The Behringer B1800D PRO Eurolive active subwoofer is a thoughtfully designed sub with a massive 1400 watts of power. It utilizes a powerful 18-inch long-excursion speaker that is specially designed to maintain perfect tonal consistency with excellent heat gain management. It delivers its clean yet powerful bass with a Behringer-designed Class D amplifier. This powered sub comes with highly musical control knobs for obtaining maximal control over your sound.
Many Thoughtful and Useful Features
The Behringer B1800D PRO Eurolive is distinguished by a number of unique features that set it apart from most powered subwoofers. First of all, its state-of-the-art 1400-watt Class-D amplifier utilizes innovative active electronics to monitor and automatically adjust for dynamic over-excursion, thermal gain, and over-peak limit protection. This ensures that your sound is always great and that your speakers are protected from unforeseen dynamic surges or cross-feeds. There is a built-in active stereo crossover that delivers true high-pass filtered output when the sub is used in conjunction with full-range satellite loudspeakers. There is a variable High Cut control to get the sound aligned properly. Finally, tunable Bass Boost and a Phase switch allow for maximal control over your low-frequency.
Dial In Your Low-End Punch
The B1800D PRO's Boost Frequency knob gives you a linear frequency selector with range between 45 Hz and 90 Hz. The Boost switch then gives your selected frequency a +6 dB boost. The B1800D also features a High Cut dial to assure that the overtones of your low-end signal are crisp and well defined. A Level knob gives you a wide margin of input gain. There is also a Phase switch to reverse the output phase in case you encounter phase cancellations between the subwoofer and tops. Bright and attractive LEDs show you power status, signal present, and signal peaks at a glance.
Ready For Whatever You Throw At It
The B1800D PRO features balanced XLR ins and outs. The balanced XLR Thru jacks allow you to daisy chain with additional enclosures.
Don't Let The Size Fool You
The B1800D PRO Eurolive delivers its 1400 watts of power from a cabinet measuring 33 x 28 x 28 inches. It achieves this size-to-power ratio with one of Behringer's custom-designed Class-D amplifiers. These cut down on the weight of the circuitry and also run cooler without the need for added fans.
- Integrated 1400-W Class-D amplifier
- Powerful 18-inch long-excursion transducer with high temperature voice coils
- 2 x XLR balanced inputs
- 2 x XLR balanced outputs
- 2 x XLR balanced Thru jacks
- 6 dB bass boost with adjustable 45 - 90 Hz range
- Integrated pole mount for full-range systems
- Indicator Lights for Power, Signal, and Limit
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Behringer's Eurolive B1800D PRO active subwoofer is destined to become the standard in low-frequency reproduction. Packed with an incredible array of truly professional features, these brutes provide extreme levels of low-end punch, with the kind of definition and clarity typically reserved for much larger systems.
- High-performance 1400-Watt powered subwoofer for PA applications
- Powerful 18-inch long-excursion transducer with high temperature voice coil provides incredibly accurate and pulse-pounding bass
- Extremely high sound pressure level (127 dB half space 1 W @ 1 m)
- Precise reproduction of ultra-low frequencies (35 - 150 Hz) for "bulletproof" punch and impact
- State-of-the-art 1400-Watt Class-D amplifier with comprehensive over-excursion, thermal and clip limit protection
- Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers
- Tunable and switchable Bass Boost plus Phase switch for ultimate low-frequency performance
- Variable High Cut control for perfect sound alignment
- Subwoofer Level control to adjust the balance between subwoofer and the full-range speakers
- Power, Signal and Clip LEDs for perfect monitoring
- Intelligent limiter for maximum sound performance and woofer protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Pole socket for mounting with commercial spacer poles
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy transport
- Rugged steel grill for optimal speaker protection
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
Class-D amplifiers (with switch-mode power supplies) drive the custom-designed low frequency drivers for sonically optimized output. And the best part of all--the B1800D PRO provides a much better power-to weight ratio than many competing active subwoofers. Powered by 1400 Watts through 18-inch speakers. As always, the speakers are made by Behringer in their own factory.
Put simply, these cool-running systems are much lighter, making them ultra-easy to transport and set up-- and their no-compromise design means you get amazingly-deep, chestpounding bass that will keep the party going all night long. They'll add needed bottom-end to your active full-range speaker system.
What is Class-D Technology?
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means the amps don't need massive heat sinks, and that means we can make them lighter. Behringer's no-compromise design means the B1800D PRO will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don't require huge and heavy transformers, the Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
The transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part of a sound system you actually hear, so we don't cut any corners. We custom-design and built their transducers from scratch. Not only do we wind their own voice coils, we process the paper pulp into cones and even machine their own backplates. This enables them to control the quality, and frankly, make better components.
The B1800D PRO features balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR THRU jacks for connecting additional enclosures. A Boost Frequency knob targets a boost frequency between 45 Hz and 90 Hz. Flick the Boost switch to give your selected frequency a +6 dB boost. These subs also feature a HIGH CUT dial to control the upper corner frequency for the subwoofer's amplifier. The High Cut dial does not affect the THRU signals, only signals directed to the subwoofer (however, it does affect the signals sent out through the Output sockets of the subwoofer to reach the full-range speakers). A Level knob controls the input gain, and the PHASE switch reverses output phase to compensate for frequency cancellation between the subwoofer and satellite speakers. LEDs show operational status at a glance, including power, signal present and input overloads.
Which Speaker Do I Need?
As you have probably noticed, we make these subwoofers in two different woofer sizes. Which one is right for you? An 18-inch woofer has more surface area with which to move air than a 15-inch. If you're engineering sound for a small jazz combo in a small club, the B1500D PRO might be all the speaker you need. If you need to provide pounding techno sounds to a standing room only nightclub, the B1800D PRO might be the better choice.
Plenty of power, light weight, amazing sound, tough durability and affordability-- with the B1800D PRO you get it all.