Whether in a recording studio or a live context, there's nothing worse than running out of channels. Not only is it annoying, but in a pro audio situation, it can be a downright liability. You don't want artists refusing your future service because you can't provide them with all the inputs their twelve-piece, two-drummer, afro-bengali groove-funk outfit requires. The Behringer SX2442FX Eurodesk boasts a whopping 24 channels of audio, including 16 fully fledged microphone channel strips outfitted with XENYX preamps and three-band "British" EQ -- because sounding great is just as important as having enough channels.
Huge Channel CountJust try getting this many channels anywhere near this price from a different manufacturer. You can't. Behringer's manufacturing output makes it possible for them to offer an incredibly low price for professional-grade audio equipment. With 24 microphone channels, and an additional eight line inputs arranged in stereo pairs, you'll be able to mix rock bands, chamber groups, pit orchestras, choirs, worship services, and a whole lot more. In addition to the 24 true input channels, the SX2442FX gives you four subgroups for assigning group inputs to a single fader. Use the subgroups to control an entire drum kit or all the backup signers from a single volume fader, or use them to create specific monitor mixes for different performers. You also get a mono output that can be used as a center channel, a monitor send, or a subwoofer send. This may seem like a lot of routing options, but the Behringer SX2442FX is just giving you what any serious venue needs.
Pro-Quality SoundBehringer Eurodesk mixers certainly do not champion quantity over quality. Each of the 24 microphone channels features Behringer's crystal-clear XENYX preamps, renowned for their low self-noise and transparent gain architecture. They make the perfect complement to the three-band "British" EQ on channels 1 through 28. By "British," Behringer means the kind of warm, musical equalization (or "equalisation") that British console manufacturers specialize in. In stark contrast to the surgical EQs found on most American-designed consoles, the SX2442FX's British EQ makes it easy to dial frequencies in (or out) in a way that always sounds "pleasant" to the listener. In other words, it's hard to make this board sound bad.
Built-In 24-Bit EffectsTo further sweeten your sound, the Behringer SX2442FX has its own effects processing built right in. Instead of having to spend thousands on racks of outboard processing gear, all your compressors, reverbs, gates, delays, and other effects are right in the box. The Eurodesk's dual, 24-bit digital effects processors let you make use of two independent stereo effects for use in your mix. You even get oft overlooked effects like Ultrabass, Ultramizer and Exciter -- algorithmic audio processes that can mean the difference between a good mix and an amazing mix. Not mention. . .
Automatic Feedback DetectionTypically you'd need to buy a separate unit dedicated to the destruction of feedback, but the Behringer Eurodesk SX2442FX comes with an intuitive and effective system built in. Just activate the FBQ, and watch the LED's under the seven-band master EQ light up, indicating problem bands for whatever space you're working in. Simply adjust the EQ until the LED dims. . . it couldn't be easier. Feedback is the biggest literal headache for any live sound system, and the SX2442FX makes feedback problems a thing of the past.
Give your venue the sound it deserves, and the sound that serious musicians demand. Pick up a Behringer SX2442FX Eurodesk mixer at an unbeatable price from zZounds.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Behringer products.
- 16 XENYX Mic Preamps
- Two stereo input channels with 4-band EQ plus 2 additional stereo input channels with Level and pre-fader Aux controls
- Neo-classic British 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band
- Two independent 24-bit stereo FX processors with 100 presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- High-precision 9-band stereo graphic EQ for monitor or main mixes
- FBQ Feedback Detection system
- Peak LEDs, Mute, Main mix and subgroup routing switches, Solo and PFL functions on all channels
- Inserts on each mono channel and main mix for flexible connections to outboard processors
- 4 Subgroup outputs and additional Mono output with sweepable Low Pass filter for subwoofer application
- 4 Aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Balanced Main mix outputs with 1/4 inch jacks and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate Control room, Headphone and stereo Tape outputs
- Solo-In-Place and Pre-Fader-Listen functions plus full-featured Talkback section
- Standby switch mutes all channels during breaks while background music is provided via CD/Tape inputs
- Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Internal auto-ranging power supply (100 - 240 V)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 23 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 702-800-8290
Product DescriptionThe Behringer SX2442FX Analog Mixer is a four bus mixer that features XENYX microphone preamps. Mono input channels feature three-band, semi-parametric mid-range EQ with Neo-classic British response. Stereo input channels provide four band equalization. Each input has four aux sends; with two sends switchable between pre/post fader, for a flexible mix of monitor and effects applications.
External signal processing racks can be largely eliminated, thanks to the SX Series' two integrated effects processors and stereo 9-band graphic EQ. One-hundred 24-bit / 96kHz studio-quality effects presets can be called-up and assigned to one or both internal effects buses. Main or Monitor output EQ is set and fine-tuned with the intuitive FBQ Feedback Detection display.
When external processing is required, the SX Series provides extensive insert patch-points for input channels and main outputs. The Master section offers features such as multiple aux and stereo returns, switchable SIP / PFL monitoring, Talkback, metering and more.
An internal auto-ranging power supply (100 - 240V), gold-plated XLR output connectors and rugged steel construction ensure that the SX Series consoles will travel anywhere.