The Alesis M1 Active 520 is a newly designed, affordable, high-precision active reference monitor with Bass Density control and EQ. The M1 Active series offers incredible definition and flat frequency response from the high-precision drivers and a professionally crafted crossover. The cabinet and drivers have been redesigned for a bold new look and even greater sonic clarity.
The M1 Active 520 has a 1 in. thick front baffle, which minimizes speaker resonance, and the visually stunning acoustic waveguide evenly disperses high-frequency sound across your control room. The M1 Active includes new Bass Density technology, which allows you to tailor these monitors to any room's acoustics. The distinctive top-mounted power/clip indicator lets you know if the speaker is clipping.
The M1 Active 520 features a 75-Watt amplifier and a 5 in. low frequency woofer.
- 5 in. low frequency woofer for clear bass and midrange
- 1 in. silk dome tweeter for clear highs without ear-fatiguing harshness
- High-precision drivers offer lower distortion and smoother frequency response
- Acoustical waveguide for superior imaging with minimal diffraction
- 1 in. thick front baffle virtually eliminates speaker resonance
- Magnetically shielded for close placement to video monitors in computer based music production studios
- 1/4 in. TRS connector with volume control
- Low Frequency Density Switch for acoustic space adjustment of the monitors
- Rear port design provides deep bass extension and increased SPL
- Hi, Mid, and Low Frequency EQ switches to accommodate user preference and sub-woofers
- Top mounted, integrated Power Switch/Clip Light Bar
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Bi-amplified Design / Tweeter - 25W, woofer - 50W
- Woofer. 5" lightweight, magnetically-shielded, ultra-stiff polypropylene cone with rubber surround and high power handling voice coil.
- Tweeter. 3/4" silk dome with magnetic shielding.
- Frequency Response. 56 Hz - 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency. 2.8 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio. >100 dB below full output, unweighted.
- Inputs. XLR and 1/4" supporting both balanced and unbalanced cabling.
- Polarity. Positive signal on "+" pin creates forward cone displacement.
- Input Impedance. 20k ohms balanced or 10k ohms unbalanced.
- Input Sensitivity. 85 mV noise (pink) produces 90 dB(A) output SPL at 1 meter. Gain knob turned fully clockwise (maximum).
- Dimensions (W x H x D). 6.5" x 10.5" x 7.75"
- Net Weight (each speaker). 13.0 lbs