Stop shouting into your computer's built-in microphone and start enjoying a higher level of professional quality with the Audio-Technica AT2020 USB condenser microphone.
The USB Version of the AT2020 Condenser
Based on Audio-Technica's hugely popular AT2020 XLR microphone, this USB version has the same outstanding build quality, high SPL handling, and unique low-mass diaphragm as the original, with the addition of a USB output for connecting directly to your computer -- no audio interface or preamp required. With its built-in analog-to-digital conversion, this mic delivers 44.1 or 48 kHz 16-bit audio directly to your recording software -- making it ideal for recording podcasts, laying down voiceover, or recording demos at home.
Record Vocals, Guitars, Drums and More
What makes the AT2020 USB microphone such a solid choice for home recording? Flexibility is key. Audio-Technica's innovative back-electret capsule design means an exceptionally thin, responsive diaphragm that's great at capturing the fast transients of acoustic guitars or cymbals. And with a maximum sound pressure level rating of 144 dB SPL, the AT2020 USB is a solid choice for tracking loud drums and screaming guitar amps. Of course, as a cardioid large-diaphragm condenser, the AT2020 USB wouldn't be the home-studio hit that it is without the ability to deliver detailed vocals. Factor in the USB output, and this mic's flexibility makes it a serious value.
- Side-address style
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- USB-type output connector
- Super-sturdy construction
- Excellent introduction to Audio-Technica quality
- Tripod desk stand, pivoting stand mount, USB cable, and storage pouch included
Designed for the growing professional with big dreams but a tight budget, the AT2020 USB combines the best qualities of the original AT2020, including the low-mass diaphragm that delivers extended frequency response and superior transient response, with the convenience of a direct USB link to your computer, PC and Mac compatible of course. The result is a crystal-clear sound free of self and background noise whether you're recording your latest political diatribe, belting out your favorite aria, or wailing away on your instrument of choice.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Element: Fixed-Charge Back Plate, Permanently Polarized Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-16,000 Hz
- Power Requirements: USB Power (5v Dc)
- Weight: 13.2 Oz (374 G)
- Dimensions: 6.38-inch (162.0 Mm) Long, 2.05-inch (52.0 Mm) Maximum Body Diameter
- Output Connector: USB-Type
- Accessories Furnished: Pivoting Stand Mount For 5/8-inch -27 Threaded Stands; 5/8-inch -27 To 3/8-inch -16 Threaded Adapter; Soft Protective Pouch; Tripod Desk Stand; 10 ft. (3.1 M) Usb Cable
- Bit Depth: 16 Bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1 Khz
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please call the manufacturer at 330-686-2600
The AT2020 USB offers studio-quality articulation and intelligibility. It plugs right into your computer's USB port, and functions seamlessly with your favorite recording software. Equipped with a USB digital output, the AT2020USB is perfect for home studio recording, field recording, podcasting, and voiceover use.
Based on the renowned AT2020
The AT2020 USB is based on the design of Audio-Technica's critically acclaimed AT2020 cardioid condenser microphone. Like the AT2020, it features a low-mass diaphragm, custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response.
With low self-noise, the AT2020USB is perfectly suited for sophisticated digital recording equipment. Audio-Technica's state-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure that the microphone complies with the company's renowned consistency and reliability standards.
- Side-address studio condenser with USB digital output (Windows and Mac compatible)
- Crystal-clear, natural sound for podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, and voiceover use
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Low self-noise - perfectly suited for sophisticated digital recording equipment