Any producer will tell you, great recordings are born in the control room. The song may be solid, the band tight, and the energy high, but none of that will matter if the mix is weak. Studio engineers rely on their ears to guide them through the mixing process, so they need to trust their reference monitors are accurate. Behringer's B2031A monitors let all of your music through without coloring the sound for a dead-on mix, every time.
Ultra-Linear Frequency Response
Home- and project-studio engineers are often frustrated due to studio mixes that fall flat when played through car speakers or a home stereo. Most consumer audio systems are tuned to anticipate what listeners like, and compensate for less-than-ideal listening conditions. A little extra bass in the control room can lead to boomy muddiness in the car. Too much treble becomes shrill and brassy when those frequencies are boosted yet again. The B2031A's ultra-linear frequency response from 50Hz up to 21kHz assures you're hearing your music, not the monitors. The pair is shipped with individual frequency diagrams so you'll know exactly what to expect. When your mix is right, consumer audio systems will enhance your songs instead of pushing them past their limits.
Most small studios are outfitted with bookshelf-style nearfield monitors to conserve space. With small-format cabinets, faithful bass response is particularly important. When you're trying to capture the rumbling thunder of the bass guitar, that big 15-inch sound has to come out of a much smaller driver. Behringer's 8.75-inch long-throw woofer is pushed by a dedicated 150-Watt amplifier for tight, articulate lows, even at high SPL's. You can crank these babies up to 116 dB, much louder than you'll ever want to mix at, and still hear individual bass notes with clarity and presence. With the groove firmly established on the recording, it will be much easier for your audience to connect with your music.
High frequencies are produced with a one-inch Ferrofluid-cooled dome tweeter. The sound is transparent and airy to save wear on your ears and create a more natural listening experience. Nothing kills a mixing session faster than fatigue brought on by harsh highs. These speakers let you mix longer and with more focus, for speedy completion and sparkling results. The powerful 75-Watt tweeter amplifier will push guitars, vocals, and cymbals up above the groove, so you can position each sound in its own space through the stereo field. As a part of the front bezel, Behringer's waveguide technology controls the high-end dispersion for a well-defined stereo image and a massive sweet spot. You can pan the drums across the entire spread for 70's style tom rolls, or tighten them up for a more authentic, true-to-life drum sound. You'll hear exactly where everything sits and make precise adjustments instead of hoping for the best. Individual instruments won't have to compete for attention in the mix. You can blend all the sonic elements to work together, just like the pro's do.
Active Crossover Network
Advanced electronics help manage every frequency in the spectrum for the most efficient playback of your music. The 2kHz active crossover network uses fourth-order Linkwitz-Riley filters for the smoothest midrange transition between the woofer and tweeter. Each frequency is reproduced by the most capable driver for tight, controlled audio from low to high. This reduces unwanted distortion and boosts clarity, so each sound comes through the mix just as you intended.
Servo-balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS inputs prevent noise from entering the signal path. Electrical hum and radio frequency interference are rejected, keeping your mix clean from the board to the cabinet. The die-cast chassis resists deformation at high volume and cuts down on mechanical noise from internal resonance. The cabinet is built with environmentally friendly E1-MDF material for its rigidity and vibration dampening properties. All these elements work together to provide you with tight, accurate sound, regardless of the type of music you mix. From the sickest metal to the slickest pop, it all comes through loud and clear.
Room Compensation and Magnetic Shielding
Nearfield monitors usually sound their best with at least eighteen inches of air between them and the nearest wall. Home-studio engineers know this isn't always practical, though, because of the space constraints. Fortunately, B2031A's have a room compensation switch to let you tailor the mix to any studio layout. You can place them up against a wall or even in a corner if you have to, and still get accurate playback. No more guessing on your fader moves, only to find out later you made the wrong choice. Since many small studios are designed around a computer recording solution, Behringer magnetically shielded these monitors to protect your CRT screens and hard drives from damage. Whether you use an old reel-to-reel tape system or the most modern digital platform, your 2031A's will fit right in.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Audio Inputs XLR Connector: Servo-balanced input
- 1/4 in. TRS: Servo-balanced input
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Maximum input level: +22dBu
- Components Tweeter: 1 in. ferrofluid-cooled dome
- Woofer: 8-3/4 in. polypropylene diaphragm
- Amplifiers Low Frequency: Maximum 150 Watts
- High Frequency: Maximum 75 Watts
- Noise: <10 dBA @ 1M (each)
- Crossover Type: Active, 4th order Linkwitz-Riley
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- System Specifications Frequency Response: 50Hz to 21kHz
- Sound Pressure Level: Maximum 116dB SPL @ 1M (pair)
- Power Supply Voltage (USA/Canada): 120V~, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 1.1A, standby 120mA
- Fuse: 100 - 120 V~: T 5 A H 250 V
- Mains Connection: Standard IEC connector
- Physical Dimensions: 15-3/4 x 9-13/16 x 11-3/8 in. (400 x 250 x 290mm)
- Weight: 33 lbs. (15 kg)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 72 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 702-800-8290
Behringer has upgraded their B2031 studio monitors to a professional level of transparency, power, accuracy and versatility for the home studio - at an amazing price. These high-resolution, active monitors provide XLR and 1/4 in. TRS balanced inputs, very neutral sound and an extremely flat frequency response (50Hz - 21kHz). They're loaded with 150W (lows) and 75W (highs) power amps, separately controlled limiters, long-throw 8-3/4 in. woofers for deep, tight bass, ferrofluid-cooled HF drivers, unique wave guides, and extremely low-distortion active crossover networks with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters. They deliver excellent dispersion & stereo imaging and a large "sweet spot". The B2031A is adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions or subwoofer combinations and magnetic shielding allows placement near computer/video monitors. Truth monitors are delivered in matched pairs.
- Ultra-linear frequency response from 50Hz to 21kHz with individual frequency diagrams
- Built-in 150- and 75-Watt power amps with enormous power reserve
- Ultra high-resolution ferrofluid-cooled tweeter
- Long-throw 8-3/4 in. woofer with special polypropylene diaphragm and deformation-resistant aluminum die-cast chassis
- Controlled dispersion characteristics and extremely large "sweet spot" owing to the unique Behringer wave guide technology
- Active crossover network with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions and subwoofer operation
- Separately controlled limited for low and high frequency overload protection
- Automatic standby mode (defeatable)
- Magnetic shielding allows placement near computer monitors
- Delivered as "matched pairs" with individual frequency diagrams
- Low-vibration and environment-friendly E1 MDF cabinet
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR and 1/4 in. connectors
- Designed in Germany. Manufactured under ISO9000 certified management system