The Pro Channel from ART is the latest offering from the world's most popular tube dynamics processing manufacturer. ART engineers have combined the world-renowned Pro MPA, Pro VLA, and Tube EQ into a single product - creating the world's best-sounding and most affordable professional recording channel.
The four-band parametric equalizer has selectable Q for the two sweepable mid-bands. As with all design elements of the Pro Channel, these Q options were fine-tuned by some of the industry's top studio and live-sound engineers. Likewise, all new additions were made without compromise to the sound of the original designs (Pro MPA, Pro VLA, Tube EQ), which have become standards in professional studios and FOH rigs around the globe.
The Pro Channel defines the term channel strip. The Pro Channel is an impressive package from the world-wide leaders in tube dynamics signal-processing gear. Pick one up and catch your own tube-buzz at your favorite ART dealer today.
- Professional, tube-based microphone/line recording channel.
- 3 independent world-class modules: tube mic pre, switchable optical compressor, and tube EQ.
- Warm, smooth, and silky sound quality.
- Precision detented potentiometers.
- Selectable VU Metering (mic pre out, compressor out, or Main Out)
- Tube Character and Gain Reduction LED Arrays
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4 inch inputs and outputs
- Insert Points between Preamp and Compressor, and Compressor and EQ
- 3 hand-selected vacuum tubes
- Professional signal processing for use with any analog or digital recording format
- Exceptional processing channel for any line or instrument level signal
- 5-year warranty
- Professional recording studios, project studios, and home studios
- DI Box for instruments
- FOH Sound Systems
- Digital Audio Workstations and Computer Recording
- MIDI recording and samplers
- Voice-Over, Broadcast, and Edit Suites
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Maximum Gain: XLR to XLR: 83dB; 1/4 in. to 1/4 in.: 65dB
- Dynamic Range: >100dB (20-20KHz)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20KHz (+/- .5dB)
- Low-Cut Filter Variable: -3dB@10Hz to 250Hz
- Input/Output Connections: XLR balanced & 1/4 in. unbalanced
- Insert Connections: 1/4 in. unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1.67k ohms (XLR), 1M ohm (1/4 in.)
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms (XLR), 300 ohms (1/4 in.)
- Maximum Input Level: +15dBu (XLR), +21dBu (1/4 in.)
- Maximum Output Level:+27dBu (XLR), +22dBu (1/4 in.)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -130dBu (XLR to XLR, "A" weighted)
- Phantom Power: +48v DC (switchable)
- Compression Ratio Variable: 2:1 to >10:1
- Attack Time: Fast: 2ms (optical), 0.5ms (tube), Slow: 15ms (for 20dB of comp)
- Release Time Fast: 300ms, Auto: 100ms-3sec
- Maximum Compression: 30 dB (optical), 23dB (tube)
- Low Shelf: 40Hz/120Hz selectable
- Low-Mid: Sweepable 20Hz to 200Hz/ 200Hz to 2KHz
- Low-Mid Q: Wide/Narrow selectable
- High-Mid Sweepable: 200Hz to 2KHz/ 2KHz to 20KHz
- High-Mid Q: Wide/Narrow selectable
- High Shelf: 6KHz/18KHz selectable
- Boost and Cut/Frequency Band: +/-12dB (wide), +/-20dB (narrow)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.1% (typical)
- Tubes: 3 hand-selected
- Power Requirements: 100-125 VAC, 30W (Export units configured for country of destination)
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 6.5 x 19 x 3.50 in.
- Weight: 12.0 lbs