signal, buffered bypass has the added benefit of enabling carryover, so delay trails are not cut off unnaturally when the effect is switched off.
In the world of sophisticated delay stomps, the DD-500 stands alone in practical usability. The large, integrated LCD fully supports the pedal's immense capabilities, giving you clear visibility of delay time, patch ID, and more on one screen, plus sane navigation for detailed parameter tweaks, naming, and system management. And via USB, it's simple to connect to your computer for patch backup and MIDI control with your favorite DAW.
With its freely assignable controls, the DD-500 delivers unmatched creative expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for two patches, bypass, bank selection, tap tempo, and more. However, they can be customized to operate in alternate ways, such as providing top-level access to three different delay patches, or allowing you to use two patches at once for layered delay sounds. Instead of tap tempo, you're able to assign the TAP/CTL switch to various real-time functions like Warp or Twist for a wide range of expressive effects. Even more parameters can be manipulated via an expression pedal or external switches (not included), and MIDI I/O opens up many additional control options with advanced setups.
Boss gives you a taste of what the DD-500 Digital Delay is capable of:
- Studio-level stereo sound with 32-bit/96 kHz processing throughout
- 12 versatile delay modes from vintage to modern deliver unlimited creative possibilities
- Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches
- Graphic LCD for easy, intuitive operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Equipped with a built-in Phrase Looper, MIDI, USB, and more
- Selectable buffered or true-bypass operation
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.
- Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Delay Modes: 12 modes
- VINTAGE DIGITAL
- TERA ECHO
- SLOW ATTACK
- Maximum delay time: 10 sec.(depends on delay mode)
- Phrase loop: 60 sec. (96 kHz/MONO, 48 kHz/STEREO), 120 sec. (48kHz/MONO) Delay can be applied.
- Patches: 198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])
- Pedals: Foot switch x 3 [A][B][TAP/CTL]
- Knobs: MODE, TIME/VALUE, FEEDBACK, E.LEVEL, TONE, MOD DEPTH
- Display: Graphic LCD (128 x 62 dots, backlit LCD) x 1
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass or True bypass(with relays)- Connectors:
- INPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TSR phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B USB-MIDI
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (not included)
- Current Draw: 190 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.) Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 6-3/4 x 5-7/16 x 2-1/2" (170 x 138 x 62mm)
- Weight: (including battery) 2 lbs 4 oz (1 kg)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):