Sooner or later, everyone needs a compact stereo mixer. Maybe you're a band that needs to plug in a couple of mics to your practice space PA. Maybe you're a small venue that wants to host coffeeshop-style acoustic performances and play music between sets. Or perhaps you're a podcaster looking for a mixer that won't take up much space on your desk. The Behringer XENYX 802 delivers the inputs and outputs you need for an incredible price-to-performance ratio: two clean microphone preamps with +48V phantom power, two pairs of stereo 1/4" inputs for line-level sources, and RCA "CD/Tape" inputs and outputs for playing back music and recording your mix to an outboard device. Dial in lows, mids and highs with three-band British-style EQ, plus send each of the XLR and 1/4" inputs to an effects bus with a dedicated FX send pot on each channel. For this price, you might expect the XENYX 802 to be nothing special -- but this compact 2-bus mixer has so many useful applications, you just might end up using it for years to come.
Small Size, Big Sound
The portable XENYX 802 measures only 7.4" wide by 8.7" high -- small enough to fit in any desktop recording setup, DJ booth, stage rig. It's also rugged enough to toss in your backpack -- and at just 2.2 pounds, it couldn't be easier to carry your 802 around. But this mixer's small size belies its versatility and performance. With two XENYX microphone preamps at the heart of the system, you'll be able to make the most of your microphones, adding plenty of clean gain. Behringer products are known for their low-noise design, and with plenty of headroom, the 802 mixer is no exception. Shape your sound further with three wide bands of British-style EQ -- 12 kHz, crisp presence at 2.5 kHz, and deep lows at 80 Hz -- on both mic inputs and both pairs of line inputs.
Plenty of I/O for Effects and Monitoring
Would you rather twist physical knobs than mouse a volume control on a computer screen? Take hands-on control with the Behringer XENYX 802. With a 1/4" stereo headphone jack and a pair of 1/4" Control Room outs in addition to the Main Mix pair of 1/4" outs, it's easy to control your headphone volume and speaker volume separately. And if you're a keyboardist mixing a couple of boards plus a live mic on stage, you can use the 802's two pairs of stereo outs to send separate levels to your own amp and to the main PA. Plus, the XENYX 802 has a post-fader aux bus you can use to enhance your sound with outboard effects like reverb or delay. Simply send any of your mic or line inputs to an external processor through the 1/4" aux output, and return the processed stereo signal through a pair of 1/4" aux return jacks. Plus, assign the "CD/Tape" RCA inputs to the main mix or control room/phones outputs -- great for playing back music in between sets in a live performance situation.
- Analog 2-bus mixer with 8 inputs
- Two XENYX microphone preamplifier channels with +48V phantom power
- Two stereo 1/4" line input channels for keyboards, electronic drums or other line-level stereo sources
- RCA "CD/tape" stereo inputs and outputs for playing back music or sending mix to an external recorder
- Post-fader effects send on all channels for use with external reverb units and more
- Separate main mix, control room, and headphone stereo outputs
- British-style 3-band EQs with wide Q for warm, musical sound
- Tough build quality with durable components for live or studio use
Compact mixers don't get much more affordable than the Behringer XENYX 802. With eight inputs in an incredibly compact footprint, it's hard to beat. Factor in the XENYX mic preamps and musical, wide-band British-style EQ to help shape your sound, and you've got a surprisingly solid little mixer that'll fit into any desk recording setup, small venue PA, or portable rig.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Need to accommodate a vocal duo in a hurry? Got a small choir in need of a little projection? The Behringer 802 mixer has everything you need to give a small multi-vocal performance a robust sound.
A Bit of Input
The 8-input, 2-bus XENYX 802 has two XENYX mic preamps with +48 V phantom power, making it possible to use two dynamic or condenser microphones. The three-band British EQ is lauded throughout the sound engineering world for its warm, musical sound. You can use the 802's effects send and return jacks to hook up to an external effects processor.
Play music between sets via the RCA CD/Tape inputs (assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs) and record your performance to an outboard recording device via the RCA outputs.
Weighing in at just 2.2 pounds, the XENYX 802 is the portable, practical way to turn a small performance with multiple vocalists into a sonic gem. Choirs, folk duos, coffee shops and karaoke lounges agree the XENYX 802 packs superior sound into small places.
Lending optimum sound quality to small-scale performances has never been this easy or affordable. The XENYX 802 provides incredible versatility at a price other mixers in this class simply cannot touch.
- Premium low-noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 2 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- 1 post fader FX send per channel for external FX devices
- 1 stereo aux return for FX applications or as separate stereo input
- Main mix outputs plus separate control room, phones and stereo CD/tape outputs
- CD/tape inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany