The ART ProMPA II is the next generation in affordable high-performance microphone preamp technology. Each microphone input circuit, with selectable +48V phantom power, features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone. The ProMPA II can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
- Variable input impedance for flexible microphone voicing (150 Ohms to 2400 Ohms)
- Selectable plate voltage
- Large VU meters
- Backlit function switches
- Discrete Class-A Input microphone preamplifier
- Low noise at lower gain settings
- Extremely low total harmonic distortion (THD)
- Wide frequency response
- Additional front mounted instrument input jack
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual operation of output controls
- Automatic instrument input selection
The ProMPA II can operate at either a low or high plate voltage on the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display input or output levels while multi-colored LED arrays, with average or peak hold, show tube gain.
Housed in a standard 2u space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel, the ProMPA II is designed to deliver years of reliable operation in the studio, production facility, or on the road for live sound reinforcement.
Pro Dynamic Processors
A professional microphone preamplifier is defined by warmth, presence and clarity - core elements that make an audio processor desirable. They've designed a microphone preamplifier that captures all these elements, with an exceptionally affordable price. Introducing the Digital MPA by ART. With features like variable input impedance, selectable plate voltage, dual differential Class A inputs, digital outputs and sample rates up to 192kHz, it is truly a modern day classic.
The World's Most Popular External Tube Mic Preamp
Whether you're working with a computer, hard disk or digital multitrack recorder, the Tube MP's TEC award nominated design will allow you to obtain professional results at an affordable price. ART preamps offer warm tone, useful features, and are innovatively designed. ART's line of Tube MP products add presence, clarity and fullness to any signal, and is exceptionally low-noise. Their Tube MP Studio V3 features V3 Technology (Variable Valve Voicing), which provides optimized reference points to begin the recording process. V3 delivers a wide variety of settings designed for various microphones and DI inputs, including guitars, basses, keyboards, synths, electronic drums and much more. Don't settle for a copy-cat lookalike. Go with the real thing -- the Tube MP by ART.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Frequency Response 15Hz to 48 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ normal plate voltage 15Hz to 120 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ high plate voltage
- Dynamic range: >110dB ("A" weighted)
- CMRR: >90dB
- THD: <0.005% (typical)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (XLR, "A" weighted)
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (cannon)
- Maximum Instrument Input: +17dBu
- Input Impedance: 150-3000 Ohms adjustable (XLR) >800K Ohms (Instrument)
- Maximum Output Level: +27dBu (XLR)
- Output Impedance:: < 47 Ohms (XLR)
- Maximum Gain: 75dB
- Meter Calibration: 0 VU = +4dBu output (+4dB mode) 0 VU = -10dBV output (-10dB mode)
- High Pass Filter: single pole, 10-200 Hz adjustable
- Power Requirements: USA - 105 to 125 VAC / 60 Hz Export units configured for country of destination
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 3.50 x 19.0 x 8.75 in.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 88 x 482x 222 mm
- Weight: (lb/kg) 10.5 / 4.7
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs