Product DescriptionCombining the renowned savoir-faire of ARTURIA for designing professional musical instruments, and the expertise of synth "guru" Yves Usson in crafting the finest analog modules, MiniBrute is a revolutionary analog synthesizer. MiniBrute was built with a simple goal in mind: offer great analog sound, through a very easy to use interface, and without ever compromising on quality. The result of fine R&D and skilled craftsmanship: a 100% Analog Audio signal path, delivering huge basslines, screaming leads, outstanding arpeggios and FX.
Analog synthesizers of yesteryear are highly sought-after on the second hand market for their warmth, fatness, slight instability, and their unmistakable sonic character. Digital synths, for their part, offer more possibilities but tend to sound sometimes sterile and loose musicians in endless menus and boring sound digest concepts. Today, MiniBrute comes as a bold statement, standing proudly among legendary analog machines like the Minimoog, Pro-One, SH-101, MS-20, and Odyssey. MiniBrute brings the finest analog sounds as heard on iconic electronic records, whilst imprinting its own unique features and strong attitude.
Hands-On HeavenForget about tiny LCD screens, forget about menus and submenus, forget about double functions and complex control. Minibrute brings back the fun and the immediate hands-on experience of synthesis. You want to make it stronger? Grab the sub-osc slider and move it up. You want it brighter? Grab the filter cutoff knob and turn it up. You want your sound to grow fangs and snarl like a beast? Grab the Brute Factor knob and turn it up! It's that easy.
Connect to the WorldThanks to its full MIDI/CV/USB connectivity, MiniBrute is designed to fit seamlessly in any modern or vintage studio.
- MIDI In/Out : Sequence MiniBrute from your computer's MIDI interface and DAW, or any other MIDI-Out enabled gear you have. Alternatively use MiniBrute as a master keyboard for your DAW or other MIDI-enabled equipment.
- CV In/Out : Chain MiniBrute to your vintage synthesizer, or modular, to get a beefier sound. Expand, control and sequence MiniBrute from your vintage equipment. Use MiniBrute to control your vintage synths (It conforms to the classic 1 Volt per Octave scaling system). Use MiniBrute as a MIDI to CV converter.
- USB In/Out: Sequence MiniBrute directly from your computer's DAW without needing a MIDI interface. Use MiniBrute as a USB-MIDI controller, use MiniBrute as a USB MIDI to CV converter.
- Audio In: Process any external sound through MiniBrute's filter, VCA and Brute Factor circuit. MiniBrute can be used as an analog powerhouse for adding warmth, grit and filter effects to drums, guitars, vocals, and more. It will alternatively generate automatic basslines from percussive sounds by switching the Gate source selector to audio. MiniBrute can also be used as a MIDI to CV Gate interface, ensuring the link between your computer-based studio and your vintage gear.
Sounds with an Attitude - So what does MiniBrute sound like?MiniBrute is certainly not capable of producing all the types of sounds, but it does very well what it is designed for : classic analog sounds, including powerful basses, hypnotic drones, screaming leads, acid sequences, ethereal monopads, 80's arpeggios, mind blowing FX and fascinating sonic experiments.
If you are more into deep funky basses, mellow leads, clavinet or woodwind-like sounds, Minibrute can produce them as well, but the danger zone is always at a twist of a knob.
Features:- Monophonic synthesizer
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter (LP, BP, HP and Notch)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with Sub-Osc
- Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, White Noise, Audio In)
- LFO1 with 6 waveforms and bi-polar modulation destinations
- LFO2 with 3 vibrato modes
- Brute Factor delivering saturation and rich harmonics
- Ultra Saw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics
- Two ADSR Envelope Generators
- 25 note Keyboard with Aftertouch
- Brushed Aluminium Enclosure
- Wood side panels
- External Analog Audio Input
- CV In/Out controls: Pitch, Gate, Filter, Amp
- MIDI In/Out with 5-Pin DIN connectors
- USB MIDI In/Out
- 1/4" Audio Output and 1/4" Headphone Output
- Gate Source Selection: Audio Input, Hold, Keyboard
- Sequencer : 6 Sequences with 64 steps each, 4 Swing settings, 4 Gate settings, 6 play modes
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Arturia products.
- Box contents: MiniBrute SE synthesizer, User manual, Preset sheets, Power supply
- Dimensions: 325 x 390 x70 mm (12.79 x 15.35 x 2.76 inch)
- Weight: 4 kg (8.8 lbs)
- Synthesizer: Monophonic - 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Full Function Step Sequencer:
- 6 sequences with up to 64 steps each
- 4 swing setting
- 6 Playback modes
- 4 Gate timings
- Keyboard: 25 note semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch (assignable to Cutoff or Vibrato amount)
- Octave selector: from -2 to +2 octaves
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):